Saturday Night Fever Showtimes Disappointment

After logging on everyday, and finally being able to secure a reservation for Saturday Night Fever on Liberty Med Cruise in July, I learn there are only 3 shows for a 7 night cruise. One is too early, 7:15 as we have Chops reservations and the other two are too late 9:15 and 10:15 considering the intense excursions of the Italy ports, I don't think we will be up to that especially since we have to be up so early. I have never sailed on RCL, is this normal for their shows, only 3 shows? I would have thought there would be more.:(

After logging on everyday, and finally being able to secure a reservation for Saturday Night Fever on Liberty Med Cruise in July, I learn there are only 3 shows for a 7 night cruise. One is too early, 7:15 as we have Chops reservations and the other two are too late 9:15 and 10:15 considering the intense excursions of the Italy ports, I don't think we will be up to that especially since we have to be up so early. I have never sailed on RCL, is this normal for their shows, only 3 shows? I would have thought there would be more.:(

There will be other shows but only three performances of Saturday Night Fever. That is pretty much typical of show schedules on those ships which have big production numbers and it appears that they should be more than adequate to accommodate most of the passengers. You have a schedule conflict on one occasion and believe that 9:15 and 10:15 are too late, but I am not sure how you expect them to schedule the performances to fit your personal schedule. Perhaps you could change

your Chops reservation to another time and make the 7:15 performance.:)

They gave me the impression on the phone when I made restaurant reservations there were 2 shows almost every night, an early and a late.
There are two shows almost every night, they're just not all Saturday Night Fever.

Clearly not expecting them to work around my schedule. Just disappointed, was hoping to see it on the France ports nights, since those days are less hectic. Wasn't how it was explained to me on the phone.

Perhaps you misunderstood them when they told you that there are normally two shows every evening. That was correct information that you may have understood to mean that those two shows each evening were all Saturday Night Fever shows and that just isn't the case. There will be other shows in the theater on those other nights- headliner performers, other production shows etc. I'm sure that once onboard you may find a way to fit one of the performances into your schedule. :)

Can you not change your reservations for Chops? Seems like there is at least one other night you could eat there and still catch the show.

After logging on everyday, and finally being able to secure a reservation for Saturday Night Fever on Liberty Med Cruise in July, I learn there are only 3 shows for a 7 night cruise.

I know you need to make show reservations for Oasis class ships, but do we have to for Freedom class also? I'm booked on Liberty in June of 12. This is the first I heard of reservations for shows other than Oasis class.

I know you need to make show reservations for Oasis class ships, but do we have to for Freedom class also? I'm booked on Liberty in June of 12. This is the first I heard of reservations for shows other than Oasis class.

Only if there is a show similar to Chicago, Hairspray, or Saturday Night Fever on the Freedom. Even then you can show up at the theater just prior to the start of the performance and if there are still seats available (and there usually are) you will be admitted. Tickets or reservations are not generally required for the Ice Show and certainly not for the celebrity headliner or regular production shows.:)

You don't need advance reservations on Liberty...just go to the show of your choosing.

The Freedom and Liberty are the same size ship. From what has been posted, we need to make advance reservations on the Freedom, but not the Liberty. Can we make reservations on the LIberty if we choose? I know you make reservations online for oasis and allure. Can you do that for these ships also?

I would be upset if Saturday Night Fever was shown more, I like a bit of variety and would not want my shows limited to half full showings of the same show over & over. Times are based convience with dinner seatings. 9:15 is to late? You must be at the early seating and would just be finishing up with dinner, do you want the show at 4:00 while your still in port?

BonVoyage

Dawna

The Freedom and Liberty are the same size ship. From what has been posted, we need to make advance reservations on the Freedom, but not the Liberty. Can we make reservations on the LIberty if we choose? I know you make reservations online for oasis and allure. Can you do that for these ships also?

Yes you can. I was just able to make reservations for my 6/25 sailing at the beginning of the week. It seems like the system isn't making them available until you're under 30 days to sail. Some have been even closer. The other thing I've heard is that the times of the shows have been changing once on board so you still have to go and double check and you may have to change your show time. I'm glad I did it - but it's really not necessary. It's just the "pre-planner" in me that likes to have as much done before hand as possible!:D

Clearly not expecting them to work around my schedule. Just disappointed, was hoping to see it on the France ports nights, since those days are less hectic. Wasn't how it was explained to me on the phone.

What was explained to you on the phone is correct regarding the regular shows. There is an early one and a late one every night.

Saturday night Fever is a special show, very new to the ship, which is in addition to the typical evening shows.

You don't need advance reservations on Liberty...just go to the show of your choosing.

Are you certain that your statement applies to the new show recently added to Liberty (Saturday Night Fever) where advance reservations are recommended? Admittedly one can just show up prior to the start of the performance and will probably be able to gain admittance if there are still seats available, but telling peope to "just go to the show of your choosing" ignores the possibility that anyone following your advice might be disappointed if all the seats have been taken by the time they arrive.

We were on Liberty May 19.

The Saturday Night Fever show was only half full every time it performed during this cruise.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

I wonder if this is caused by the makeup of the audience on a cruise in Europe and whether it might be different for sailings from US, or could it simply indicate that this show doesn't have as broad appeal as either Chicago or Hairspray?

Archived