Ventura - Deluxe Balcony CC grade

Bessie Dog

Hi Bessie Dog, you will love your cabin, it's like a mini suite. We were on D deck in a deluxe CA grade in March/April and our two children, aged 16 and 6 shared the sofa bed. They slept really well and never complained about being uncomfortable during our 12 night cruise.

Have a wonderful time, the Ventura is a fabulous ship.:)

Yes these cabins are great.

We have a four berth version and so far they have all had a double sofa bed plus an unadvertised pullman bed in the ceiling over it. Although our two have never complained about the sofa bed being uncomfortable you could always ask the steward to make up the pullman bed instead if it is a problem. This would also give you extra room when the beds are out as getting to the balcony can be a bit of a squeeze!

Also when we were on Princess you could also ask for a mattress topper for the bed. Not sure if these are available on P&O but again it may be worth asking the Steward.

Just a word of warning - so far we have never had a four berth cabin which has been set up for all of us when we arrive. For example there have only been two towels, robes, glasses, mugs etc. Reading the reviews I know this has bothered some people but it really is not a problem. Just a polite request to the Steward will soon rectify this so no worries. I have come to the conclusion that the Stewards are not told in advance what the room occupancy is going to be and are instructed to set them all up for couples. So hardly the hard working Stewards fault!

Regards

Yes, I agree with berlingo. The steward didn't seem to know there were three of us. When we went back to the cabin to go to bed the first night, he had not made up the sofa-bed at turndown. So it was panic stations to fetch him back to do it so our son could actually go to bed!

I did wonder after the cruise whether we could have asked for a mattress topper for the sofa bed.

We have just got back from Ventura and had a cabin on D deck. The cabin was great with a sofa bed. Made up and put away for you. I find its always helpful to introduce yourself and the family to the steward whos looking after your room,then there is never any confusion. No complaints about the beds from us very nice indeed. Best room I have ever had.

Archived