All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

[quote name='family cruisers']Did you find the MDR to be crowded at the time you ate? We most likely will do the same time frame.[/QUOTE]

We were always seated pretty quick and were out of there in no time. We just can't sit every night for 2+ hours for dinner so this worked out great for us! We had excellent service on the Explorer!

Patty

Thanks Patty!! We can't sit that long either :)[quote name='beachbuddy']We were always seated pretty quick and were out of there in no time. We just can't sit every night for 2+ hours for dinner so this worked out great for us! We had excellent service on the Explorer!

Patty[/quote]

[quote name='jefarl']just wanted to confirm that we each took a full case of 30 bottles of water on board... taped the packaging better and put on a luggage tag... NO PROBLEMS OR QUESTIONS.... DELIVERED TO OUR CABINS WITH THE LUGGAGE...[/QUOTE]

So good to know! Thank you!!

Does anyone know if you can get off of the ship at a specific time or are you stuck with whatever number they give you? Trying to arrange a car service to pick us up but don't know what time to give them. Thanks.

[quote name='jeffreyg63']Does anyone know if you can get off of the ship at a specific time or are you stuck with whatever number they give you? Trying to arrange a car service to pick us up but don't know what time to give them. Thanks.[/quote]

You can request a disembarkation time. If you get a number for a different time, you can go down to customer service and switch it for the time you'd like. Edited by DonnaK

We had a different experience last week. A party we were traveling with tried to change to an earlier time and they couldn't. Emerald and Diamond members were #6. I believe it was the 2nd group called. We were walking in to our assigned area, the Palace, at 8:40 when I asked what number they were on and they already called our group. We were in our car by 9:05! Very easy.

Does anyone remember the Golf Simulator on Explorer working?

I would so like to play a bit on the ship, but I recall it not working when I was on in 08 and in searching the forums, it seems that it is consistently unavailable... What was your experience?

( i did fire offer a question to the C&A staff...)

<rant>
it seem to be a forgotten corner of the lines entertainment package... in reading the forums on the topic, there is very little positive to say... I suppose it is down to not enough people using it, but then, if the system is crap, then maybe that is whay usage is off?... I've seen that kind of corporate mentality before... they submarine an idea with bad support and then cut the program because it isn't doing well... what a surprise... It looks like that is what RCI has done with the golf program... a shame really.. Simulators are well sorted devices... there should be no reason to have problematic systems on their ships.. .anyone.. rant rant for all the good it does... :) I fell better tho!!
</rant>

[quote name='ginrom']We had a different experience last week. A party we were traveling with tried to change to an earlier time and they couldn't. Emerald and Diamond members were #6. I believe it was the 2nd group called. We were walking in to our assigned area, the Palace, at 8:40 when I asked what number they were on and they already called our group. We were in our car by 9:05! Very easy.[/quote]

Really? Usually you can switch, unless they already had too many people for that timeframe.

If someone needs a particular time, they should request it early. I would suggest going to the customer service desk on the 2nd day or so.

[quote name='DonnaK']Really? Usually you can switch, unless they already had too many people for that timeframe.

If someone needs a particular time, they should request it early. I would suggest going to the customer service desk on the 2nd day or so.[/quote]

I asked our cabin attendant if he forgot to leave us the form that we were used to filling out about the time of departure from the ship. He said they changed things about 2 months ago and that passengers were assigned a number depending on your deck unless you were platinum & above. We were on the 9th deck forward and our whole area had number 20. We were assigned #6 because we're emerald.

I remember when they left the colored tags at the guest services area a few years ago.

[quote name='jeffreyg63']Does anyone know if you can get off of the ship at a specific time or are you stuck with whatever number they give you? Trying to arrange a car service to pick us up but don't know what time to give them. Thanks.[/quote]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Play it safe and request 10:00.....if you request 9:00 and don't get off till 9:30, you'll be charged wait time by the car service.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=How'sBartCruisin'?;34519603]Anyone back from Explorer able to tell me about the shows: music, comedy, Maharajas Lounge, parades, 70s night still around that have been aboard recently??? We'll be on her again August 11 on a 5 day to Bermuda and just curious.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

We just returned from the 5niter to Bermuda on 7/5. We attended the Ice Show- "Spirits of the Seasons" (fabulous!), "Fast Forward" show- RCI singers/dancers (very good), saw a little of the Adam Ace comedy show - he's superb!, the parade is held on the Royal Promenade and is simply beautiful but the crowding takes away from what could be really a fabulous showing...Did not see the 70's party but we did attend the Silent Party held in the Chamber-nightclub (super fun). Hope this helps and enjoy your cruise.:)

[quote name='roscoegirl']We just returned from the 5niter to Bermuda on 7/5. We attended the Ice Show- "Spirits of the Seasons" (fabulous!), "Fast Forward" show- RCI singers/dancers (very good), saw a little of the Adam Ace comedy show - he's superb!, the parade is held on the Royal Promenade and is simply beautiful but the crowding takes away from what could be really a fabulous showing...Did not see the 70's party but we did attend the Silent Party held in the Chamber-nightclub (super fun). Hope this helps and enjoy your cruise.:)[/QUOTE]

The 70's party is so much fun, held in the Promenade. They also had a 60's party which I believe was held in the Chamber (we didn't attend). Don't miss Island night on the pool deck.
We loved the Silent Party in the Chamber as well. Have a great cruise.

[quote name='roscoegirl']We just returned from the 5niter to Bermuda on 7/5. We attended the Ice Show- "Spirits of the Seasons" (fabulous!), "Fast Forward" show- RCI singers/dancers (very good), saw a little of the Adam Ace comedy show - he's superb!, the parade is held on the Royal Promenade and is simply beautiful but the crowding takes away from what could be really a fabulous showing...Did not see the 70's party but we did attend the Silent Party held in the Chamber-nightclub (super fun). Hope this helps and enjoy your cruise.:)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=How'sBartCruisin'?;34520705]Thanks guys. I am just trying to see how many differences and similarities between this cruise and last years. :)[/QUOTE]

Not too many differences. The Silent Party is new this year and not to be missed.

[QUOTE=How'sBartCruisin'?;34523461]Do the teenagers still grind up on and dry hump each other in the Chamber even though no one can hear the music but them? :D[/QUOTE]

Hahaha!! I did not see anything like that!!:) My hubby and I got a drink and headphones and enjoyed OURSELVES...lol...I did see a few officers and security pass thru...all seemed to be having a great time...Try it! You might enjoy yourself..something different.;)

[quote name='roscoegirl']Hahaha!! I did not see anything like that!!:) My hubby and I got a drink and headphones and enjoyed OURSELVES...lol...I did see a few officers and security pass thru...all seemed to be having a great time...Try it! You might enjoy yourself..something different.;)[/QUOTE]

I'm sure I will!!! I love to dance...pretty good at it too. :)

I just remember last year, the one night my wife and I went there for an 80s music night. It was all techno music and there was a teenage boy and girl grinding ALL over one another front to back, up and down, if you smell what the Rock is cooking. Good LORD!!! I was sure that she was likely to give birth 9 months later. :D

[QUOTE=How'sBartCruisin'?;34523718]I'm sure I will!!! I love to dance...pretty good at it too. :)

I just remember last year, the one night my wife and I went there for an 80s music night. It was all techno music and there was a teenage boy and girl grinding ALL over one another front to back, up and down, if you smell what the Rock is cooking. Good LORD!!! I was sure that she was likely to give birth 9 months later. :D[/QUOTE]

Fortunately we didn't witness "that" LOL. It really is wild. When you enter the Chamber make sure you look over the railing down to the dance floor BEFORE you go over to get your headsets. It's crazy to see everyone dancing and you can't hear a sound. Hard to explain..just do it. I know you'll have a blast and post about it when you return.