Would you recommend...

djs263875

Walking from the Tremont House to the cruise terminal? They seem to be the best deal in Galveston when we cruise in January. Also do they have on site cruise parking? I have heard they request that you park at their sister hotel. Does anyone have experience doing this? Please Help!

Have not done it yet but we are staying at the Harbor House (sister Hotel) and walking to the ship on Monday the 20th. Should be no issue, it is a nice part of town even though it is the Port area. Restaurants, Shops, Hotels, Museums, ie The Strand.

Walking from the Tremont House to the cruise terminal? They seem to be the best deal in Galveston when we cruise in January. Also do they have on site cruise parking? I have heard they request that you park at their sister hotel. Does anyone have experience doing this? Please Help!

No experience

but yes you can walk the 2-3 short blocks from Tremont to terminal.

Which is same distance as Harbor House to terminal.

Its all relative to your capabilities and extent of baggage.

Also Tremont, Harbor House, and Galvez are same hotels.

Believe the Galvez or Harbor House will be the parking area.

They will work pretty much same

in the parking and shuttles to terminals.

Harbor House is right next door to the terminal----and the Tremont house is a few short blocks away---the streets are sort of uneven---but its pretty easy to walk if you dont have too much luggage---and it wheels well--lol

The Galvez is a few miles away and is another Wyndham property---which does have onsite parking--the Tremont does not-----Sorry I dont know if they would let you park and cruise if you are staying at the Tremont and not the Galvez---you can call and ask-- I did -They offer a shuttle-- I'm staying at the Tremont again and what to go to the Galvez Sunday Champagne brunch-------

Enjoy whatever you do

cheers

April

There is cruise parking at the pier that has a free shuttle too---friends have used it alot that drive down------and highly recommend it

Harbor House is right next door to the terminal----and the Tremont house is a few short blocks away---the streets are sort of uneven---but its pretty easy to walk if you dont have too much luggage---and it wheels well--lol

The Galvez is a few miles away and is another Wyndham property---which does have onsite parking--the Tremont does not-----Sorry I dont know if they would let you park and cruise if you are staying at the Tremont and not the Galvez---you can call and ask-- I did -They offer a shuttle-- I'm staying at the Tremont again and what to go to the Galvez Sunday Champagne brunch-------

Enjoy whatever you do

cheers

April

There is cruise parking at the pier that has a free shuttle too---friends have used it alot that drive down------and highly recommend it

Tremont is same distance and

maybe a little closer.

Just call to clarify parking!

They are all owned by and operated by same.

In fact

the Tremont Hotel was just named one of top 50 or so hotels in world

in an article today in Houston Chronicle!!!!!!!!!

I will look up the article!

Thanks for all the responses. We ultimately decided that since we are driving down from Mid-Missouri to book a cheap hotel north of Houston and finish the drive the morning of embarkation. We are going to park at Galveston Park-N-Cruise as their prices were good and the review on them looked good as well.

Archived