The Love Boat isn't real

Thoth

As a single guy, I have cruised a few times. I have never had an trouble with finiding a woman for a "Hook Up" Its all about how outgoing you are.

I'd have to disagree. You either have the chemistry to get women or you don't, both on land and at sea. Some outgoing guys are luckless, while some fairly quiet types have girls all over them. Guys who do well on land will do well at sea. I've been lucky a couple of times and had a few near misses. Otherwise, I just go to meet lots of new people and don't count on anything.

I'd have to disagree. You either have the chemistry to get women or you don't, both on land and at sea. Some outgoing guys are luckless, while some fairly quiet types have girls all over them. Guys who do well on land will do well at sea. I've been lucky a couple of times and had a few near misses. Otherwise, I just go to meet lots of new people and don't count on anything.

It has to do with standards also. It seems that the bar flies hook up easily.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm thinking that Doc was a bar fly :D

Have the best time in Bermuda!!!!

Oh yes...definitey...Doc was a bar-fly.

no doubt he is still out there somewhere, picking up women.

I just hope Bermuda doesn't get leveled a a hurricane, I hope Charleston doesn't get leveled by a hurricane, I hope I don't get a hurricane. Me...sailing during hurricane season...what *was* I thinking ?

Oh yes...definitey...Doc was a bar-fly.

no doubt he is still out there somewhere, picking up women.

I just hope Bermuda doesn't get leveled a a hurricane, I hope Charleston doesn't get leveled by a hurricane, I hope I don't get a hurricane. Me...sailing during hurricane season...what *was* I thinking ?

Toth you will be fine!

i was in Bermuda when hurricane Grace came by for brunch (she later became a part of the perfect storm) and drove a scooter homefrom the other end of the island... the winds were very bad... had to lock my elbows. When we got home called my best friend (Bermudian at the time) and got an earfull about stupid tourists (though my then fiance was a local)

Toth you will be fine!

i was in Bermuda when hurricane Grace came by for brunch (she later became a part of the perfect storm) and drove a scooter homefrom the other end of the island... the winds were very bad... had to lock my elbows. When we got home called my best friend (Bermudian at the time) and got an earfull about stupid tourists (though my then fiance was a local)

Yeah...I'll get that vacation in one way or the other.

One good thing about Vancouver...no hurricanes...right ?

Yeah...I'll get that vacation in one way or the other.

One good thing about Vancouver...no hurricanes...right ?

No hurricanes here.. but earth quakes... wind storms... blizzards (not often) and the occassional tsunmi warning :)

I hope that you will be writing a review of your trip!

No hurricanes here.. but earth quakes... wind storms... blizzards (not often) and the occassional tsunmi warning :)

I hope that you will be writing a review of your trip!

I will be writing a review of my trip. That is one thing to do post trip to chase off the post cruise blues...that is relive the whole experience and write a review.

• 2 weeks later...
I pretty much agree with Thoth. This topic comes up every once in a while, most of the single guys agree it's very hard to meet single women. Because I like to dance, I now travel pretty much only with dance groups,it's so rare to find women who actually can and are willing to dance.

and here I have the opposite problem....I LOVE to dance but can't find a single man to dance with...the "line" dances are ok, but it's nice sometimes to just be held for a slow song.....I luck out every once in a while if there are gay men where the dance is

I now travel mostly with dance groups; I follow dance threads to get ideas for good ships for dancing. Some group organisers provide dance hosts for single women. Cunard also provides hosts, although few of them can actually dance. NHBob says Crystal provides dance hosts, but an article about them implied they're quite old.

It amazes me how many "ladies" believe that they will find "love" at sea. I saw it on my last HAL and CCL cruises. I think that the blame needs to be shared with "The Love Boat" and also Romantic Fiction:rolleyes:

I actually know women who endlessly spend large amounts of money thinking that they will find the love of their lives on a cruise ship........yes it could happen...........but it could anywhere. I have found anytime you go looking for something you must also know you might not find it, especially if it is a man or a woman.....that could be called hunting ....lol...I have never been on a cruise before....the cruise in November is my first, I am taking a 4 day cruise to somewhere I wanted to see..........I am not looking for a male..........not looking for any one night stands........friendship is always welcomed.........most things in life worth having should include friendship..............someone once said memories have very very long warranties............great statement.....I do not think romance is dead............all good things happen in time........so go enjoy....:)

and my grandfather stayed married and happy with her until the day he died, my aunt and her husband have been married ovver 30 years now and still going strong...and in the family tradition, I met someone I hope to be in my life forever on a cruise last December so I say hogwash to the idea you cant meet the love of your life on a ship! I highly recommend it! :)

• 2 weeks later...
So Thoth...

While on your cruise did you fall in love.... with Bermuda :p

I didn't get enough quality time to fall in love. My cruise left me short changed on Bermuda. We had one day...a Sunday when much is closed.

I did fall in love Charleston all over again. I did 3 ghost tours I am considering coming back someday as a ghost walking down Meeting street. I'll be the ghost with a camera !

I can testify that the Love Boat did exist many years ago...My first four cruises, 1972-73. Those were the days...My first cruise we were a table of 10 or more singles, mostly women. One couple did get married later...They were the only ones with white hair! EM

• 2 weeks later...
I didn't get enough quality time to fall in love. My cruise left me short changed on Bermuda. We had one day...a Sunday when much is closed.

I did fall in love Charleston all over again. I did 3 ghost tours I am considering coming back someday as a ghost walking down Meeting street. I'll be the ghost with a camera !

Read your review... well done:D

In 2013 i plan on sailing out New Orleans.... hope to do some ghost tours out of there:)

Oh yes, I do think that the "Big Easy" has ghost tours as well.

My first two cruises were from down there. It was quite easy finding the ship and parking.

Back on the subject of the "Love Boat", I got to thinking that television at one time had a soul. One of the recurring themes of the Love Boat was that people are ultimately good and that given the chance most everyone will eventually do the right thing.

I was watching an episode of the Odd Couple which reached that same concusion...people are inherently good.

I get the impression that TV has changed.

Thanks for the friend request...yes, I clicked on yes.

Here are some photos...I hope that the links work for everyone.

1) A Charleston Ghost ?

2) Ghost tour orbs

3) Fort Sumter from ship leaving Charleston

4) Edmondston-Alston House Charleston 1825

5) Joseph Manigault house Charleston 1803

6) King's Wharf Bermuda

7) Bermuda

8) St George Bermuda

9) Hamilton Bermuda

10) Cathedral in Hamilton

11) Carnival Fantasy

12) Atrium of Fantasy

13) Tiffany Window St Michael's church Charleston

IMG_0001.jpg.b7b4ca85cbad65c598401439015d7294.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg.05569b1696ff4c1759c33e3611395d32.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg.35aeee7ea2f520c7df25c75995053fdd.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg.4d067aa004ae64bc54a4b4ef4f7c4eec.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg.f146724e88967fc8c4df305dabb683e7.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg.4a63e402fd68b22499f18d98ea68bd58.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg.21ad14d0bf7fa2052fcba13d351c5349.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg.4f0c19af5d56d9fcd678e0959d645a63.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg.3b641087b6a480a8533a4e866155380c.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg.02d431b62c772035b2fcba32da62058e.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg.8ad6e4de483cc0d9c68d5f85f58c3753.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg.46fdb923dcdf66d5c0ed33becac93a26.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg.665e53b67c7fe2c4b936d04bd786be47.jpg

Back on the subject of the "Love Boat", I got to thinking that television at one time had a soul. One of the recurring themes of the Love Boat was that people are ultimately good and that given the chance most everyone will eventually do the right thing.

I was watching an episode of the Odd Couple which reached that same concusion...people are inherently good.

I get the impression that TV has changed.

Im trying my hardest to think of a modern day show that leaves you with a good feeling... and I'm having a tough time. :p

PS. Thoth.. great photos:)

Im trying my hardest to think of a modern day show that leaves you with a good feeling... and I'm having a tough time. :p

PS. Thoth.. great photos:)

Thank you !

So....Where all are you going on the Carnival Spirit come April ?

Thank you !

So....Where all are you going on the Carnival Spirit come April ?

Leaving San Diego to come back to Vancouver.. with a stop in San Diego to see the pandas:D

So excited to do this trip as we had the BEST ever roll call on my past trip (Vancouver to LA in September) and more than half have either signed up for the cruise or are seriously thinking about it. Its going to be a blast! I had originally booked this trip as a way home from the Hawaii (cruise before)... but my Persian got sick this past summer and $$ needed to be juggled and the cruise needed to be post phoned to September... all good as i get to be on the Spirit prior to her leaving North America:) two times... (and the cat is healthy..most important)

Here is the fb group “Spirit Leaves Cali – Cruise to Nowhere San Diego-Vancouver 4/28/12

Archived