When are the school holidays in Europe (or in the States or UK, for that matter)?

BWP

Hi, we're doing a 12 night Med/Venice cruise in July, and I'm wondering if the rest of Europe/States/UK will be having school holidays over that period of time? Trying to determine how busy all the ports will be - and if there will be many children on our cruise (Brilliance of the Seas).

Does anyone know?

For the record, we are travelling from Cape Town, South Africa, where the schools all close for 3 weeks holiday during July... and we will therefore be cruising with our three small children, 17mnths, 6 & 7 yrs old :eek:

Most school age kids in the states are off early June to late August. However, it sounds to me like most people in the US with kids opt for the Caribbean over the Mediterranean.

Hi, we're doing a 12 night Med/Venice cruise in July, and I'm wondering if the rest of Europe/States/UK will be having school holidays over that period of time? Trying to determine how busy all the ports will be - and if there will be many children on our cruise (Brilliance of the Seas).

Does anyone know?

For the record, we are travelling from Cape Town, South Africa, where the schools all close for 3 weeks holiday during July... and we will therefore be cruising with our three small children, 17mnths, 6 & 7 yrs old :eek:

The Mediterranean is very popular in the summer. There will be lots of tourists in port and lots of families and there will be lots of kids on the syips as well.

If you want less kids and less tourists March and April and late September and October are nice months to visit.

Keith

Thanks for the feedback, sounds as if quite a few schools will be closed, so I guess things are going to be busy... At least Adventure Ocean should be a hit!

In my part of Canada schools end June 23 and are back after labour day.(early Sept) . When we lived in Ireland school went until June 30, but until July 18 in the UK. We travelled the UK while the kids there were still in school, less busy but some things hadn't switched to summer hours and some kids activity places stated that there could be a lot of school bookings there.

Archived