Carry On Question

Hi, apologies if this is answered elsewehere but I can't find a thread...

Those of you who bring tux/suits, would you recommend it go in hand luggage to carry on (in suit carrier) or will it be OK in the case?

(mainly because we are flying - air hand luggage)

Thanks again!

BoB

Hi BoB,

I always take mine folded in the bottom of the suitcase and it's fine. And Dw puts her dress in her suitcase.

We save the hand luggage for important stuff so it's not out of my hand.

Passports, tickets, money and electrical stuff and chargers. Like cameras, netbook and medicines.

Berwyn

Hi, apologies if this is answered elsewehere but I can't find a thread...

Those of you who bring tux/suits, would you recommend it go in hand luggage to carry on (in suit carrier) or will it be OK in the case?

(mainly because we are flying - air hand luggage)

Thanks again!

BoB

We always pack - don't remember seeing anyone with a suit carrry-on carrier for flights although it's common when doing a UK sailing and luggage restrictions aren't an issue. May be a problem with your 'only one item of hand luggage' and of a size which can't exceed certain dimensions.

Everyone else packs their evening wear so no-one takes any notice of a few creases! General advice in the event of creasing is to hang up in the en-suite whilst showering - the heat and steam work wonders!! :D

we are taking a suit carrier but going to check it in alongside our 2 suitcases.

We did that last time and it saved my dress and my hubbys tux from being so creased

Hi - do they charge you extra for an additional item of hold luggage (and is that per Kg?) or is it ok provided the carry-on plus your case doesn't exceed 23Kg?

Thanks everyone! Will get it pressed beforehand so hopefully wont be too bad.

BoB

It'll be fine. Or no worse than anyone else's. I've never needed to send my suit for pressing on unpacking and mostly we have to pack the afternoon before flying and cruising.

Berwyn

Hi - do they charge you extra for an additional item of hold luggage (and is that per Kg?) or is it ok provided the carry-on plus your case doesn't exceed 23Kg?

We always take 3 cases when we cruise (large, not so large and small - they all fit 1 inside the other for storage), and as long as the total weight doesn't exceed your allowance, it is fine.

We always take 3 cases when we cruise (large, not so large and small - they all fit 1 inside the other for storage), and as long as the total weight doesn't exceed your allowance, it is fine.

Thanks for that - that's worth knowing sodafountain. :) Do they weigh all 3 together and as long as it's under 2 x 23Kg it's ok or does your med and small both come in under 23Kg?

Thanks for that - that's worth knowing sodafountain. :) Do they weigh all 3 together and as long as it's under 2 x 23Kg it's ok or does your med and small both come in under 23Kg?

It's combined, so as long as all 3 are under 46kg, it's ok (but i think no 1 case can be more than 23kg, due to health and safety apparently).

Think our's usually come out at 21, 17 & 8, or there abouts.

Archived