The Love Boat isn't real

Thoth

• 1 month later...
Favorite Love boat?

Mine was when Sandy Duncan adopted Gary Coleman

I don't think I have a favorite Love Boat episode, but perhaps the most memorable one was when Peter Marshall wrote a book on having affairs. Surprise ending !

Season 2, # 15 "second time around, Now marriage, sister Irene "

I don't think season 3 is on DVD yet...may never get it.

What ship did Captain Stubing pilot ? The ISLAND Princess !

Next September I scheduled for Alaska on the ISLAND Princess.

I'll be on THE Love Boat...hey !!!

I so look forward to meetining the Captain, Gopher, Julie, Doc, and everyone's favorite bar-tender Isaac.

What ship did Captain Stubing pilot ? The ISLAND Princess !

Next September I scheduled for Alaska on the ISLAND Princess.

I'll be on THE Love Boat...hey !!!

I so look forward to meetining the Captain, Gopher, Julie, Doc, and everyone's favorite bar-tender Isaac.

Very cool about sailing on the Love Boat to Alaska.. Im rethinking Hawaii and instead doing Alaska again on the Spirit... also in September... I think Alaska has my heart :D

Very cool about sailing on the Love Boat to Alaska.. I'm rethinking Hawaii and instead doing Alaska again on the Spirit... also in September... I think Alaska has my heart :D

I had considered the Carnival Spirit which I thought would be cheaper. Princess was at least $400 cheaper for that mid-week departure.

Originally I had booked the Golden Princess for a weekend round trip from Seattle which would make some really easy air travel from the Southeastern USA, but that plan fell through when there was a job issue. So I had to switch to mid-week cruises which are only one way...North or South.

I'm going Vancouver to Anchorage ( Whitter). Been to Vancouver before and enjoyed sailing under the Lion's Gate Bridge and leaving from Canada Place in the city center. I'm taking Princess's hotel...Four Seasons Downtown.

Never been to Anchorage before so there is a first time for everything. The crazy thing about flying from Anchorage is the *over-night* flight back...YUCK ! What I've done is book my own flights and paid extra for these extra leg-room seats from Anchorage to Seattle...then Seattle to Houston. Sleep !! I'll need sleep and can't sleep when some dip-stick reclines into my lap ( I'm 6'1") I think I can survive a regular seat for the 45 minute flight from Houston to Gulfport/Biloxi Mississippi.

I had considered the Carnival Spirit which I thought would be cheaper. Princess was at least $400 cheaper for that mid-week departure.

Originally I had booked the Golden Princess for a weekend round trip from Seattle which would make some really easy air travel from the Southeastern USA, but that plan fell through when there was a job issue. So I had to switch to mid-week cruises which are only one way...North or South.

I'm going Vancouver to Anchorage ( Whitter). Been to Vancouver before and enjoyed sailing under the Lion's Gate Bridge and leaving from Canada Place in the city center. I'm taking Princess's hotel...Four Seasons Downtown.

Never been to Anchorage before so there is a first time for everything. The crazy thing about flying from Anchorage is the *over-night* flight back...YUCK ! What I've done is book my own flights and paid extra for these extra leg-room seats from Anchorage to Seattle...then Seattle to Houston. Sleep !! I'll need sleep and can't sleep when some dip-stick reclines into my lap ( I'm 6'1") I think I can survive a regular seat for the 45 minute flight from Houston to Gulfport/Biloxi Mississippi.

My brother also has issues with the seats while flying as he is 6'5.. (I'm only 5'8.. so its not as bad.. but still not great)

I'll be doing the Alaska cruise on Sept 11th (should my TA get back to me:cool:).. Its great as it leaves from Seattle and then returns to Vancouver so it's just a short cab home :D I love living in a port city. And have to agree the Lion's Gate bridge is pretty neat, and our harbour is pretty for the most part with the mountains to the north.

Four Seasons is a nice hotel right in the heart of the city. How long are you here for?

My brother also has issues with the seats while flying as he is 6'5.. (I'm only 5'8.. so its not as bad.. but still not great)

I'll be doing the Alaska cruise on Sept 11th (should my TA get back to me:cool:).. Its great as it leaves from Seattle and then returns to Vancouver so it's just a short cab home :D I love living in a port city. And have to agree the Lion's Gate bridge is pretty neat, and our harbour is pretty for the most part with the mountains to the north.

Four Seasons is a nice hotel right in the heart of the city. How long are you here for?

I will be at Four Seasons just the night of the 11th of September. I fly home from Anchorage on 19 Sept.

I almost did that very same Seattle to Vancouver cruise, but since I had already had a deposit down with Princess, it was all so easy to just switch ships as opposed to cruise-lines.

I will be at Four Seasons just the night of the 11th of September. I fly home from Anchorage on 19 Sept.

I almost did that very same Seattle to Vancouver cruise, but since I had already had a deposit down with Princess, it was all so easy to just switch ships as opposed to cruise-lines.

I had thought about using another line.. but for me it wasnt just the deposit but also the future cruise credit... so Spirit here i come. The Spirit will be fresh looking as she goes into dry dock in January to gte ready to head to Oz. This will be her last Alaska sailing (and I'm very thankful as yes it does go into Glacier Bay...) (I think that is my favorite place in the world)

Congratulations Pia on YOUR cruise. It will be a blast as always . While I haven't been on the Spirit, I have sailed on her sister the Carnival Legend and found that my favorite Carnival "Fun Ship". I think the Spirit class is just a bit nicer than the other classes, but hey...they are all great. Any cruise ship is a darn fine place to be.

I work for the US Postal Service which has been in the news lately for all its future uncertainties. So hopefully I'll still be working where I work in September and can still go on my Alaska cruise. Princess will refund my deposit, but I would need to eat plane tickets perhaps. All things considered, I feel optimistic though.

Lol.. Best of luck with yours too:) I'm sure you'll be on it !

Tc!

Thanks Pia !

I might have mis-spoken a little. The Pacific Princess was the original Love Boat and not the Island, but the Island Princess was later used. Of course it is all a joke since I'm aware that it was a previous Island Princess.

The first time I opened a cruise ship cabin door, my husband and I were shocked at how small the room was.

The Love Boat cabins seemed palatial in comparison.

Saturday nights with The Love Boat and a big bowl of my mom's stove-popped popcorn - those were some good times.

that's right everyone had a huge room.

Thanks Pia !

I might have mis-spoken a little. The Pacific Princess was the original Love Boat and not the Island, but the Island Princess was later used. Of course it is all a joke since I'm aware that it was a previous Island Princess.

I might add that I just found out that the Island Princess is the same basic design of Carnival Spirit class, Holland America's Vista class, the Cunard Queen Victoria, the Radiance class of Royal Caribbean, and at least two Costa ships....all built along the same blueprints.

I've been on the Carnival Legend and the HAL Oosterdam and found them quite simular to be from different cruise-lines...they are half sisters of sorts.

I might add that I just found out that the Island Princess is the same basic design of Carnival Spirit class, Holland America's Vista class, the Cunard Queen Victoria, the Radiance class of Royal Caribbean, and at least two Costa ships....all built along the same blueprints.

I've been on the Carnival Legend and the HAL Oosterdam and found them quite simular to be from different cruise-lines...they are half sisters of sorts.

I love the size of the Spirit :) and having sailed on the Westerdam (also Vista) i would agree about the size and the layout. I would LOVE the Spirit to have the crows nest that HAL does... c'est ca!

I love the size of the Spirit :) and having sailed on the Westerdam (also Vista) i would agree about the size and the layout. I would LOVE the Spirit to have the crows nest that HAL does... c'est ca!

I think there is an alternate dining room all the way at the top. I enjoy the Crow's Nest on HAL also, but Carnival doesn't do it that way.

I know last May on the smaller Maasdam, the Crow's Nest was the happening place in the evenings. The guide books say that if one stays up past 2100 on HAL that they will be partying with the staff....and they weren't kidding with the Maasdam Canada/New England. There were just a handful of us in the Disco ( Crow's Nest) every evening.

I think there is an alternate dining room all the way at the top. I enjoy the Crow's Nest on HAL also, but Carnival doesn't do it that way.

I know last May on the smaller Maasdam, the Crow's Nest was the happening place in the evenings. The guide books say that if one stays up past 2100 on HAL that they will be partying with the staff....and they weren't kidding with the Maasdam Canada/New England. There were just a handful of us in the Disco ( Crow's Nest) every evening.

The steak house on the Spirit is right under the Whale Tale... (wonderful food) while the Vista's have theirs almost at water level (so lovely) (and also great!) (HAL wins on this for their location.. while CCL for the beds and the cabins)

I loved the crows nest in evening sitting by the bar chatting to other cruisers. Made some new friends:)

Thats one thing i have found be open to meeting new people and you will! I have some very good friends now that i first meet on CC. We sometimes even go on the same cruises (thank God for fb.. its so easy to keep in touch)

The steak house on the Spirit is right under the Whale Tale... (wonderful food) while the Vista's have theirs almost at water level (so lovely) (and also great!) (HAL wins on this for their location.. while CCL for the beds and the cabins)

I loved the crows nest in evening sitting by the bar chatting to other cruisers. Made some new friends:)

Thats one thing i have found be open to meeting new people and you will! I have some very good friends now that i first meet on CC. We sometimes even go on the same cruises (thank God for fb.. its so easy to keep in touch)

At the top of the atrium on the Carnival Legend are some glass stairs leading to the streak-house which I consider one of my favorite cruise-ship sights.

The people on ships are half of the fun in my book. Everyone, or most everyone, seems to be most gregarious so I tend to miss that crowd while on land. I go walking at a local trail just about every day, and many don't even speak to me. I sure get acknowledged on a cruise-ship for sure.

At the top of the atrium on the Carnival Legend are some glass stairs leading to the streak-house which I consider one of my favorite cruise-ship sights.

The people on ships are half of the fun in my book. Everyone, or most everyone, seems to be most gregarious so I tend to miss that crowd while on land. I go walking at a local trail just about every day, and many don't even speak to me. I sure get acknowledged on a cruise-ship for sure.

But do you smile and say hi?;) Like you would on a ship?

But do you smile and say hi?;) Like you would on a ship?

Oh yes...I'm a "good morning" kind of guy. Even at 3 PM, so I don't understand why people look at me funny.

These yuppies wearing bicycle panties are often the most unfriendly.

Archived