All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

I had read on another thread that there are flavored waters to drink in the Windjammer. Is this true on the Explorer or is it just on the Oasis class? Also, are they sweet or diet and are they just still or sparkling? Thanks.

They are available on the Explorer. The flavored waters are diet and not fizzy.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

For any of you going to Bermuda, coke rewards has OBC you can buy with you coke rewards. I got excited for a minute then realized it was for bermuda sailing only. They are a good deal too!

TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Onboard credit offer is applicable on any Bermuda sailings, 6 nights or longer, departing in 2012. Cruise must be booked March 1, 2012 - May 31, 2012. One onboard credit amount ($25 or $50) per stateroom. Onboard credit will be applied to reservation prior to departure date. Singles paying 200% qualify for full onboard credit amount. Onboard credit has no cash value, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the last evening of the cruise. Offer is combinable with LAF and restricted rates (Seniors, Residents, Military). Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Interline, Travel Agent, and Net Rates, Crown & Anchor Discounts, Shareholder Benefits or Next Cruise offers, promotions, or benefits. Offer is only available to residents of the United States and Canada. Onboard credit is in US dollars. Single occupancy guests paying 200% cruise fare qualify for onboard credit. Itineraries and prices are subject to change without notice. Government taxes and fees are additional. Offer is subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time. Certain restrictions may apply.

http://www.mycokerewards.com/catalog/travel-N38?sorts=MP&itemsPerPage=1000

Hi Everyone ~ New to the boards and wow are they informative! We are sailing Explorer Feb 2013( so far away ! ). We first sailed Royal on the Monarch 16 years ago were DH proposed to me :). Anyway ,we are looking forward to this cruise with our 14 yo daughter. Ive got sooo many questions but Ill take it slow ..hahaa!

Does anyone know if they offer any mother / daughter spa packages? Nails , massages etc ?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Everyone ~ New to the boards and wow are they informative! We are sailing Explorer Feb 2013( so far away ! ). We first sailed Royal on the Monarch 16 years ago were DH proposed to me :). Anyway ,we are looking forward to this cruise with our 14 yo daughter. Ive got sooo many questions but Ill take it slow ..hahaa!

Does anyone know if they offer any mother / daughter spa packages? Nails , massages etc ?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! You'll love the Explorer, so much to do and a great crew. As far as spa packages go, they don't have mother/daughter packages but they do have specials when the ship is in port. I wou

D avoid the spa on the days when there is a formal night as the spas get very busy. I'm sure you'll have loads of ?'s and there's always someone here to answer.

can anyone tell me they have replaced the older tv's with new flat screens in all the cabins, also have hearing the MD room food is lacking , any recent EOS passengers have any food updates or pic's of the ship, hopefully some from the Bermuda this week will post??!!!:confused:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Onboard credit offer is applicable on any Bermuda sailings, 6 nights or longer, departing in 2012. Cruise must be booked March 1, 2012 - May 31, 2012. One onboard credit amount ($25 or $50) per stateroom. Onboard credit will be applied to reservation prior to departure date. Singles paying 200% qualify for full onboard credit amount. Onboard credit has no cash value, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the last evening of the cruise. Offer is combinable with LAF and restricted rates (Seniors, Residents, Military). Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Interline, Travel Agent, and Net Rates, Crown & Anchor Discounts, Shareholder Benefits or Next Cruise offers, promotions, or benefits. Offer is only available to residents of the United States and Canada. Onboard credit is in US dollars. Single occupancy guests paying 200% cruise fare qualify for onboard credit. Itineraries and prices are subject to change without notice. Government taxes and fees are additional. Offer is subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time. Certain restrictions may apply.

http://www.mycokerewards.com/catalog/travel-N38?sorts=MP&itemsPerPage=1000

We are on an RCC sailing to Bermuda. What do we have to do to get this credit? Just sign up? Thanks!

We are on an RCC sailing to Bermuda. What do we have to do to get this credit? Just sign up? Thanks!

You need to enter codes from Coke products and build up enough points to cash in the points for the reward.

can anyone tell me they have replaced the older tv's with new flat screens in all the cabins, also have hearing the MD room food is lacking , any recent EOS passengers have any food updates or pic's of the ship, hopefully some from the Bermuda this week will post??!!!:confused:

Just got back 1 week ago and they still have the old tvs in some of the cabins. We were in an inside and we didn't have a flat screen but it didn't matter because we aren't in our cabin very much. As far as the food, we found ourselves eating a little more often in the WJ for our dinner because we didn't like what was on the MDR menu on certain nights. In the WJ they have a stir fry section where you select what you want, they cook it right in front of you and it was delish! We were on an 11 nighter so we just split it up and did 4 nights MDR, 1 night Portofinos, 6 nights WJ. One thing I usually look forward to was the chilled soups in the MDR, well they also have it in the WJ. Everyone we talked to raved about Portofinos, but after eating there, I prefer Chops, by far, when we sailed on the Enchantment. There are so many options of food, you will definitely find things you like.

I will be on the 9 nighter in July and was wondering if there are any theme parties at night??

Every time I've sailed her, there's been a Caribbean Night with dancing on the pool deck and a buffet about 11pm. They also do a 70's theme in the Promenade just prior to Quest. I'll be back in June so I can let you know what happens. Oops! One more thing..they do a 60's night with Elvis impersonators.

I had read on another thread that there were flavored waters in the WJ after breakfast. Do they still have these and what flavors were available? Thanks

Yes, they still have them. Not sure what the flavors are but they are very good.

Does anyone have a link or copies of the Cruise Compass's for a 7 day Bermuda cruise on the Explorer. I have seen a couple of links for the 9 day cruises to the Caribbean but no Bermuda links.

Cruising to Bermuda on October 14th.

Hi

We will be cruising on the Oct 14th Bermuda sail also.

Hoping it is a great cruise we have never sailed on EOS before. Good tips on this thread & also on the roll call one for Oct 14th :):):)

I just got back today and there was a strong smell on the 6th floor (near our cabin) for much of the day/evening the day we left Bermuda. They told us they burst a sewage line and then they told my husband they hadn't and he was lying about the problem. Guest relations on this ship are terrible. They routinely gave us incorrect information (like come tomorrow morning to book a babysitter when they were already all booked).

The MDR was great and we loved eating there. Portofino's was good but not outstanding. The kids club isn't great on this ship - the staff are good but the facilities are underwhelming. The pools were nice and the excursions were great. The bars and performers were all first rate. Thanks to whoever recommended the Lemon Drop drink - I loved it!

Overall we had a good trip and would sail Royal Caribbean again but not this ship unless I could afford a deluxe cabin far from the smell!

10-1.gif

we returned 1 week ago from bahamas cruise and the ship was fabulous we had a balcony cabin on deck 10 and had no problems with any smells where ever we went on the ship, the food was excellent and the staff were very friendly we did complain about our cruise transfer from the airport and was given $70 on board credit. Look out for Nester at the windjammer wasi wasi - make sure you sanitise your hands before going in, he was great entertainment and the kids loved him. Kids club entertained my son for the whole cruise and the entertainment was also fairly good, dont miss the ice show that is a must. I would reccomend this ship above the brilliance and adventurer but maybe thats just personal choice.

We're sailing on EOS in September to Bermuda, while we cruise each year to Bermuda this will be the first (DH) on EOS.

I always bring a case of water on carnival or ncl and it is allowed. I check it with my luggage. Can the same be done on EOS ?

I know I sound boring but that's pretty much all I drink. No soda, no iced teac etc.. Can we bring non alcoholic beer onboard ? Holland America is great with that.

We got a GREAT rate for this sailing and we'll be in an inside (so used to balconies) but hey ! I was impressed that RCCL price was lower than NCL to Bermuda. Competition . Works for us . I'm also thrilled RCCL decided to do the 7 night runs to BDA.

I always wanted my DH to see the differrence on a BIG ship and now he will.

I sailed EOS out of Miami about 8 years back and am looking forward to coming back and seeing whats changed. I honestly can't remember much from when I sailed her last.

This is a great thread , glad I found it.

Just got of EOS and friends of ours brought a case of water, they wrapped it in bubble wrap and put a luggage tag on it and it was deliverd to the cabin, with no problem:D

Thanks! We are definitely trying it. If they confiscate it, we are only out 4-5 bucks.

Hi. Just got an email from RCI which advertised the Explorer as "Newly Revitalized" with upgraded staterooms with flat screen tv's and more. They also stated an outdoor poolside LED movie screen.:eek: Anyone seen these upgrades? I know we had a flat screen tv in our room last year.