To Bring Pack N Play or Not

TRacanoUK

We're booked on the X Summit on Sept 4. Our son will be 15 months old. This past weekend we decided to go to Washington, DC to catch some sites, etc. This was the first time staying with our son at a hotel and the hotel informed us when we arrived at 12AM that they had no cribs. They then found us one at another hotel and brought it at 2AM. Needless to say it wasn't the best experience and DH and I have vowed to bring out Pack N Play whenever there is an off chance we may need it.

SO, that being said, has anyone had poor experiences with the cruise lines NOT have pack n plays or cribs available? If you booked it was it already set up and ready to go or did you have to wait for one? We're driving to the port, so it's really not that big of a deal for us to bring it this time. Just want to know if we should plan for it or not!

Thanks!

We're booked on the X Summit on Sept 4. Our son will be 15 months old. This past weekend we decided to go to Washington, DC to catch some sites, etc. This was the first time staying with our son at a hotel and the hotel informed us when we arrived at 12AM that they had no cribs. They then found us one at another hotel and brought it at 2AM. Needless to say it wasn't the best experience and DH and I have vowed to bring out Pack N Play whenever there is an off chance we may need it.

SO, that being said, has anyone had poor experiences with the cruise lines NOT have pack n plays or cribs available? If you booked it was it already set up and ready to go or did you have to wait for one? We're driving to the port, so it's really not that big of a deal for us to bring it this time. Just want to know if we should plan for it or not!

Thanks!

What I would recomend ,book a cabin with sofa bed,Pack n Play is taken too much spase of your cabin.First time we cruised with baby we pre booked one,but it was not in cabin ,had to ask 3 times for it,but we never used it ,our baby slept on sofa bed ,we just put coffe table lose to it and baby was fine.

I wouldnt take the pack and play...not sure on X, but havent had problems getting a crib set up. On our past cruise, she was 10 months and was nice to have the crib to contain her!! LOL Call your TA or cruise line and request it now and it should be in your cabin and set up for you. Yeah, I would NEVER take the chance, but always call ahead, hotels, cruise etc.

On the Summit, your cabin will have a couch that folds out into the third bed. But you can take off the bolsters, turn it around to face the wall, and you have a crib, without losing floor space. EM

This is a quad cabin

BG-56.jpg

In a triple cabin, the large bed will be positioned against the wall and the couch in the back.

BG-45.jpg

Thanks All! I don't think we'll bring the pack n play. We've already asked for one, but our experience this weekend made us a bit nervous...We confirmed with the hotel 3x that they'd have a crib for us and didn't:(. Even if they don't have a pack n play on board, your suggestions for the couch may be spot on.

Thanks again!

On the Summit, your cabin will have a couch that folds out into the third bed. But you can take off the bolsters, turn it around to face the wall, and you have a crib, without losing floor space. EM

This is a quad cabin

BG-56.jpg

In a triple cabin, the large bed will be positioned against the wall and the couch in the back.

BG-45.jpg

thats what we did ,ithink its a best idea.

Archived