Sailing with older children

Sailing with Children 18 and 15 and want them to have their own room. Cant find connecting rooms. I understand that you have to book one adult in each room. What do you do when checking in so there can be access to both rooms?

Thanks,

Sailing with Children 18 and 15 and want them to have their own room. Cant find connecting rooms. I understand that you have to book one adult in each room. What do you do when checking in so there can be access to both rooms?

Thanks,

Check in together - once on board - go to guest services for keys and switch

I think that as long as one person is over 18 on the first day of sailing, you don't have to book an adult in the room. This is what I was told when I made a booking a few weeks ago. I could be wrong......I would call RCL and ask.

I think that as long as one person is over 18 on the first day of sailing, you don't have to book an adult in the room. This is what I was told when I made a booking a few weeks ago. I could be wrong......I would call RCL and ask.

The rule seems to be different every time we sail - sometimes we're told we have to book 1 adult in each room, sometimes they can be in their own room if they are directly opposite or next door, sometimes if they are within 3 doors away. On our last cruise when our son was 18 we had to book 1 adult in each room, on our next cruise they are booked in their own room directly opposite. In any case there is no problem just getting extra keys once you get onboard.

Thanks...I get a different response when I call RCCL. We are booked about 10 doors down which is pretty close. I will just go to guest services and get extra keys when we get on board.

Thanks so much for the feedback. I dont know what I would do without "cruise critic"

Sandy

Archived