***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

I have an appmnt coming up with the skin dr in Feb. She wanted me to have that blue light treatment before I saw her again, but I am too chicken. I have read some of the reviews from people that have had it and I am scared to do it. It is however supposed to prevent you from having to be zapped all the time.

We had a good time at the pool after zumba today. Lots of food and liquor was brought in!

Tonight going to see the girls, haven't been for 3 weeks but the roads are good and the temp is about 25. They are having meat loaf and mashed potatoes tonight. Sounds good but I have had quite a bit to eat today already.

Maybe by the end of the weekend your bathroom will be well on the way to being done.

Sharon

Sharon, our medicine cabinet is being delivered tomorrow. It will be installed on Friday. With luck he may also put in the sink as well. Since Bill has already taken the old 1 down all he has to do it to put up the new 1. So you are right, with luck it all will be finished sometime on Friday.

So this morning we had a coating of ice on all of our roads. I was supposed to go for a foot Dr's appointment, but I canceled it due to poor driving conditions. Rescheduled it for February. They did not get salt put down as early as they should have. I heard road closures and many accidents. So the main reason for canceling.

Well that was good that you had so much fun this morning and that you will also be going out tonight. At least the weather is OK now. I heard that Friday it will be in the 50's.

I do not blame you for not wanting to do that treatment, especially after you have checked and read up on it. We have a friend who is going for a biopsy tomorrow. Bill had told him on how painful and uncomfortable his was when he had his done. But it saved his life. I know I was freaking out during the surgery as it was only supposed to be 3 1/2 hours, and it turned out to be 7 hours.

So tonight this is the second class we both are attending at our PD. It is a 9 week course every Wednesday night. They show us on how the department actually works and all of the practices and procedures. Show us all around and lock up and how they book prisoners. I would never do it all by myself, but with Bill it is all OK. When it is all over we can go on a rid-a-long for four hours.

Kathy

I was watching the weather and traffic reports yesterday morning and there were accidents all over the expressways! Our roads were good luckily.

That sounds pretty interesting but not sure I would want to go on a ride a long. Depends I guess on where and what time they do it. Of course it's better for you that Bill is there with you.

I went to the show this afternoon, wanted to see The Commuter. It had been a the show all last week and I never got there, so this week it was only there one day, today at one time. It was pretty good. I like Liam Neeson as an actor.

Staying home tonight, but tomorrow night have a bunco party to go to. It's a fun game and there will be 12 women there.

Sharon

Sharon, good for you going to bunco party tomorrow. It is always fun and it sounds like you have a good group of ladies. Where is it going to be at and is anyone else going with you?

Yes, with all of the accidents all around here I was not even going to chance it. I was more concerned that someone else would run into me. Tomorrow temps headed to 50 but high winds. It actually made it into the 40's today.

So the lighted medicine cabinet was delivered today. It is supposed to be installed tomorrow morning sometime. It was shipped in a very well packed crate. So I hope that all goes well tomorrow with the installation.

These classes are very informative and interesting. It will not be for awhile doing the ride along. You have to give them 3 choices and of course you have to wear a bullet proof vest as well. You have to stay in the squad during any traffic stops.

You go to a lot of shows. So with the Oscars coming out, I am sure you have seen some of the shows that have been nominated.

Kathy

I didn't go to WW this morning, I didn't hardly sleep at all so stayed in bed but didn't help much . I went to get my blood work done this morning, the nurse couldn't get anything out of a vein in the crook of my arm so went to one in my hand. That one hurt more but she was able to get enough to do all the tests listed.

It was supposed to be really nice today, it was a little warmer but very cloudy and very windy also. Spent most of the day reading a book and dozing off and on.

Not really looking forward to going to the bunco party, would rather stay home and go to bed early tonight. Afraid if I don't go she won't have enough gals to play the game.

I am going by myself, it takes about 25 minutes to get there. One of the gals from zumba is hosting it.

Sharon

Sharon, I hope you have fun at bunco tonight. I hear what you are saying about not wanting to go. But you just might have a lot of fun tonight.

So sorry to hear that you could not sleep last night. I know the feeling as I have done the very same thing not being able to fall asleep once waking up early in the morning and not sleeping the rest of the night.

You are right about today. Even though the temps were in the 50's, but with the extremely high winds it did feel much cooler.

I also know what you mean when they cannot find a vein for drawing blood. I have had that very same problem. Then they get another nurse who can do a better job in finding the vein.

So tomorrow marks our 11 anniversary. So tomorrow night we will go out to eat at our favorite restaurant. Depending on how I feel tomorrow morning will depend if I got to WW tomorrow morning.

I hope you can get some good sleep tonight,

Kathy

Happy Anniversary! Nice to go out and have a good dinner to celebrate.

I went to the party, just like I had thought, lots of drinking and high pitched voices that got louder as the night went on. Was so tired, we did 4 games that seemed to take forever because everyone kept getting up and eating or going to the bathroom or just plain talking.

Was glad when we finally got done, so I could go home.

Seems like I want to go home if I am out somewhere, but when I am home I am very lonely. I have no one to talk and if I don't go to exercise class I don't even see anyone. Not really living, just kind of existing now. Very hard to get through the days and nights. Have to figure out someway to change, certainly can't go on like this.

Sharon

Sharon, thank you and since the weather is stable we should have no problem getting there tonight. I am just staying home cleaning and doing laundry. I did go to WW and I am down 1/2 pound.

It looks like the weather is going to be above freezing all next week. I need to get the car washed from the salt that was on the roads earlier this week. I am sure the place will be real crowded.

Yes, those bunco parties can get like that. However there is no drinking at our parties, and that helps to keep the noise level down. But there is a lot of food by the host. But I do not get home to well after midnight.

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through such a difficult time just now. All I can do just now is to offer you my prayers and a hope that brighter days are ahead. I know easier said than done, but there will be rainbows and blue skies someday. You just cannot see it yet, but never ever give up. My words are not what you really want to hear. But never give up hope.

Kathy

Great with the 1/2 loss Kathy! I am down another pound unfortunately seems I am eating as much as I can and quite often during the day and night.

It would certainly help if there was no drinking, people just seem to get more stupid as the night went on. There was one gal, a teacher actually that had some red in her hair and she kept saying "I'm a ginger" to every question anyone asked. Got old real fast.

I went to church and then to the mall today. Had to get out amongst some people.

Got new lenses for my glasses at Lenscrafters. Give them your prescription and within an hour they are ready. Cost $386.00 but will have them for quite a while. Just used my old frames, good enough.

Yes I keep thinking things will get better some day,

Sharon

Sharon, when I was cleaning the house on Saturday. The stuff I was cleaning the oven with some got on the floor and I slipped and really hurt my leg. It should be sore for a few days.

Yes, I agree that a good pair of glasses are very expensive. But like you have said you will have them for awhile. But they sure did get them ready for you vary quick.

I was thinking yesterday, would you ever consider getting a pet for yourself? I know not the same as human company, but having a pet might help some.

The temps are going like a roller coaster this week. There will be 1 day in the 40's and like today in the 30's up and down. Very windy around here today and earlier it was snowing lightly. It never amounted to anything.

I do not like going to places where there is a lot of drinking and loud noises. It seems the more people are drinking the louder they will get.

Stay warm,

Kathy

Too bad about hurting your leg, at least it wasn't your back again.

Did you get the medicine cabinet put in over the weekend?

It snowed lightly all day here too, just flurries so no accumulation.

No don't want to get a pet, don't want to be tied down that much. I did go over and let my pet sitter friends dog out this afternoon. They were going to be gone a while and she needed to be let out.

Got the results of my blood test back. Several things either too high or too low. The dr hasn't called yet, I got them on line. My cholesterol is 250, don't know how that can be. Then something called anion gap was high. Google said could be dehydration, too much exercise, or more serious things like kidney disease or diabetes. One other thing was high that was MPV another thing I had never heard of, only one off the "normal" something about the size of platelets. Will need to see what the dr thinks about those things.

Sharon

Sharon, I guess with everything that has been going on, I did not update on what had happened with the cabinet. So it arrived on Thursday and it was extremely well packed. So once Bill had opened and unpacked he realized that the wrong thing was ordered. It was just a glass mirror and not with the medicine cabinet. He said it took him about 5 hours unpacking it and packing it up once again. He took it to UPS on Friday. So spent the weekend looking at an actual lighted medicine cabinet, from the very same place. So he had talked to the owner of the company to assure we got the right thing. So now the new one is coming on Wednesday, all we have to do is to get someone to install it. So we have been without the lighted medicine cabinet for a week now.

Good that you got all of your results back. I guess you will just have to talk to the Dr and see what needs to be done to get you back on the good road once again. I am sure all of this stress you have been under is not helping things along either. I know Bill had been suffering with kidney issues. It turns out he need to be drinking more water. You can get more dehydrated in the winter than the summer.

Just a miserable day around here today. Like you said light snow but did not amount to anything. Just down right miserable with the high winds that makes it feel so much colder that it was.

Stay warm,

Kathy

I recently embarked on a "health kick" and while things are going quite well now, I need a support group to help keep me on the straight and narrow.

I totally quit drinking alcohol and that seems to have made a positive difference in the texture of my skin. I only drink peppermint tea and Perrier with lots of ice and a few drops of bitters, and I really drink a lot of that. The bitters are supposed to be good for your digestion.

I have been trying to get in three ten minute session on my Simply Fit board every day. I like the board because I can do it any time and can easily control my heart rate while I exercise. I listen To audiobooks while I exercise which makes it interesting. I also listen to audiobooks while I drive, and cook, and while I clean.

So if this is a busy, supportive group, with lots of activity, I would like to join.

Hi Punki, I see you on facebook quite often. I too have went on a healthy eating journey, however I keep getting derailed because of all the stress in my life. Now my cholesterol even with meds is too high. Going to have to work on that.

Kathy, too bad about the medicine cabinet, seems when you order something you take a chance its going to fit or be the right one. At least now you have gotten assurances that you have ordered the right one so when it comes you will be able to get it installed.

Did the zumba class, had a gal come that had been sick for 2 weeks, said she was better but seriously, did not look like she should be out exercising. She is going to Costa Rica on Friday with her sister for a little over a month. Quite a trip planned going all around the island. Then the gal on the other side of me said her whole family had been sick too. Just wish these people would stay home till they are well and not subject the rest of us to their germs!

Looks nice out and not too windy today. Heard that we could be getting 2 to 4 inches of snow on Saturday.

Sharon

Sharon, I did hear that about this weekend about getting measurable snow falling. Today started out nice with lots of sunshine. But this afternoon with the winds it is downright cold. Hard to believe that tomorrow is the last day of January. February will fly by as well.

I totally agree with you about people who either have been sick or they are around people who have been sick. Stay at home and don't come around spreading germs. They really dropped the ball on this flu season.

I was thinking you might try having a couple glasses of wine at night. It will help you to sleep and also should put a few pounds back on you as well. I know if I have a chocolate martini, that certainly does me in.

So our new medicine cabinet is scheduled to arrive tomorrow sometime. Bill has also found someone that can fill in the hole with tile and install the medicine cabinet and replace the sink. If he tiles most likely he will have to wait a day for the tile to set. But certainly he can swap out the sinks.

Stay warm,

Kathy

I recently embarked on a "health kick" and while things are going quite well now, I need a support group to help keep me on the straight and narrow.

I totally quit drinking alcohol and that seems to have made a positive difference in the texture of my skin. I only drink peppermint tea and Perrier with lots of ice and a few drops of bitters, and I really drink a lot of that. The bitters are supposed to be good for your digestion.

I have been trying to get in three ten minute session on my Simply Fit board every day. I like the board because I can do it any time and can easily control my heart rate while I exercise. I listen To audiobooks while I exercise which makes it interesting. I also listen to audiobooks while I drive, and cook, and while I clean.

So if this is a busy, supportive group, with lots of activity, I would like to join.

Punki, nice to see you back and on a good weight loss plan. I know both Sharon, and I go to WW each week to weigh-in. Sharon is doing much better than I but she is actually loosing too much. For me I gain 1 week and loose the next. I am trying to just stay on course and loose and not gain.

Kathy

I was a Weight Watchers lecturer for many years and it is a truly excellent program. I don't go to classes now, but I am pretty much following the old program, except I have two eggs and a piece of dry wheat toast everyday for breakfast. I think on the original program we were restricted to five a week, but since I don't have cholesterol issues, I am not concerned. Anyway, WW really worked well for me. So well that I actually got too thin back in the day when I was perfect for several years. Being a lecturer made it easy to stay on program.

It has been amazingly easy to do without wine and I really like wine.

I have been pretty ill for the past year or so so getting back into exercise is something of a challenge,which is why I am only doing three 10-minute sets a day. I am hoping it wo 't be long before I work up to two 15 minute sets.

My birthday is June 8th, which is my target date. I think I can talk myself into being perfect until then, but having support helps a lot.

It's bright and sunny here today but I couldn't talk my husband I to washing the outside windows of our sitting room. He says it's too cold and promised faithfully yo do it next Wednesday when it is supposed to warm. We got a new TV and dresser in our bedroom so I am getting into serious cleaning mode for our entire suite. It's wonderful to have five extra new dresser drawers (in the stand) so I have lots of place to put to stuff that

I had lying around making a mess.

Time to go do a Simoly Fit set. Thanks for your support.

Punki, I have been downsizing so instead of looking for more places to put things I am trying to get rid of them. Some things are easier to send away to GoodWill or other places than some other things. Have been working on it for a while now. Don't want to leave a burden of stuff for my granddaughter if something happens to me.

Kind of holding my own in the weight department. Up or down only a tenth, now find my cholesterol is high so trying to watch that. Already on meds so has to be diet if I am to get it under control.

Kathy, going to meet the girls tonight, just heard they are having spaghetti and garlic bread. Good thing i didn't eat dinner yet.

Heard from the dr. only thing she is concerned about is the cholesterol so guess I don't have to worry about the other 2 things that were out of range in the blood test.

How is your leg doing?

Sharon

It's really hard for me to give clothes away when I am fat. I always think they will look really good on me when I get thin again, so I will hold off until they are too big and then decide.

At the moment losing is going very well. You know how it is when you are on a roll. It's just getting there that is the struggle. Since I am doing well now, I am doing everything in my power to stay in the groove.

I think I may have pushed the exercise a little too much earlier in the week because today my first set on the Simply Fit Board was painful. I decided to give my lower body a bit of a rest for today and did some arm curls instead. I may be too old to get rid of all of the jiggle but I'll keep trying. We go to a lot of formal affairs and I would like to be able to wear scrappy gowns for a while longer.

How much weight do the rest of you want to lose? I would love to lose thirty pounds. I figure that if I am perfect, I should be able to make it by my birthday, or at least that's the way it used to work when I was younger.

We'll see how it goes.

Sharon, good that you went out last night and having a good spaghetti dinner as well. We had our police academy class last night and we got home very late like 10:30 as after class Bill saw his lieutenant to file a report on a person who assaulted him while crossing kids last week. They said sometimes the only thing people understand is when they get hit in the pocketbook.

We have this huge lake across the street from us as it is a part of the country club. When we had that last cold spell it froze solid and all of the ice fisherman cannot wait to go out there to do ice fishing. Once it had thawed we thought it would not freeze up again. But sure enough with this latest cold snap it is freezing up once again. So perhaps by weeks end they will be out there once again.

As far as my leg goes, it is not hurting as bad as it was. But a huge black and blue bruise and that will take a few weeks to heal up completely.

So the medicine cabinet was delivered yesterday morning. It came in this huge wooden crate. Bill really had a time getting it all unpacked. So we found this guy and he is coming tomorrow morning to install it. Then he will swap out the sinks as well. This has been a real money costing event for me breaking the other 1.

Kathy

It's really hard for me to give clothes away when I am fat. I always think they will look really good on me when I get thin again, so I will hold off until they are too big and then decide.

At the moment losing is going very well. You know how it is when you are on a roll. It's just getting there that is the struggle. Since I am doing well now, I am doing everything in my power to stay in the groove.

I think I may have pushed the exercise a little too much earlier in the week because today my first set on the Simply Fit Board was painful. I decided to give my lower body a bit of a rest for today and did some arm curls instead. I may be too old to get rid of all of the jiggle but I'll keep trying. We go to a lot of formal affairs and I would like to be able to wear scrappy gowns for a while longer.

How much weight do the rest of you want to lose? I would love to lose thirty pounds. I figure that if I am perfect, I should be able to make it by my birthday, or at least that's the way it used to work when I was younger.

���� We'll see how it goes.

Punki, as for me ideally I would love to loose about 25 pounds. I would get my lifetime status back once again. As you well know stress can play a major part in the weight loss game. Since I have this real jerk boss, he is the one who majorly stress out my time. As far as Sharon, she has lost too much weight as she has had much stress in her like as well. She is trying to put weight back on and that is something we rarely talk about around here.

Sometimes you just have to give your body a rest. You went a bit too far and now you just have to start all over and build up once again. But rest is the most important thing when exercising.

Certainly with you being a past instructor with WW you know all too well what needs to be done to get to your goal weight once again.

Kathy

Kathy, saw the Lake Geneva Police has prohibited parking on the lake for this years Winterfest. After that fiasco when all the cars fell in, its a good policy not to let them park there anymore. There are still fisherman that drive their trucks out there while fishing and with this cold spell again the edges of the lake are freezing too.

I have been letting my pet sitters dog out the last couple of days so tonight they are taking me out to eat. I told them it certainly wasn't necessary as I like their dog but they insisted. I'll see if they will let me pay for my dinner.

Will be nice to get your bathroom back in order I bet.

I was down another pound this morning, even after eating the spaghetti and garlic bread.

It is so terribly cold today and that wind just goes right through you!

Punki, that is a pretty large amount of weight to lose, maybe just have a five pound goal and when you reach it, try for another 5. You will have the satisfaction of reaching your goal and maybe help you to stay on track.

Sharon

Sharon, I do remember all of the cars that fell into the lake last year. For our lake there are no cars at all on the lake only tents and ice houses for the fisherman to fish from. I would think it would be totally stupid to drive any type of vehicle into a lake. Except for Minnesota. The ice is so thick they drive complete trailers and live like that all winter.

I would not worry about dinner for tonight. They are just showing you their appreciation for what you had done for them. Besides it is a good excuse to just get together and have some good conversation and company. It was also good for you to see their dog for good company.

I totally agree about our changing weather. This morning was the high around here for today at 32. Now it has dipped down to the low 20's and single digits for tonight. I guess we will just have to wait and see about measurable snow for over the weekend. But with this wind today it made it fee much colder.

It will be good to get our bathroom back to normal. This is a commercial grade cabinet and with LED lighting it should last a lifetime. It certainly has much more storage than the other 1. I just hope all goes well for the install tomorrow. I should be surprised once I get home tomorrow.

Kathy

LOL. I don't want to lose 5 pounds, I want to lose 30. As long as I am on a roll, I had best make the most of it. Having been aware of my body and my weight for the past 60 years, I understand it pretty well and it is now telling me that this is the time to do it.

I have also been in a crazy cleaning phase--emptying out an cleaning drawers that haven't been dumped out and reorganized in a decade. It feels really good. I even went through one hanging rod in my closets today and thought about what I could give away and came up with exactly nothing. That will have to wait u til I have lost at least ten pounds and things start getting too big. Of course, there are a lot of clothes in my closet that I won't fit into for another 10 or fifteen pounds. 😉😉

I started a "My Fitness Pal" diary today. Does anybody else do that? I got pretty close. My daily caloric goal is 1,200 and I hit 1,273. Close enough. Once I enter all of the foods I normally eat, it should become pretty fast and easy.

Are there any other people beside Kathy and Sharon on this thread?

LOL. I don't want to lose 5 pounds, I want to lose 30. As long as I am on a roll, I had best make the most of it. Having been aware of my body and my weight for the past 60 years, I understand it pretty well and it is now telling me that this is the time to do it.

I have also been in a crazy cleaning phase--emptying out an cleaning drawers that haven't been dumped out and reorganized in a decade. It feels really good. I even went through one hanging rod in my closets today and thought about what I could give away and came up with exactly nothing. That will have to wait u til I have lost at least ten pounds and things start getting too big. Of course, there are a lot of clothes in my closet that I won't fit into for another 10 or fifteen pounds. 😉😉

I started a "My Fitness Pal" diary today. Does anybody else do that? I got pretty close. My daily caloric goal is 1,200 and I hit 1,273. Close enough. Once I enter all of the foods I normally eat, it should become pretty fast and easy.

Are there any other people beside Kathy and Sharon on this thread?

Punki, over the years we have had some folks drop in for awhile. But basically it has just been Sharon and myself as regulars.

We all know what it is like with cloths hanging in our closets. God knows I need to go through things, but not just yet. Winter really has a good hold on us here. All of your goals do sound realistic. You just have to do it little by little.

Kathy