Mayan Experience Tour on June 22

englit

I'm interested in finding 4 people to join my group of 4 to take this tour with Chacchoben Mayan Ruins. We plan to leave from Majahual at 8 am. Explorer of the Seas is scheduled to arrive at 7 am. I think this tour is a great option for those not interested in a long ruin tour. It does visit Chacchoben with a guide as well as a visit to a modern Mayan community. We actually get to interact with a Mayan family and enjoy a traditional lunch. All this takes about 5 1/2 hours ( we should be back in Majahual at 1:30 ) leaving plenty fo time to explore Majahual itself and the shops at the pier before sailing off to Cozumel. The cost $60 per person. I understand the cab to Majahual from the pier is about $3 more per person. If you might br interested let me know asap.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you booking this through Ivan? Yes you are correct it does cost $3 pp by bus from the dock and $2 pp by taxi back to the dock. We did the short tour with Ivan. Him and David are AWESOME. I would highly recommend them for the tours. Ivan was born and raised mayan until he was 11 years old I belive. It is a great tour and very interesting. I hope you have as much fun as we did there.

Jeff

Redwings1958 By any chance are you a Red Wing fan? Are you from the Detroit area? More importantly could you tell me exactly how you booked this tour with David and Ivan? Do they require a deposit? How much? Thanks for your input.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi redwings1958- we are also touring with Ivan on June 8 from Explorer- although we are caving with Yvony in Belize-

We have 5- my husband, myself, and 3 boys- 21, 19, 16-

I wonder how many more will be in our group?

I'm a little nervous about keeping up with all the different times but I'm sure our tour guides deal with this everyday and will get us back to the ship on time!

Archived