Balcony guarantee?

bowsprit

I am thinking about doing a balcony guarantee on the Nieuw Amsterdam, and it sounds as if we would end up in a VC category. Any bad apples among them that we should be aware of?

Usually we just book a specific cabin, so we are just curious as to how others have done when going for the roll of the dice.

and where do you find the flashing four star HAL gif? that is cool.

Out of 37 cruises (not all on HAL) we have booked guarantee balcony about 60% of the time. If you are not fussy where your room is IMHO it is a great way to go. We have always gotten up graded and are happy with where we are. We have been all over the ships as far as location, and I don't know of too many bad locations for a balcony room, but we are not fussy about that.

In a far-forward VC you could get some pitching if you run into rough water, and those higher than 5171 don't have tubs, but I don't think there's a "bad" VC on the ship.

We've done 8 guarantees and have been upgraded every time. On the N.A. we got our best upgrade ever, booking an H and eventually being given a deck 8 V.

Hope you enjoy the N.A. as much as we did. :)

thanks for the information and the welcome. Pitching seas are not a problem, so forward or aft is fine with us. Just an obstructed or abbreviated balcony would be a downer.

By abbreviated balcony I am referring to one that has only enough room for you to sit in an upright chair with the window pressing against your chair back, and your knees against the rail. Been there and done that.

And we are looking forward to sailing on her, it will make our third NA ship. It has been interesting to see the changes to each of them over the many years.

Archived