First Timers to Bermuda..suggestions

kuddles14

My DH and I will be in Bermuda June 20 and 21st on the Explorer. We are very excited about this cruise as we had hoped to go to Bermuda for our honeymoon but couldn't. That was 32 years ago, so this is long over due. I have been reading a lot of the threads here and have decided to book a private tour. Did manage to get Colin Jennings. Seems he comes highly recommended.

Is there anything that are "must see/do" or will Colin take care of most of that?

We arrive on Monday June 20th around 9 a.m. and I believe we leave on Tuesday, June 21st around 5 p.m.

So all suggestions are welcomed.

kuddles14,

I agree with Keith. Horseshoe Beach is beautiful. I'm not sure where your ship docks in Bermuda. If it tenders into St. George, Tabacco Bay Beach is great. It's about a 20 minute walk from the tender station. If you will be at the Dockyard, Snorkel Beach is a short walk (a few blocks) from the ship. The three beaches are in different parts of Bermuda. All have bathrooms, food/snacks, and chair rentals. In St. George and Dockyard, the beaches are both in or within a few blocks of historic areas and nice to walk around.

Enjoy your trip.

kuddles14' date='

I agree with Keith. Horseshoe Beach is beautiful. I'm not sure where your ship docks in Bermuda. If it tenders into St. George, Tabacco Bay Beach is great. It's about a 20 minute walk from the tender station. If you will be at the Dockyard, Snorkel Beach is a short walk (a few blocks) from the ship. The three beaches are in different parts of Bermuda. All have bathrooms, food/snacks, and chair rentals. In St. George and Dockyard, the beaches are both in or within a few blocks of historic areas and nice to walk around.

Enjoy your trip.[/quote']

We are docking at the Dockyard. I have booked an excursion with the ship to go to Horeshoe Beach on Tuesday. I know we can do it cheaper on our own, but at the time I booked it there were problems with the transportation system. So, I would rather be safe than sorry since this is our first time to Bermuda. Don't want to leave things to chance, heard too many wonderful things about Horsehoe Beach.

We are docking at the Dockyard. I have booked an excursion with the ship to go to Horeshoe Beach on Tuesday. I know we can do it cheaper on our own, but at the time I booked it there were problems with the transportation system. So, I would rather be safe than sorry since this is our first time to Bermuda. Don't want to leave things to chance, heard too many wonderful things about Horsehoe Beach.

Its only 6.00pp each way by taxi. Go early and beat the crowd. ;)

Archived