All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

Anybody know the distance per lap for the jogging track??

Or

How many laps equal a mile??

Next question, anyone know how early in the morning one can use the track? I typically run 13 miles before work and if i'm going around 65 times it will be difficult with people or chairs obstructing my path. Can I do it in the dark?

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Can I do it in the dark?

You can do it in the dark or anytime, 24/7.

They will, for the most part keep it clear of chairs, however, once the day begins, it will become a walkway, but you can still manage to run.

Next question, anyone know how early in the morning one can use the track? I typically run 13 miles before work and if i'm going around 65 times it will be difficult with people or chairs obstructing my path. Can I do it in the dark?

The gym does not open till 7am, so I am out there before the sun comes up as are many others, usually 5:30.

Best time of day on the ship IMO.

thanks...(well...generally it is MY way or NO way!!:D or my cat's way more likely...)

and actually i am far sighted..(in one eye...the other, who knows) .with astigmatism...:eek::cool:

sorry...my sense of humor is rather strange today...must be the frappuccino..and the full moon...and the pollen....

seriously...different ships for different peeps....we should just try to all get along....

Have a great cruise! I see you are leaving tomorow.

The gym does not open till 7am, so I am out there before the sun comes up as are many others, usually 5:30.

Thanks. Since you mentioned there were a lot of others out at that time, how much of a nuisance is it to get around the walkers?

Thanks. Since you mentioned there were a lot of others out at that time, how much of a nuisance is it to get around the walkers?

First, the most exercise I get is bending my elbow tossing beers down.

I am an early riser, 5:00 / 5:30.

There are not a lot of people out on the jogging track before 8:00. Those that are .... most are jogging. Those of us that might be strolling around are very aware of the joggers / runners, and we give you wide bearth, as we believe you are all crazy.:eek:

First, the most exercise I get is bending my elbow tossing beers down.

I am an early riser, 5:00 / 5:30.

There are not a lot of people out on the jogging track before 8:00. Those that are .... most are jogging. Those of us that might be strolling around are very aware of the joggers / runners, and we give you wide bearth, as we believe you are all crazy.:eek:

I confess, I am a drinker with a running problem. My favorite breakfast is scrambled legs and achin'

Thanks for the info and sorry for the bad humor.

we have always our running problems in the m, the people strollling know it is a jogging track as well and stay out of your way, also try i think the out side of deck 4 (under the life boats) that goes all the way around the ship , i think you can access everything ,although if i am wrong , the CC GODS will correct me...:D

Just wondering is cash paid at the slots or a slip of paper? Just wondered our last RCL was cash on Granduer of the Seas but a few years ago. Thanks!

Anything under $400 pays out in COINS :cool:. You take a bucket of your coins, bring it to the cashier, and he then pays you in cash. (Or, if you're like me, you take an empty bucket as a souvenir, so you can leave with something ;).)

Hello to all! Will be on the cruise from May 24 to June 2. Does anybody know where my son can leave the car near the Bayone port around 8 AM for a few hours, so when I leave the ship I will be able to pick it up. Thanks.

Anything under $400 pays out in COINS :cool:. You take a bucket of your coins, bring it to the cashier, and he then pays you in cash. (Or, if you're like me, you take an empty bucket as a souvenir, so you can leave with something ;).)

That is great!! I just don't like the stupid slip of paper they have now in Atlantic City as well as the new places in PA! Glad to hear explorer still has coins!:cool:

Why on the name of God's green earth would someone be up at 5:30 AM while on vacation? I can see if you have to get up at that hour for work, but why continue it on vacation? :confused:

Edited by SNJCruisers

It is a BIG Ship...when I say there are many people out there...I'm talking maybe 12-18 people having their coffee? It's sort of a early am club with the same people every morning. They're not on the track running.

Why on the name of God's green earth would someone be up at 5:30 AM while on vacation? I can see if you have to get up at that hour for work, but why continue it on vacation? :confused:

I'm at my gym every day at 5 am before work...

Why? I have already had one heart attack with a stent placement.

Diabetes, cholesterol, triglycerides all out of whack.

Since then, I have lost 85 lbs, no longer eat things like red meat, exercise everyday.

No longer take any meds, diabetes completely reversed. I am 60 years old and I will go up against anyone 20 years younger.

And I will dance at my Daughter's wedding this coming October.....

But that's another story....not about cruising. Just saying....

Edited by B-52

That is great!! I just don't like the stupid slip of paper they have now in Atlantic City as well as the new places in PA! Glad to hear explorer still has coins!:cool:

When we on the Explorer this past January most of the machines had paper pay out.

Meg, would you know when our ship goes into dry dock and what will be done to her??????. We are booked for her in Mar 2014 back in GS #$!@ that we had not that we had but you know. Thanks Tony.

Hey kelly how are you guys??

Meg, would you know when our ship goes into dry dock and what will be done to her??????. We are booked for her in Mar 2014 back in GS #$!@ that we had not that we had but you know. Thanks Tony.

Dry dock is late Nov. 2014 or late Dec. 2014.

Major work

The folks who fly in from Europe are often up at that hour - It's 10:30 in the UK and 11:30 on the continent.

The folks who fly in from Europe are often up at that hour - It's 10:30 in the UK and 11:30 on the continent.

To each his own. We have woken up on what I'd consider the "early side," e.g., 7ish, a few times before either to get deck chairs or do an early excursion. It is nice to be up and early, but we also like to stay up past 10 p.m. Waking up really early just doesn't feel like vacation IMHO. However, I might try to drag myself out of bed on our four-night Jewel trip and force myself to jog around the track. On our last Explorer cruise, I think I might have swallowed a ten pound weight from the fitness center. :cool:

Hi Tony. We're doing pretty good; planning on booking Explorer again for 11/13.