Gondola rides in venice

ISLAND DIVA

Rather than pay 80-100 EUR ($120-$150 when we there) for just the gondola ride, I opted to book a tour that included the evening gondola ride.

I think we paid $55 pp but it is now $57 on viator dot com. The walking tour through the back streets of Venice was interesting, we stopped and had a gelato and ended with the gondola ride about sunset. They did put 6 of us in the gondola, but we thought it was great and we felt we got more bang for our buck!

Eleanor, do you remember which tour you booked on viator.com? I will be in V in August and I am looking at their website for ideas....

Thanks!

Teresa

Thanks for taking the time to point out these tips!

One of our friends is so looking forward to going to Harry's for the famous Belini. How big of a fist? Seriously, what is the cost of a cocktail at Harry's?

Thanks!

Was in Venice last week on my 3rd trip and i still didnt waste my time and especially my money going to an overrated overpriced bar. I spent less for a four course meal for two in a beautiful canal side trattoria than i would pay for 2 drinks at that place. A total waste of time imo. Larry

Thank you for the information. We will get our bottle of wine and glasses and take a gondola ride for two. I have dreamed of it as long as I can remember. Near the top of my bucket list. Makes a big difference that the price is per gondola and not per person.

Was in Venice last week on my 3rd trip and i still didnt waste my time and especially my money going to an overrated overpriced bar. I spent less for a four course meal for two in a beautiful canal side trattoria than i would pay for 2 drinks at that place. A total waste of time imo. Larry

I know what you are talking about! Visiting Harry's is not on my list of places to visit, so I doubt I will go in. I might take a picture of my friend from outside, just for fun.

My friend really wants to go there, and if that is what she wants, okay by me. That is what makes traveling with 8 people so fun. Everyone has their own ideas of what will make their experience special.

Whatever floats your boat (gondola) :D

BTW - What is the name of the beautiful canal side trattoria where you had a four course meal for two?

Archived