Pizza!

chach123

This is really silly, but I'll clarify just in case you didn't get it:

NEW YORK pizza and ITALIAN/ROMAN pizza are subsets of the PIZZA family. Therefore, they are both considered "real pizza". However, there are multiple subsets of "real pizza" which feature different ratios, doughs, and toppings.

But I really don't want to get into a discussion about this.

Neither do I. I'll leave you with a History of Pizza and U.S. Pizza is a late comer (not until the 19th century) and descendant of the original.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_pizza

Neither do I. I'll leave you with a History of Pizza and U.S. Pizza is a late comer (not until the 19th century) and descendant of the original.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_pizza

Looks like anything that satisfies the following criteria is "real pizza":

pizza is an oven-baked, flat, disc-shaped bread typically topped with a tomato sauce, cheese and various toppings.

I believe both Italian and New York pizza fall under that category.

Now, back to talking about cruising! :D

Now that we have the real pizza/NY pizza debate figured out, does anyone have an answer re: whether calzones can be custom made with your own fillings?

+1 on the Real/NY pizza debate.

(wonders where the chicaigoans are at :D)

Call me what you want.....drunk/stupid/$#!#%^^^##...

But, I'm still LMAO over the "dye" comment.

From, DW, "Why are you laughing?" I explain to her....And she actually got it this time! (shhh, private joke)

As for the Pizza.....I'm not from the NY area, was there for two days a couple of years back for a cruise...could not find a pizza place! Doh!

I'm not from any other place that is "famous" for pizza...Born in SW and now live in Denver.

But, do like my pizza. Best pizza I have had by far was a family owned place in Durango Colorado. Do not remember the name, but they served pizza, Calzone, spaghetti and it was exceptional.:D (pardon the sp)

CCL's pizza, yes it's hit or miss. HOWEVER, really famished, late night or a quick snack....it's da bomb! May the garlic breath keep the Vamps away!

I know that several CCL's ships now have a "burrito" bar. While I love burritos, being from the southwest and all, they can be "good":p but would I rate them with the best compared to the SW?

Absolutely! It's all included, I'm on vacation and life doesn't get any better than this!!:D

I think I read somewhere that you can get premade salads at the pizza place too. Is that correct? 24/7?

Often not pre-made, so perhaps made to order, but you can get Caesar Salad with or without chicken 24/7. Be sure to ask for some garlic bread with (if desired). It will take about 10 minutes for the garlic bread.

What kind of pizza is there on the ships?? Is there plain ol cheese and pepperoni?? Can you build your own with different toppings? Thanks!!

The standard menu:

DSC_3290.JPG

If you want a custom pie and they have the ingredients, you'll have to take the whole pizza - oh well.

After walking the wall in the morning in Dubrovnik a couple of weeks ago, and before our cable car ride, I decided to make up for missing breakfast and have pizza brunch. I snagged some bacon from bacon police, some delicious thin crust pepperoni pizza, tossed some extra Parmesan cheese on top, and then the bacon. To make sure my sodium levels weren't low after the walk, added a couple of pickles on the side!

It was odd, amazing, and delicious, all at the same time!

DSC_0541.JPG

DSC_0543.JPG

Often not pre-made, so perhaps made to order, but you can get Caesar Salad with or without chicken 24/7. Be sure to ask for some garlic bread with (if desired). It will take about 10 minutes for the garlic bread.

I know this has nothing to do with pizza, but me and the hubby LOVE the ceasar (sp) salads. The have caesar salads on the room service menu as well and you can order them with either chicken or salmon. OH EM GEE, the salmon caesar salad on the room service are to die for! (to me anyway) :) I've only seen them with salmon on the room service menu though.

The standard menu:

DSC_3290.JPG

If you want a custom pie and they have the ingredients, you'll have to take the whole pizza - oh well.

After walking the wall in the morning in Dubrovnik a couple of weeks ago, and before our cable car ride, I decided to make up for missing breakfast and have pizza brunch. I snagged some bacon from bacon police, some delicious thin crust pepperoni pizza, tossed some extra Parmesan cheese on top, and then the bacon. To make sure my sodium levels weren't low after the walk, added a couple of pickles on the side!

It was odd, amazing, and delicious, all at the same time!

DSC_0541.JPG

DSC_0543.JPG

Those look amazing, the only thing that they're missing is some jelly beans.

Food is subjective at best. The pizza on Carnival is very good. So are the calzones.

Subjective? Really? Two apples, one is ripe, the other is over ripe, starting to rot. Which is the better apple? Which one would buy?

The pizza is terrible, that is not subjective, it is a fact. It used to be pretty good until about 5 years ago.While people can argue about Ny pizza vs Chicago vs from Italy, but one thing thy will all agree on is that good pizza should have REAL CHEESE!

I don't know if the cheese CCL uses is 100% imitation or a fake cheese/mozzarella blend (pizza topping?) but ever since the change, the "cheese" doesn't string like real cheese when hot and pulled, and when it sits, the oil from the cheese substitute seperates and pools to the top of the pizza, just like your cheapest pizzas (Little Ceasers, cheap frozen pizza).

If you are used to eating cheap pizza with fake cheese, I can see how you'd like the carnival pizza.

Subjective? Really? Two apples, one is ripe, the other is over ripe, starting to rot. Which is the better apple? Which one would buy?

The pizza is terrible, that is not subjective, it is a fact. It used to be pretty good until about 5 years ago.While people can argue about Ny pizza vs Chicago vs from Italy, but one thing thy will all agree on is that good pizza should have REAL CHEESE!

I don't know if the cheese CCL uses is 100% imitation or a fake cheese/mozzarella blend (pizza topping?) but ever since the change, the "cheese" doesn't string like real cheese when hot and pulled, and when it sits, the oil from the cheese substitute seperates and pools to the top of the pizza, just like your cheapest pizzas (Little Ceasers, cheap frozen pizza).

If you are used to eating cheap pizza with fake cheese, I can see how you'd like the carnival pizza.

Baloney. Carnival has responded to your false accusations more times than they should and they use real cheese. End of story.

Regular or unleaded?

41zEcYHO4pL._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-4,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg

oh man! i'd take down a wounded gazelle for a bag of those! Russell Stover has done an excellent job at putting out fairly decent SF chocolates. I can imagine they did a bang up job on their jellybeans as well.

Now that we have the real pizza/NY pizza debate figured out, does anyone have an answer re: whether calzones can be custom made with your own fillings?

No, they only come with a mix of pepperoni, cheese, sauce, salami, and sausage. It has the potential of giving you a heart attack while having a heart attack, but it's SO good!

It may be good to you, because it appears you aren't from NY. ;)

Sorry, upstate NY is not NY!;)

Baloney. Carnival has responded to your false accusations more times than they should and they use real cheese. End of story.

Amen! silly,silly,silly unfounded rumour!

I still am amazed at how bad overall the pizza is on Carnival. Good pizza is not hard to make, and is not expensive, with all the workers they hire from all over the world, they could get people that make GREAT pizza.

I know people will say it is real pizza from Italy, and that would be fine, if it tasted good.

The pizza is not great, regardless of what city you are from. 8 out of 10 compared to most frozen pizzas. 1 out of 10 compared to any fresh restaurants. Tasteless dough and very low grade cheese but at 3am it is a good alcohol absorber.

I guess we could all argue back and forth whether or not the pizza is good, just ok, or terrible, but I think who ever said it was subjective is right. To those who like it, it is good, to those who hate it, it's terrible. And to the person who said there was little or no cheese on the pizza making it not very good to them; that must be why I like it. I dont like pizza that is loaded down with a pound of melted oily cheese, and that is just my taste. So to each their own. JMHO.:)

Archived