booking port guides independently

jegk1

I don't recall the names of all the guides I've used, but they all spoke English in all of those ports. Well...except a couple of cab drivers in Cozumel. But I know enough Spanish to get by.

Grand Cayman will not be a problem at all.

Belize shouldn't be a problem. I seem to recall a guide telling me they taught English in school? Might even be their official language.

Roatan and Cozumel...if you're booking an independent guide recommended here, that shouldn't be a problem either.

Are there specific tours you were looking at?

You'll probably find a lot more info over on the Ports of Call boards.

Thank you for the suggestions. We really are looking for someone to drive us around the areas we will be visiting as we have already done the main attractions. We do have places we want to see in each area. I will try Island Marketing, but it appears this is a van operation with select designated stops to which we have already been. I do appreciate your help.

English is the native language in Belize and Grand Cayman so you will have no trouble there. The port of call boards will provide a lot of recommendations though you have to decide about what you think is important. I have found that the highly recommended guides are probably the worst of the bunch because they cater tot the masses.

Archived