***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

Thanks for the information Jo, I don't think I would ever get an inside cabin, I don't even like to have an aisle or middle seat on an airplane. I have to be able to see out. Someday I might give it a try and sail solo.

Kathy, I went to the Barn Dance with my friend Audra, they had a rock band, I know that's funny at a Barn Dance. But we were able to do some country line dances to some of the songs they played anyway. We got them started with the Electric Slide and then they kept doing it to just about every song that was played. There was lots of food and it was a nice but hot night.

Might try bike riding again tomorrow, see how far I can get before my legs or butt gives out!

Sharon

Sharon, it was a busy weekend and it poured early in the morning and the rest of the day was good. The outside tropical party was nice and I had a hard time finding an Aloha Shirt to wear as I have gained 5 pounds. Trying on clothes is always a good size chart on how you are doing with your weight.

So a very busy day yesterday with shopping in the morning and then the party later on. Your barn dance sounded like you got the ball moving starting doing the line dance.

It looks like today ad the rest of the week is rain free except for Wednesday, and you got it, rain forecast again. Only 2 more games to play for the season.

Kathy

Hello friends . My birthday is tomorrow. It is always so very hot down here.I really need to find more things to do.

Happy belated birthday to you Karen.

Kathy

Edited by mstrc1

Glad to talk to you again but I'm not Karen.

Just Belle!

This post is for people who want to lose weight

before going on a cruise, now or later or just

wishing to go on one. I'm not going on one for

awhile but din in June.

I come in here once in awhile to see how you and

Sharon are doing. You both are doing good. I'm glad.

Of course you are Belle. Sorry but it has been a very long time and I am glad that you have dropped by once again and given this thread a jump start. Now I need to loose those 5 pounds that I have gained.

Kathy

Jo.. Have a nice road trip. Thank for Birthday

Wishes, it's 9-1.

Cruise42.. Glad you found us and great you

loss a pound.

Sharon.. I've taken solo cruises since my husband

past away. Taken inside cabins because the charge

us almost double unless you get a great deal. You

have to research and fine the best price. Still took

inside, they were fine. Just up on deck more.

GO for it.

Kathy.. Yes haven't been here awhile but I do read

and see how you two are doing. So it's right you didn't

really know my name. I see Oppalopa is Karen.

Oppalopa.. Hope you had a great birthday!

Cruiserman, ZacsMom and Diana hope you having a good weekend

and of course everyone else too.

I'm having a down day not in food but in mood. I'll get past

it but I wish things were easier. Haven't done to bad in eating

but haven't done the things I wanted done today.

Everyone have a good week.

Kathy glad you had a good time at your party. Bet it was colorful if everyone wore Hawaian shirts or blouses.

We were going to wear jeans and boots to the party we went to but it was too hot. Ended up wesring capris and sandals.

I went for a bike ride with a friend, I had to walk the bike up one hill too steep . But otherwise did okay. My legs felt like jello by the time we got back and I think we only went about 5 miles. Will have to keep at it, would be easier if the road was flat instead of so rolling.

I was going to wait to cut the grass tomorrow but then about 4 oclock heard it might rain tomorrow so went out and cut till I needed gas. Then had to quit and go fill up my gas containers. By the time I got back it was too dark to continue.

Sharon

Sharon, yes it does get dark much earlier now each day we are loosing daylight. It was raining all morning, and it looks like we could get some tonight yet.

The party was outside and not everyone wore Hawaiian attire. But all in all it was a nice afternoon outside. Your barn dance sounded like a very good time as well.

I somehow twisted my back. So I am in a great deal of pain. I have an ice pack that I will be laying on.

We leave Friday afternoon for Saugatuck. What are your plans for the long holiday weekend?

Kathy

Sorry to hear about your back. That makes it hard to do anything. Is your ankle all better now? Sometimes if you favor one side other bidy parts get out of whack and start hurting.

Did I tell you my sister said the cardiologist told her that her heart was only working at 30%, not good but explains why she always seems to be out of breath. Very scary, he put her on that medicine tgey have been advertising on TV, Ernesto. Supposed to help peopke with heart problems to live longer.

No plans for the weekend, going to the County fair tomorrow night. Meeting the Wed night gals there instead of the bar.

Michigan should be fun, seems you both have a good time when you go there, just leave early to avoid traffic.

Sharon

Sharon, as far as my ankle goes, I can walk on it but all of the swelling has not completely gone down. I am a bit better but no way even close to getting to where I should be. It was very difficult getting into the car this morning and extremely slow moving around. I think I did way too much on Saturday, on my hands and knees washing the floors. I think that set the stage for having it go out on me.

So tonight you and your friends are going to the County Fair. It should be a nice cool night tonight. As far as our game goes it looks OK now as the rain has ben taken out of the forecast, even though it is very overcast.

That would explain a lot about your sister. If this new drug will help her to be not so out of breath than that is what she need to be taking all of the time to see if it improves her some.

Kathy

So how did you do last night with the game? Hope you won, its getting to be close to the end now.

We gals did go to the fair, one of the gals lives a few blocks away so we parked at her house and walked in. Then we walked all over the fair grounds, stopping to talk to people one of us knew or to look at something one of us wanted to see. I got some coconut shrimp and they were delicious, and for dessert.. an elephant ear. I did share with the others as it was huge. We left at about 9:30 and we heard later that at 10 pm they cleared the fair because they thought they had found a bomb. Turn out it was a pair of drum sticks an amateur drummer had lost and had tied together with some wire of some sort to keep them together. We heard people were complaining about missing going on the rides so today they gave them 2 free hours . Better to be safe than sorry I guess. I was so tired and my legs were too that when I got home I brushed my teeth, washed my face and went to bed.

I know it takes a long time to heal once you get something, the top of my nose is still sore if I touch it and that has been over a month or more. Hope your aches feel better soon!

I talked to my sister again today, she had to stop taking that medicine it was lowering her blood pressure too much. She says she feels better not taking it anyway. They did get moved and she thinks the stairs won't be a problem for her. She also said they have warnings about the weather that isn't expected to hit them directly but they will get the rain from it. I told her how nice it has been yesterday and today. Just having the humidity gone has been great. I actually shut my bedroom window tonight, a cold air was blowing in.

Well hope you enjoy your weekend, just take it easy and rest as much as you can.

Sharon

Edited by timeormoney

Sharon, we won again and Bill did it all for us. I of course did not play, and it was only Bill and 1 other lady that showed up to play. Once again a very close game. So now we only have 1 more game to play next week, if it does not get rained out, and that is it.

Yes, the cooler temps have been great, and today as well. There is no rain in the forecast for this weekend and I am sure it will be cooler at night. Now all I have to do is to leave early today so we can get on the road to beat the traffic.

It was lucky that you all left early from the fair so not to get caught up in that bomb scare. With the way things are today, one can never be too safe.

You would think that the Dr in FL could give her something that will not cause complications. I am sure he does not want her to be without medications.

Enjoy and have a nice restful long holiday weekend.

Kathy

Congrats on the win! Bill came through once again.

Hope you got away early today to get ahead of the traffic. We had a hot air balloon event in town and more traffic than our little town has ever seen. I did not go but people were posting on facebook about the lines of cars trying to get in to the grounds.

I had a friend call to ask me if I wanted to go tonight to an Eagles Tribute band show. She had front row seats for the second show. I had no plans so said yes I would like to go. She had two extra tickets for some reason and she had went to the 1st show. She also had asked my friend's daughter so I picked her up and we went toghether. They were really good, we had a good time.

Sharon

Sharon, we only have 1 more game to play tomorrow night if we donot not get rained out.

We came home early from our holiday get away. We left on Sunday night as Bill started to get sick on Sunday afternoon. We left early evening and was home at 9:30. Bill got real sick once home and went right to bed. He was sick most of the day yesterday, and it was not until late yesterday afternoon when he started to feel better. Now all day I have the same thing that he was having. So maybe we both caught a virus.

We did get away early afternoon and arrived there much earlier than we usually do. Just the same it took 2.5 hours and coming home we did it in under 2 hours due to very light traffic.

Well that was good that you were invited to a concert with great seats. A real nice ending to a great weekend weather wise.

Kathy

That's the worst, getting sick when you are away from home. Sounds like it doesn't last too long, so hopefully you both will be feeling good again real soon!

It was good that you could get away early, much less traffic and got there quicker, also must have missed the return traffic, so there was some good came out out leaving and returning early.

I didn't do anything Saturday, Sunday or Monday. It was a long, long weekend. Played a few games on the computer, started a new puzzle. Seems on the holidays that everyone that has family does stuff with them.

Really hot the next two days, put the air on to get ahead of it. Thought I better run it a while so it keeps going for me. Sometimes non use can cause problems.

I think I heard rain tomorrow, but then again, you know how the weather men are.

Sharon

Sharon, looking at what was put up this morning. The rain could move in late tonight. So hopefully we can get this last rain out game in.

Bill got a bad case of the stomach flu, and as of yesterday I have picked up a lessor version of what he has. Neither of us are close to being 100%, but at least we are on the mend.

Yes, yesterday and today will be extremely hot and high humidity. But then I guess a cool front is moving in and the rest of the week will be much cooler.

As it turned out, it was good that we did leave early. As soon as Bill got home, he went right to bed and was sick all day on Monday. It would not have been good driving back as sick as he was on Monday. Now I have it as well.

Kathy

It rained really hard here early evening, so I'm thinking you might not have gotten your game in, that is if either one of you felt good enough to play. Were you able to go to work today or did you stay home?

The humidity today was really up there, so glad I put the air on yesterday so it felt good in the house.

Met the girls, when everyone got there three of them ordered dinner. Two of us had eaten a little something before we went. After he got their orders up, he brought out a plate of pulled pork sandwiches with some barbecue sauce for everyone. The were very good. We actually did a little dancing tonight too for a change. Luckily it had stopped raining by the time we left.

Sharon

Sharon, I had seen that the rain was up north most of the afternoon and none came around here at all until late evening. So we started yesterday in second place. Then it started raining lightly just before 8. Then it stopped a bit around 8 and then the winds really picked up. We were able to get all of our games in and now the season is officially over.

We leave for SEA in 2 weeks and the bocce banquet is in 3 weeks. So we started this season in dead last place We won last night and Bill did play. It was extremely humid. So he carried us once again and he was not feeling all that great. So with the win and the first place team loosing last night, we ended the season in first place. First time ever we ended in first place. I played also. I am doing much better than Bill. He came home and was heaving once again. So hardly not out of the woods yet. He came home and went directly to bed.

It rained around here all morning and I guess the afternoon may clear up. Bill has not been feeling good enough to be going to rehearsals. So it sounds like once again you all had a good time and they somehow manage to take care of you all with good treats.

Kathy

Well congrats on the win and especially since you finished in first place!! Too bad Bill is still not feeling well, be careful he doesn't get dehydrated.

So are you going on a cruise out of Seattle or just going for a land tour vacation? I have never been there but the weather when it's not raining is supposed to be very moderate all year. Are you going to be back to go to the banquet.

They are starting a new exercise class called tone and stretch tomorrow. The first time is free so I will go and see what it's all about. If I like it I will give up one of the other days, since 5 days is too much. It's a trial run to see if they get enough people to continue on with it.

Hope both of you get well,

Sharon

Sharon, Bill did get severely dehydrated from all of the discharge. Once you are that dehydrated it takes 4 or 5 days to get back to where you need to be. The only way to get hydrated right away is to go to the ER and have an IV put in you to get you back. He has had a bad case of stomach flu.

So today you are at the trail class to see if they get enough interest and second if you really like it. It sounds like it may be an interesting class.

Bill will be an assistant vice president of the retired air line convention that is held every year in a different city. We went a few years ago when it was held in Denver. So we already have a tour booked and will do some things on our own as well. When we went in May, Bill was invited by the Brooks Corporation as one of their coaches and they hosted the weekend for us. So we were able to do some things then.

We started the season in dead last place and first time ever any team has gone from last place to first place out of 16 teams. The first place team from last year went from first place to dead last. That has never happened either. Bill carried the team this year. A lot of our players were not able to play. I know you may have thought we lost a lot when I told you, but we only actually lost 4 times.

Kathy

Edited by mstrc1

I am really impressed as to how many things Bill is into! Good for him keeping busy with things he enjoys. I do remember you going last year now that you mention it. Should be a fun time again this year.

I did like the new Tone and Stretch class, and there were quite a few gals that came to it. So I will drop one of the zumba classes that the one instructor does, she is not as good as the other one and go to this class on Friday.

Several things going on this weekend, hope to do some of them. Have been procrastinating going out and cutting the grass today. It's not that hot but so humid again. I still can get some of it done if I go right after this.

So did Bill go get an IV or is he just waiting to get re hydrated in the next few days. Maybe a few more days of rest will help you both.

I know with the bocce, it seemed you had more trouble with the weather than winning the games. Every Wednesday night was when the rains came.

Sharon

Sharon, yes it did seem that whenever Wednesday's rolled around there was always rain in the forecast. But realistically we only had 2 rain out's, and last Wednesday we were very lucky to have gotten all of the games in. As it started to rain just before 8, but it was not too heavy and everyone kept playing. Then after 8 the winds really picked up and it sure looked like our 8:00 games would be rained out. But we finished all of them and the rest is history. The storms hit later on.

Well that is good that you are dropping one of the 2 Zumba classes and choosing this new one instead. It should be very good for you.

Around here it started raining yesterday afternoon around 3 and it was still raining into the evening. So I do not know if the rain did reaching your area, so you can cut some grass. Just now it is raining here this morning.

We got home on Sunday around 9:30 and Bill went right to bed. We had considered going on Monday, but with a holiday we did not want to go through that. So gradually he has been increasing his intake and it will take a few more days for him to get re-hydrated once again.

It should be a much cooler weekend, so enjoy,

Kathy

I did get some mowing in, I started around 5pm and about 6pm the wind picked up and just like that the humidity was gone. Felt like a drop of 20 degrees in temperature but it was only because of the humidity being gone. Dark clouds started to blow in but I kept cutting and they finally blew over without it raining at all. So I quit about 7pm as it was starting to get dark.

I went with a friend today up to the Corn Fest, they give away free roasted corn, have some vendors, a band, a tractor pulling contest and horse shoe contest. We played bingo. My friend won 2 times, the pot was only $10 each time but still fun to win. I didn't win but had fun anyway.

I came home and rode my bike for a little bit, just not getting much easier but then again its been a while since I rode it. Wish it was easier, then I would ride it more often, but I guess if I rode it more often it would be easier!

Good Bill is slowly getting to feel better, and are you feeling all better yet with your back and ankle?

Sharon

Sharon, yes my back is much better, but I still have my ankle wrapped. I am also feeling much better. Bill is not back to 100% yet, but just yesterday he started feeling better.

That sounds like a very good time at the corn fest. Some interesting thing they were doing. It is good that your friend won, even though it was only $10 for each game that she won.

It really cooled off last night. We finally turned off the A/C. It should be cool for a few days. Today sure turned out to be a real nice day.

It sounds like you were lucky to get the mowing done. I know around here it was raining lightly in the morning, and then it cleared up for the afternoon. If you keep riding your bile, then it will start to get easier for you. But the key is to ride and not just do it once in a while.

Kathy

It was a nice day today, going for a bike ride in a few minutes. I went out to water some plants on my front door step and saw a business card that Bill's son had left there. I didn't know when he had came so I gave him a call and had to leave a message that I was sorry to have missed him. He called back a little while later and said he thought he would just stop and say hello. But he had left the card last Wednesday, said, guess you don't use your front door too much. We had a nice hour long talk and he filled me in on what all has been going on with the trust and the farm and apartments. Looks like he is going to buy the farm and there is an offer on the apartments. If all that goes through the only thing left would be that one house that is not in the trust. The kicker is that everyone has to sign off and there are a couple of "kids" that are not happy about one thing or another. They are also suing the lawyer, looks like since he has insurance they will be getting quite a bit of money out of that too. Should make them all happy! We ended the call by agreeing to go out to dinner some evening in a couple of weeks. Nice to have one of them still like me.

Didn't do anything today much, just some laundry, probably should have finished mowing but maybe tomorrow.

Good you and Bill are feeling better hope you are both 100% by the time you are ready to go to Seattle.

Sharon

Sharon, Bill has still not yet gone back to rehearsals. He said he will go back on Tuesday evening. He was just not strong enough and is still a bit dehydrated. Hopefully he will be all good in a few days.

Another nice night as far as the weather goes. You should have a perfect night to go on a bile ride. With the temps a bit milder for a few days, you should be able to do the grass another day during the week. Might as well enjoy what is left on this weekend.

I guess you do not use your front door if his card was sitting there since Wednesday. At least 1 of them still likes you and when you do go out, it should be interesting about any stories.

Kathy