ATM near Vatican????

wantocruisemore

I'm trying to determine how much money to get ahead and how much to carry with me. Our Vatican tour with RIL is first morning (day after landing) in Rome. I really don't want to take a large sum around with me all day, especially since we're meeting our RIL guide at the entrance and doing our own transportation.

I would not imagine there are ATM's in Vatican City, but do not know. If not, where is the closest and best ATM that I can use to withdraw the Euros for the payment for our RIL guide?

I've already ordered some Euros ahead since we have to pay our RIL transport and our apartment upon arrival. I figured we will also withdraw from the ATM at the airport. I'm just trying to avoid carrying so much Euros around with me all day to and during Vatican.

I have never seen ATMs in Vatican City. How about if you withdraw the money before you meet your guide at the Vatican and pay them when you first meet them that day? Then your guide is carrying the money all day.

I wouldn't suggest this approach with just any tour service, but I have complete trust in RIL and RomeCabs.

Vatican City is surrounded by the city of Rome with many ATM machines sooo you can just withdraw from one right before you arrive. It is really easy.

I don't know if you have a Visa/Plus or Cirrus/Mastercard

ATM??? For Visa/Plus you can see locations by using this site:

http://visa.via.infonow.net/locator/global/

Just put in Italy and Rome and you'll see tons of them.

There are 3 ATM's in Vatican City. One of them, I believe, is just to the left of basilica as you are facing the main entrance. They are the only ATM's in the world where you can do your banking transaction in Latin! Give it a go!

There are 3 ATM's in Vatican City. One of them, I believe, is just to the left of basilica as you are facing the main entrance. They are the only ATM's in the world where you can do your banking transaction in Latin! Give it a go!

THANKS!!! Actually I had a year of Latin and a couple of years of Ancient Greek in college, but that was many, many years ago and I doubt I will remember much. But it might be fun to just try.

I figured we can ask the RIL guide where the best place to withdraw will be. I really rather not travel the bus with that much cash.

Archived