Liquor carry on (or is it carryon)

parisbully

Dh has said...NO red wine in the suitcase:eek: We carry on our wine, water and his mixer...and I just order a bottle for him thru ships services. The price is really not that bad and we don't have to worry about it being in the suitcase and possibly confiscated....

We've never carried wine/liquor or board since we always fly but this time decided to give a boxed wine a try. I packed it right in the middle of my suitcase and had it buffered with clothes. I had not a single problem. No dents or punctures in the box at all.

A box probably is a good option for those who fly in and go straight to the ship. I believe it's liquid content equals to 3-1/2 bottles of wine.

Unfortunately (or not), we are light drinkers and "cocktail hour" was often spent in the spa facilities or taking a tai chi class. I think between the two of us we only drank one bottle's worth and left the box for the room steward to decide what he wanted to do with it.

Maybe less of a concern. They piled enough weight on my suitcase to bend the rails of the pull-up handle enough that it wouldn't work. I'd bet a box of wine next to it would have been punctured or crushed enough to leak. Better double-bag it in plastic just in case. :)

Bubble wrap works well too! ;)

Fortified wine should be fine too

So I guess Mad Dog, Night Train, and Ripple are cool to bring on.

Can't wait to go to the MDR the first night... and hand the Wine Steward my bottle of "Ripple"! :rolleyes:

Do they have a reduced cookage fee for "Twist Tops?", as there is no "cork"?

Along with Boones Farm Strawberry, Arbor Mist, Mogan David, and Juicy Juice! :D

Better bring an adequate supply as these vintages are hard to come by outside the USA. ;-) ;-) April or May were good months though.!!

Archived