WOW... Upgrade from Mini Suite to PH Suite

Janet Foster

The upgrade fairy just called me. We had four mini-suites in a row booked on the Golden next week and they just upgraded and moved us all to PentHouse Suites all in a row... I think I am still in shock..:eek::eek:

Why couldn't they have done that to us last week? We had five mini-suites in a row on the Golden, we would have been happy to take five PH suites in a row.:D Sure hope you enjoy!

Four minis in a row all upgraded to PH suites? That has to be the most remarkable upgrade I have ever hear of or read about. Congratulations to all of you!

I've been searching the boards learning about the "Suite Perks". We sure didn't expect anything like this... Your information has been valuable.. thank you.. I don't know if this will EVER happen again and we sure don't want to miss anything.. Thanks again!

To the OP... That is one heck of an upgrade! You will have a fantastic cruise!

To Azdmelani, one of our co-cruisers had a BF guarantee on the Golden on our cruise to Hawaii, and he was upgraded (kind of) to a BA balcony on Lido deck, which is pretty good... Not quite as good as a full suite, but... nonetheless, he did get a great cabin. As for me, I also booked a BF Guarantee, but still waiting for my assignment... Which is kind of strange... You would think that they would have assigned both at the same time... :(

Hey, I will take any upgrade! 83 days out and no assignment yet. My motto is the later the better ;) Good luck with your assignment!

• 3 months later...

Our cruise in next month on Golden to Hawaii. We have an Emerald Mini and just got an offer for a suite - but they want us to pay $699. per person. Am thinking of calling and telling them we will take our "do not upgradge" off our mini and will take the upgrade for free? Think they will do it?

Congratulations on the great upgrade! DH and I were in a suite on our first cruise and it spoiled us for any other cruise we take. We didn't take advantage of breakfast at Sabatini's and I wish that we had.

The best upgade(so far) that we have had was a mini suite from a balcony. They upgraded all three cabins to mini's. Here's hoping that the upgrade fairy visits us on our next cruise.

Enjoy your cruise and your suite.

Ruth

Our cruise in next month on Golden to Hawaii. We have an Emerald Mini and just got an offer for a suite - but they want us to pay $699. per person. Am thinking of calling and telling them we will take our "do not upgradge" off our mini and will take the upgrade for free? Think they will do it?

Doesn't sound nearly as enticing as the upgrade the OP talked about in this post back in June.

Oh dear .Now the upgrade Fairy has gone to the "Dark Side":eek::eek::eek: Glad to see you still have a sense of humour. Make that call;)

Oh dear Looks like the Upgrade Fairy has fallen on hard times:eek::eek::eek:Show them you have a sense of humour make that phone call:):)

Does not sound nearly as great as the offer the original OP (back in June) received.

Oh dear Looks like the Upgrade Fairy has fallen on hard times:eek::eek::eek:Show them you have a sense of humour make that phone call:):)

Doesn't sound nearly as enticing as the upgrade the OP talked about in this post back in June.

Does not sound nearly as great as the offer the original OP (back in June) received.

:D I agree with you recyclelady . . . I'm sure Janet Foster and her group enjoyed their upgrades back in June, FOUR MONTHS AGO! :D

The upgrade fairy just called me. We had four mini-suites in a row booked on the Golden next week and they just upgraded and moved us all to PentHouse Suites all in a row... I think I am still in shock..:eek::eek:

Thanks everyone...

All I did to get this was answer the phone.. LOL... It is really important for us all to be in a row because we like to party and visit... so when she offered to move us to PH Suites in a row I was just shocked... Still am..

My poor husband.. you know what this means on future cruises..??

This makes sense to me. Upgrade fairy had four PH suites she had to dispose of and realized she could do so very efficiently with just one phone call to you. :D

They did that for us, but our upgrade was only $299 per person. Same deal...from an Emerald Mini to a Penthouse suite. I thought it was a great deal. I'm not sure I'd feel the same way about $699. Just to give you something else to consider...the Penthouse suite on the Golden had a pillowtop mattress. Best sleep I've had on Princess cruise.

Archived