***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

Sharon, I am leaving this afternoon to watch Bill's play, as they are practicing at the theater where the play will be performed. They are providing pizza as well.

Bill has much congestion and infection and it has been getting much worse. So he will try to get to the Dr this week.

Well that should be no surprise about the daughter. It was good to keep her away from your house. She would only want whatever she could get her hands on. There is no need to upset yourself by having her around. I'll bet the phone conversation was not nice towards you either.

This weather has been rotten, just gloomy and over cast and we have gotten much rain as well. I am sure standing on the corner in the pouring rain did not help Bill out either.

Kathy

Luckily there was no phone contact, only a message on my cell phone with her. No way am I going to let her come into my home anymore. But was nice to see the two sons and especially since they both gave me a hug when they left.

So dinner and a rehearsal, sounds like a fun time. Bill isn't still sick from when you got back from Michigan is he? Hope not, of course he has been out in the rain with the kids this past week too. Hope he gets something from the dr and gets better real quick. How is all your aches and pains, good or just better?

Went to church this morning then came home and worked on a puzzle all afternoon. I can now do a 500 piece puzzle in two days. Started it on Friday and finished it today. Of course I have nothing else going on so today was about 4 hours. Luckily I have another one that is 1000 pieces to start on now.

Suppose to be some sunshine tomorrow, will look forward to that!

Sharon

Sharon, that was good that you did not talk to that daughter in person. I could see why you would never want her in your house. She is nothing but trouble with a capitol T.

It would be nice if we did have some sunshine around here today. But thus far nothing but thick heavy dark clouds.

Yes, I did go with Bill yesterday afternoon. But it was hard with all of the kids running around all afternoon and they had more down time than actually performing. But we did go out to eat afterwards and that was good.

Bill is all recovered from what he had in Michigan. This is now congestion and an infection from either standing in the pouring rain or something he picked up on the airplane coming home being in tight quarters with many others around you.

You are really getting very good putting together puzzles. I know when we were in Seattle I saw almost everyday folks putting together puzzles in the room where everyone met everyday.

Kathy

The kids must have been the adults in the play kids right, or maybe they are in the play too?

Sunshine today at least most of the day got all the grass cut, needed it a few days a go but it was too wet.

Got a call from the skin dr's office. I am going to start the extrac treatments again 2 times a week starting tomorrow. It is for plaque psoriasis on my scalp. It started last year probably from stress and probably what caused it to start again. Didn't get a call from the Mohs nurse to schedule the surgery on my forehead. Hope to hear from her tomorrow, want to get this over with!

I think I will donate the puzzles I've done with to the Care Center in town.

Sharon

Sharon, the name of the play is Seussical The Musical, so this is a kids play and there are kids in the play as well as adults. Dr Seuss, green eggs and ham.

So my back is getting better, but I still have my foot wrapped during the day as my ankle is not healed to where it needs to be. With spraining it 2 times on the same ankle, it takes much longer to heal than a break.

Around here yesterday we had thick dark clouds all day long. We never saw sunshine like you had. Tomorrow and the rest of the week, is calling for rain.

I remember you having that surgery on your forehead. So now you are having additional stuff done. I hope this time they can get it all and that you can heal properly. Hopefully you hear back from the nurse today so you can get things moving along.

That sounds like a good idea to donate the puzzles. I do not think you would want to do those same puzzles over again.

Kathy

I thought maybe the kids would be in the play, starting young to get in the accting business.

Does Bill have a singing part this time since its a musical?

No call yet to set up the surgery, wish I would hear from them. I have that trip leaving on the 20th and would like for the spot to be healed somewhat before I go.

Isn't it irritating for everything to take so long to heal! I wear a stretchy knee brace exercising or dancing but I think my knee has arthritis and is not going to get better. Sometimes when you have an injury you get arthritis in it. Hope that doesn't happen to your ankle.

Pretty nice day today sunny and breezy, got to enjoy them, probably not many more coming.

Sharon

Sharon, Bill is singing and dancing in this play, but it is with others. So he does not have any parts all alone, just with others in the play.

Yesterday in the afternoon it finally got lots of sunshine. Now today it is supposed to get close to 80 and rain forecast for tonight and tomorrow.

So where are you going? You may have told me but I have forgotten. It would be nice if they could get you scheduled very soon so you can recover before you leave.

It is tough getting old. I figure it will be some time before I am completely healed. Plus lets not hope that I sprain it again.

Enjoy this nice weather we are having, while it lasts.

Kathy

It's called Fall colors of the Smoky Mountains. Just got the itinerary today, it includes Louisville, KY highlights Cumberland Falls known as Niagara of the South. Ashville, NC, to see the Biltmore Estate and several other stops. Should be interesting and fun, I hope.

Had rain here this morning but now is all gone and sun is shining brightly.

It is one of the gals birthday tonight so again the owner if fixing us dinner. I am taking a square of cream cheese covered with a raspberry salsa that I got at the apple barn. It is very tasty. We all bring desserts or snacks to go along with dinner.

Yes, do not hurt your ankle again, hopefully it heals up and doesn't bother you anymore at all.

Talked with my sister a little while ago, they were not too concerned with "Matthew" yesterday but since the weatherman has changed the trajectory they are getting pretty nervous. They are pretty far south and a little to the gulf side but now it looks like the hurricane will cover most of the bottom of Florida. Saw on Facebook my granddaughters husband who is a line man will be leaving in a day or so with his crew to help restore power where necessary. Sounds like planning ahead for quite a bit of trouble.

Sharon

Sharon, I do not remember you telling me about this trip. It sounds like you will be gone about 4 or 5 days. I have been to Lake Cumberland KY before, so I know what you are talking about. That is beautiful country. So this sounds like a very good trip, so enjoy and have a great time.

I woke up this morning to heavy thunder and lightening. We did not get any rain yesterday, but it has been pouring here all morning long. We went to the club last night for dinner. It sounds like you had a good dinner at the bar.

Looking at what they are saying about that hurricane, I would think that anyone in or around its path would be concerned.

Stay dry,

Kathy

The trip is for a week. Bill and I have been to Memphis and Nashville but not Kentucky or Notrh Carolina so will be new for me.

Had rain again today seems like everyday lately. But it did clear up for a while. On the way to line dancing it sprinkled on me most of the way. Nothing on the way home though.

Just watching the news, sounds like Hati got hit awfully bad again. Florida is next.

Glad tomorrow is Friday!

Sharon

Sharon, TGIF.

Yes, this hurricane is causing much damage in its pats. Then they said it will do a 360 turnaround and come right back. I have never seen that before.

We had rain here yesterday all day long. Nothing in the evening. Today is lots of sunshine and temps in the 70's.

Well that will be a nice trip for you all on the bus. So a lot of driving and much to see and do. Have a great time and enjoy.

Kathy

I don't know how come I missed posting yesterday, I didn't go anywhere after I got home from the stretch and tone class. I was pretty sore last night, we used 8# weights for arms and ab work on the floor.

Today a couple we used to dance with came over and we went to a political event, not for the politics, he was sponsoring a pig roast with free drinks and a Patsy Cline tribute singer. She was very good, sang all the famous songs and the food was good too.I don't know what office the guy was running for but he seemed nice enough.

These friends have been going together for about fourteen years, will probably never get married but today she told me since he is having so many medical problems with his kidneys she under went testing and so far is a match so she can give him one of hers. He is late 70's and she is mid 60's.

I got an appmnt for Nov 4th for the MOHS surgery for my forehead. Wanted it sooner but evidently they are booked up and the nurse assured me it would be fine to wait.

Finished another puzzle this one was 1000 piece had lots of people and things in it so was easier to do.

Hope your weekend is going well, saw the marathon is tomorrow, wondering if you both are working at it.

Sharon

Sharon, we get so busy sometimes, things just pass on by. Yes, normally we both are downtown for the marathon. But this time only Bill was down there running a special VIP event for the Chicago Area Runners Association. Since he got up so early he did not go to rehearsal yesterday afternoon. He went straight to bed once he got home. Plus I had bunco at another lady's house on Friday.

In our town we had an Autumn Feast over the weekend. So I worked it on Saturday and Sunday helping out. So it sounds like your event was a good event to go to. Lucky you had a couple who came by to pick you up.

Well hopefully by your lady friend donating her kidney will help her friend out. I just found out a short time ago that Bill has to have 2 surgeries on his foot. His 1 toe is curving in and they have to put a pin in to straighten it out. Then in 3 weeks after the surgery they have to take the pin out.

That class is really giving you a workout. I am sure once you really get into a regular routine, your muscles will not be hurting as much.

Kathy

You both were busy this past weekend! But sounds like a fun time.

On Sunday I went to something they call Fall Diddley. It is all kinds of crafts for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Also clothes and just about anything you can think of. There were also restaurants there so I brought home a container of baked potato soup for dinner.

Was your Autumn Feast food or other things also? What did you have to do to help out?

I can't believe how many people were in the marathon!

Had my 6 month teeth cleaning this afternoon, yeah for me no cavaties again. But the dentist did put a watch on one tooth.

Beautiful day again today, hope we get a whole week just like it.

Sharon

Sharon, yes I remember that you go to that event every year. The event that I was helping out with here in town was mainly food and liquor being offered. Only a couple of crafter's. So I helped out at 1 of the local vendors.

I went for a checkup this morning before work with my Dr. I will get the results in a few days.

Should be another very nice day as far as the weather goes. I guess tomorrow rain and then a big temp drop on Thursday.

Enjoy this beautiful weather.

Kathy

Your dr is going to wonder what you've been doing to yourself with the sore ankle and aching back. I hate waiting for test results seems they always take too long. Hope everything comes back AOkay!

Went to a free dinner tonight at a nice restsurant with some friends. All we had do was listen to a financial speech. He did have some good ideas but I didn't sign up for a meeting with him.

I am trying to time cutting the grass so it doesn't look overgrown while I am gone. Think tomorrow if it doesn't rain is the best day, then next Tues or Wed again.

The bus company I travel with is having a get together next Thurs to discuss the highlights of the 2017 trips. I got their trip catalog a few days ago and already signed up for a few of the day trips that didn't require a deposit.

Love these beautiful days lately

Sharon

Sharon, thus far today is looking for a very nice day. I guess we could get rain later on, but now it is nice. That sounds like a good plan for cutting your grass.

It is always nice to get a nice free dinner just for listening. I remember that you go to them a few times a year.

So is it 1 week from this Friday that you leave on your bus trip? Hopefully the weather will still be good for the trip. I know the leaves have been falling around here for the past few weeks. So you should have some nice fall colors to see on the trip.

Enjoy and have a nice day today being outside.

Kathy

It was a no go for the grass cutting today, it started raining around 9:30 and hasn't really stopped all day. For a minute or too the sun actually peeked out but then more clouds. Hopefully the grass won't be too wet tomorrow.

Yes next week, since I'm going south, the trees should still have their leaves in bright colors.

They have been picking the soy beans the last week and the box elder bugs have been awful. Don't know if one thing has anything to do with the other but almost seems like it. At least so far those little pink bugs that look like a lady bug have not been out, they bite.

Sharon

Sharon, too bad you were not able to get any grass cut today. It did not start raining around here until 1 and it has not stopped. But this morning the sun was out and it was very nice.

I know those bugs you are talking about. We have not had them either and yes, they do bite. It has been cool enough at night where we really have not had any bugs around at night.

Certainly you should be getting all excited and getting everything all lined up for your cross country trip next Friday. I hope you will have good weather and also a very good time away.

Kathy

I have become quite the procrastinator, I haven't started putting anything together to take on the trip. But I did cut grass for a couple of hours today. It was cold out. Last night and tonight I have covered my tomato plants because it froze last night and probably will tonight too. I have not turned the furnace on yet though.

Went to dance lessons tonight, seemed like I had been dancing for quite a while, checked my watch and sure enough it was time to go. I got in the car and looked at the time and saw I had looked at my watch wrong and I had left after 2 hrs instead of the 3 I usually do. But I wasn't going back in so came home.

Thanks for the good thoughts on my trip, hopefully I find someone to talk to at least so I don't spend the whole week alone.

Sharon

Sharon, I just thought that you would be all excited and would have started lining things up by now. It probably would be good to sit alone so you don't have to talk to anyone and can get some rest while driving. But it would be good to hook up with someone so you can at least have someone to commit on different things.

I did see where your area had frost warning out. We have not been in that alert zone just yet. But it is getting cold at night and in the morning.

It sounds like you were having a real good time dancing. I guess it was best to just go home early so you would not be out on the dark road so late. We turned on our heat last night. It is that time of year already

Enjoy and have a nice weekend.

Kathy

I think on the bus I will be sitting with someone, unless all the other people are couples. I have been given the seat #41, assigned by the number you were to register for the trip. We have to change seats on each new day so that everyone gets a chance to sit somewhere else on the bus.

Went to the dance place tonight, friends picked me up so I didn't have to drive. Three couples were there and a single gal friend that likes to line dance so we had some fun doing that.

Have you heard anything from your tests yet?

Looks to be a nice day tomorrow, was only 53 coming home tonight so there won't be frost tonight.

Sharon

Sharon, still nothing from the test results as of yet. It is not a very nice day around her. It is damp and rainy just now. I guess next week it will be warming up.

I have never heard of assigned seating on those buses. But that is a good idea to be changing around on each day and to be sitting with someone different. I am sure all couples will sit together and you will be rotating with other singles.

That was good that you did not have to drive and you went with others to have a nice night out. We went out to eat last night. We got there early enough so it was starting to get crowded once we were leaving.

Kathy

Not such a nice day here today either, cloudy and gloomy but not so cold as the last few days. Good day to vacuum, I get really hot when I vacuum so a good way to warm up.

Nothing else going on today, just before dark I have to go let my friends dog outside. They went to a wedding and will not be back for a while. I like her dog so its kind of fun.

Bill must be all recovered from not feeling so good a while back, that's a good thing! Always nice to go out to eat and not have to cook.

Sharon

Sharon, a nice couple of days in store for us with temps in the 80's the next couple of days. It might be the last time we see 80's until next summer.

I went to a race that I had signed up to walk as Bill was working the race. I just picked up my race entry and shirt but decided that my ankle was not ready to do hills and maybe slip on the slick surface.

It won't be long that Friday will be upon us and you will be on your way to a week long bus trip and touring. Enjoy and have a real nice time.

Kathy