All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

Yes, you can get chili dogs at Johnny Rockets on deck 12.

Eric

Thanks Eric! I new I'd get a quick answer here. My parents have sailed previously with Celebrity and although Celebrity and RCL are under the same ownership there still are some differences. I was hoping they didn't get too spoiled on the Celebrity ships. I don't think they'll be dissappointed on EOS however, it's a big, wonderful ship. Now I know mom can get chili-dogs and we all can sleep at night.:eek::):D

I also recall that there were chili dogs in the Windjammer during the late afternoon snack time (maybe 4-6p?). Actually, I really liked the selection at the WJ during the snack time. We always eat at the late dinner and we enjoyed having a little something around 5 to tide us over (because we sure wouldn't ever want to feel hungry on a cruise:D)

Thanks jeh4554, I will also keep an eye out at the Windjammer for chili-dogs. Come to think of it, I might join Mom for a chili-dog

, I like em' too.

When getting back on the ship in Bermuda.. do you need your passport or is a drivers license accepted?

I know we need our seapass but I really don't want to bring my passport ashore.

Drivers license is fine.

:)

Remember there is a $4.95pp charge for Johnny Rocket's. I'm pretty sure they had chili every afternoon in WJ.

Hi marci22, I know about the small fee at Johnny Rocket's and we'll probably go there a couple of times. Lets just hope the buffet holds up there end of the chili-dog deal. If not, Mom does not drink or splurge on spa treatments so the $4.95 may be worth it since I doubt she'll be running up her ship account on other things. Dad already said he'll be getting a cappuchino everyday anyhow.:)

So they won't deny me back on because I don't have my passport?

We just got back a few weeks ago from the 9 night Bermuda/Caribbean cruise and we never brought our passports with us when we got off the ship, just our driver's license. :)

Enjoy your cruise, I wish we were going again! :D

Question about St. Thomas. Does anyone know if the ship stays on ships time or if it goes to local time? I am booking an excursion and according to them the scheduled excursion time of 1pm to 5pm local will work with our 8-5 time for ship:confused: Any one have any experience? Guess I'll have the same question about St. Maarten:confused:

Question about St. Thomas. Does anyone know if the ship stays on ships time or if it goes to local time? I am booking an excursion and according to them the scheduled excursion time of 1pm to 5pm local will work with our 8-5 time for ship:confused: Any one have any experience? Guess I'll have the same question about St. Maarten:confused:

On the 9-day, we changed the clocks twice. We turned the clocks forward 1 hour on the way to Bermuda and then after Bermuda we changed them back 1 hour. So, the ship should be on Eastern time when you are in St. Thomas.

RCI just posted excursion choices for our holiday week cruise in December. Little stuck on the CoCoCay selections: They offer lanyards and lockers as choices (along with snorkel and flotation stuff). Are these something you should plan to rent? Are the lanyards just keepsake things or of some design that is actually useful? Are the lockers centrally located? Can't you just leave your bags on a chair? Will we need to change clothes on the island?

Guess I just can't visualize how this private beach set up works. This EOS trip will be our first to stop at a private island.

Any advice will be helpful as I do like to preorder all I can to avoid waiting in lines. Thanks.

RCI just posted excursion choices for our holiday week cruise in December. Little stuck on the CoCoCay selections: They offer lanyards and lockers as choices (along with snorkel and flotation stuff). Are these something you should plan to rent? Are the lanyards just keepsake things or of some design that is actually useful? Are the lockers centrally located? Can't you just leave your bags on a chair? Will we need to change clothes on the island?

Guess I just can't visualize how this private beach set up works. This EOS trip will be our first to stop at a private island.

Any advice will be helpful as I do like to preorder all I can to avoid waiting in lines. Thanks.

I love the private island days...........you don't need to change.........it's basically a beach day. Go in your bathing suit and get back on the ship with your bathing suit. There is no one else on the island except the people from your ship unless there's another RCCL ship there that day, but I have never experienced more than one ship there on any of our cruises. CocoCay does have a few outside shops that sell souveneers, clothing, coverups, shirts, etc. so if you want to buy something, bring money. They will have a BBQ set up for lunch and it's usually in a few different areas so it's not crowded.......the food is from the ship and if you want an alcoholic beverage you use your ship card. There is a walking trail that is nice too. We bring our own snorkel equipment but you can rent them there if you don't have any. You can also rent those large blue floating mats for the day - we only did that a couple times on Labadee. Lounge chairs are free. Enjoy your day there!

On the 9-day, we changed the clocks twice. We turned the clocks forward 1 hour on the way to Bermuda and then after Bermuda we changed them back 1 hour. So, the ship should be on Eastern time when you are in St. Thomas.

We experienced the very same in May of this year.

Tim

I hate to post in two places, but i wont start another thread here.

Does anyone have any details on Poker on Explorer? Live table or electronic? What are the blinds 1/2 or 2/5? And what are the minimum and maximum buy ins? Thanks.

I searched, but all of the threads pertaining to this have answers that go both ways.

Edited by Foyt20

I hate to post in two places, but i wont start another thread here.

Does anyone have any details on Poker on Explorer? Live table or electronic? What are the blinds 1/2 or 2/5? And what are the minimum and maximum buy ins? Thanks.

I searched, but all of the threads pertaining to this have answers that go both ways.

They have one table, live dealer. Hit or miss, some nights it was active, others not a single player.

Blinds are one two. Not sure about the buy ins, some bought in for 50, some bought in for 200.

It is no limit.