Trip Report: Oasis of the Seas 5/14-5/21...tons of pictures

Great photos! I'm sure it was quite time consuming and annoying to carry around the equipment. I'm a photographer here in Miami and a cruise lover and to me it's worth it in the end when you have beautiful memories to look at!! I'm going on the Allure in September and your photos and review have not only been informational but inspirational. Thanks for sharing!! Loved the Moon picture - gorgeous!

Thank you everyone!! you guys are far too kind.

Nanatopiper - A few days after getting back home, we started looking for our next sailing. You should definitely cruise again. It's quite addicting :D

tx_sweetpea - I'm glad you're enjoying the review so far.

oceanblue33 - Thank you.

Nancynurse - Have a wonderful time on your cruise. You must be excited. We started counting down 3 months before our sailing hehe

VegasChic - We are debating whether we should Allure next year or book another Oasis. We'll see. Have a fantastic time on your cruise!

debbie fewell - I don't mind at all. We've learned so much from everyone and we're just returning the favor.

dizzlepop - Have an awesome trip

lounger - Wow was the first word we said when we set foot on the ship. She really is beautiful.

Dizney - Have a safe trip and have a great time on your cruise.

Later that night, we went to the promenade deck for the farewell party.

The penguins from Madagascar. So cute!!

_MG_6830.jpg

_MG_6832.jpg

Shrek

_MG_6833.jpg

Shrek and cruise director staff dancing

_MG_6834.jpg

_MG_6839.jpg

Full house

_MG_6864.jpg

One last evening walk around the ship

_MG_6866.jpg

_MG_6873.jpg

_MG_6875.jpg

All in all, we enjoyed our time on the Oasis. The ship is magnificent, innovative and just plain beautiful. We'd sail her again if the price is right but next time around, we would probably get an oceanview room or an oceanview balcony as we missed seeing the ocean. You'd have to go on higher decks in order to see the it.

I hope you all enjoyed the photos as much as we enjoyed taking them.

By the way, we stayed another day in Fort Lauderdale and watched the Oasis sailaway

_MG_6900.jpg

_MG_6902.jpg

Happy cruising everyone!!

Edited by mr.jdm

One last evening walk around the ship

_MG_6866.jpg

_MG_6873.jpg

_MG_6875.jpg

All in all, we enjoyed our time on the Oasis. The ship is magnificent, innovative and just plain beautiful. We'd sail her again if the price is right but next time around, we would probably get an oceanview room or an oceanview balcony as we missed seeing the ocean. You'd have to go on higher decks in order to see the it.

I hope you all enjoyed the photos as much as we enjoyed taking them.

Happy cruising everyone!!

Thanks so much for such an enjoyable review with FANTASTIC photos. I will be booking both the allure and oasis. WOW great job!!!!!

It's a trial and error for me. It took me a few tries just to get a lot of these shots. If I had a film camera, I would have probably wasted 100's of rolls of film by now :D

Going digital has been the greatest advance in photography for me. I sometimes will take twenty pictures of a senset and then delete most of them while keeping the "perfect" shots. It is so much better than the old film days when you would get home and develope the film only to fine that you don't have quite what you thought you had. At that point it is pretty hard to travel back several thousand miles to retake the shot!:D

Going digital has been the greatest advance in photography for me. I sometimes will take twenty pictures of a senset and then delete most of them while keeping the "perfect" shots. It is so much better than the old film days when you would get home and develope the film only to fine that you don't have quite what you thought you had. At that point it is pretty hard to travel back several thousand miles to retake the shot!:D

I agree, I used to go through rolls of film to get the perfect shot... and you had to pay all the costs for developing the bad ones. With digital I took 1500 shots on my last 8 day cruise (6 cities) and ended up using about 500 of them.

_MG_6657.jpg

We sailed Oasis in 2010, and one of our only complaints was the pizza at Sorrento's. But judging from your exceptional food pics, it looks like they've upgraded the pizza quality. This picture looks nothing like the dry, hard pizza we had, this looks great!!

Thanks for the great review and excellent pics!

Hello, first off an awesome review and the pic's are incredible!!!

I did notice in your pic's for your Chops dinner, it seems you had the newer menu. I am wondering was the mud pie no longer an option? I saw you had red velvet cake and that is not on the older menu? I did post the question elsewhere but have not gotten any response.

thank you in advance,

Patty

Thanks everyone. I'm glad all of you enjoyed viewing the pictures.

We are the same. It took several shots to get the pictures we wanted. One time I was standing by the Central Park sign for more than 10 minutes trying to take a picture..it still came out blurry in the end haha.

I agree, I used to go through rolls of film to get the perfect shot... and you had to pay all the costs for developing the bad ones. With digital I took 1500 shots on my last 8 day cruise (6 cities) and ended up using about 500 of them.

We try to delete the not so good pictures from the camera right away to free up space. Sometimes even when pictures look good in your camera, they're still blurry once uploaded :(

We sailed Oasis in 2010, and one of our only complaints was the pizza at Sorrento's. But judging from your exceptional food pics, it looks like they've upgraded the pizza quality. This picture looks nothing like the dry, hard pizza we had, this looks great!!

Thanks for the great review and excellent pics!

I read about the pizza and cupcake being dry but they were fine when we went. We didn't go all the time though. We had cupcake once and pizza no more than 3x.

You don't even want to know how many shots Mr Familygoboston takes:eek: Thanks heavens for digital!

Luckily on cruises he just brings 2 cameras, and just little ones:p (Ha!) I'm always in awe of people who post their pics live or within days, it takes weeks for DH to post process his photos!

Fantastic pics!! We will be on the Oasis in November for our Honeymoon, seeing your pics makes it very hard to wait another 159 days!! We are booked for Nachi, loved the pics. You didn't say much about it. Did you like Nachi??

Nachi was awesome. It was a nice change from being on the ship's pool deck. When you get there, they'll make you wear sombreros and they'll snap a picture which they'll try to sell while you're on the beach. We declined and they tried to sell it again to us for cheaper when we were about to leave.

We didn't go in the water because of the waves. We're not strong swimmers so we went in the pool instead. When we got there, nachi just opened so the pool still had leaves/bugs. Not a lot but you'll be able to see them.

Service was great. Our drinks kept coming even without us asking but they only put a tiny bit of alcohol in your drink. You won't be able to taste it. The food during lunch was quite tasty and filling. There were 7 of us and I don't think anyone finished their lunch. We all skipped dessert as well.

It was a relaxing day and you'll enjoy your time there provided you want to relax. 'Spring break' type of behavior isn't allowed at nachi.

Hello, first off an awesome review and the pic's are incredible!!!

I did notice in your pic's for your Chops dinner, it seems you had the newer menu. I am wondering was the mud pie no longer an option? I saw you had red velvet cake and that is not on the older menu? I did post the question elsewhere but have not gotten any response.

thank you in advance,

Patty

Yes, they added a few items in the menu. The Oysters and Red velvet wasn't in our previous sailing so we tried those. I believe a fish (salmon, i think) entree was added as well. I recall seeing the mud pie on the menu. Was that good? maybe I should try that on our next sailing :D

Thank you so much for your review. We were also on this cruise and were part of the Nachi group of 7. Dan & I really enjoyed meeting you and have very much loved seeing your pictures. They are way better than anything we took on the cruise! Take care and we hope your next cruise isn't too far in the future.

Gail & Dan

Nachi was awesome. It was a nice change from being on the ship's pool deck. When you get there, they'll make you wear sombreros and they'll snap a picture which they'll try to sell while you're on the beach. We declined and they tried to sell it again to us for cheaper when we were about to leave.

We didn't go in the water because of the waves. We're not strong swimmers so we went in the pool instead. When we got there, nachi just opened so the pool still had leaves/bugs. Not a lot but you'll be able to see them.

Service was great. Our drinks kept coming even without us asking but they only put a tiny bit of alcohol in your drink. You won't be able to taste it. The food during lunch was quite tasty and filling. There were 7 of us and I don't think anyone finished their lunch. We all skipped dessert as well.

It was a relaxing day and you'll enjoy your time there provided you want to relax. 'Spring break' type of behavior isn't allowed at nachi.

Yes, they added a few items in the menu. The Oysters and Red velvet wasn't in our previous sailing so we tried those. I believe a fish (salmon, i think) entree was added as well. I recall seeing the mud pie on the menu. Was that good? maybe I should try that on our next sailing :D

Delish!!! but not ice-cream as one would expect. So happy to know my entire vacation will not be ruined. LOL!!! Just got curious and had to know. Again your review is AWESOME!