Talking books available on QV?

Algorfa4me

Hello All, what a lovely forum I am so glad I found you. My Mum uses talking books as she has poor eyesight, does anyone know if talking books CD or casette are available from the library on board or should she make sure she has her own.

Also any tips as we have a guaranteed A4 cabin, haven't been given a cabin number yet, will be know it before we board?

Thanks

Sue

Hello All, what a lovely forum I am so glad I found you. My Mum uses talking books as she has poor eyesight, does anyone know if talking books CD or casette are available from the library on board or should she make sure she has her own.

Also any tips as we have a guaranteed A4 cabin, haven't been given a cabin number yet, will be know it before we board?

Thanks

Sue

Hi Sue

I don't think that they have talking books on board although nothing would surprise me. I use www.audible.com or .co.uk and download them from there onto an Ipod and they are great. Re the cabin, you will have a minimum of an A4 and hopefully get an upgrade to a "better" one. You may get this news at any time up to checking in. I suggest that you look at your Cruise Personaliser on the Cunard site from about 6 weeks prior to departure and the info may/will appear there.

Thank you Capn, I'll tell my Mum to take her own books, I haven't quite got her into an ipod yet!:)

I'll look on our personaliser and see if we have been allocated a cabin a number if not wait until we board.

Sue

:)

In fact the library on the QV does indeed have a whole cabinet of talking books (on CD). I noted that fact as I will be traveling in November with a pal who has sight problems and relys on talking books.

I cannot remember titles specifically, but I remember being impressed at the time with the collection. Your mum will have a good selection.

Enjoy your cruise.

Mike.

Sue, my pal Tom has not yet been on QV. November will be the first. He has sailed with us on QM2 three times. We make sure he gets to his suite, and knows where every thing is, including his life preserver. We collect him and his life preserver and take him to the assembly station a few minutes before the drill, so he is not swept up in a crowd of people.

We make it a point of going to the suite to get him for meals. He has some vision, and usually can locate the vicinity of his room by the color of the art on the walls of the passage way. He has a good sense of color, and puts two yellow and red dots on his door handle. They are the stick on kind you get at the stationary store, that lets him know its his room so he is not putting his door key in the wrong handle.

We also make sure he knows where we are, so that should anything come up he can find our suite. The QM2 has different colored carpet in the area of the lifts, so he finds the color of carpet, and counts doorways.

With a little advance planning we travel easily with him, and he thoroughly loves getting out and about.

Cheers Mike

Thanks Mike, I'm normally with my Mum all the time so she doesn't have to remember her way around, we traveled with my aunt on the QE2 and both her and my Mum decided to make their own way back to the cabin and then come back to me.......an hour later they finally found me!

Sue

Archived