Cabin Location Advise Deckwise On Summit

Stevesan

I'm an inch from booking Summit for a S. Caribbean B2B in April 2012. It's been ten years since my last Celebrity cruise and I'm in the dark about deck preferences.

I'll want an OV, so I priced Continental Deck as a reference point. The fare delta between Continental and Penthouse Deck is 14%. It's another 3% for Vista, Panorama and Sky.

Bith the 14% and 17% are reasonable for my pocket book.

I'm wondering if any particular deck is better to avoid, or is one more desirable?

What would you do?:)

I'd look at specific cabins and see what shows directly above and below on the deck plan. You may hear some mechanical/engine noises from below in certain cabins on Continental Deck, though this is less likely in an OV than in an inside. The Penthouse OVs are above the theatre.

Assuming that you are only two, I would pay more attention to the type of cabin you are booking. for instance, if you book a cabin for three, the third bed will be the convertible couch, the beds will be against the side wall, and the couch by the window. but if you book a cabin that is a quad, there will be two bunks that come down from the ceiling. they will not be noticable if you don't need them, but they necessitate the head of the bed being beneath the window, so you cannot look out without climbing up on the bed.

Examples: Cabin 2178, quad

BG-47.jpg

BG-48.jpg

Cabin 3059, triple

BG-45.jpgEM

Edit: Nevermind, I thought you were booking a balcony and not an OV. My post below refers to balconies.

It seems to me like vista and panorama are the best m-class decks if you are booking a balcony. They both have nothing but staterooms on the decks both above and below, and they avoid the overhang issue of the sky deck. In other words, you get the most ideal balcony locations in what should be the most quiet decks on the ship.

Archived