OBC or upgrade

mesci14

This morning I found out I can get a 2 category upgrade (currently in BA) and not really sure what that means or an OBC of $100. What would you take and can anyone tell me what a 2 category upgrade on a BA would be?:confused:

I was thinking a mini but then remembered they added new balcony categories so I guess B2 - Family Balcony would be a 2 category upgrade. This could depend on the ship.

Family Balcony on the Pearl is the same square footage as BA but B2 is not mid-ship, so unless you have more than 2 people I would go with OBC.

I could be wrong on the categories though.

I was thinking a mini but then remembered they added new balcony categories so I guess B2 - Family Balcony would be a 2 category upgrade. This could depend on the ship.

Family Balcony on the Pearl is the same square footage as BA but B2 is not mid-ship, so unless you have more than 2 people I would go with OBC.

I could be wrong on the categories though.

We will be on the Dawn. Cool. Thanks, I was leaning toward OBC just because I really didn't understand the upgrades...(didn't want to say no and could have ended up in a suite or something:D)

Before I would take the OBC I would ask exactly what they were offering as a two cat upgrade. Ask your TA what they are talking about. Could be another balcony or a suite depending on who is doing the calculating. Hate to miss a suite if it was offered.:mad:

Before I would take the OBC I would ask exactly what they were offering as a two cat upgrade. Ask your TA what they are talking about. Could be another balcony or a suite depending on who is doing the calculating. Hate to miss a suite if it was offered.:mad:

I totally agree!! I would make sure it's not a suite before I took the OBC!

A category upgrade does not mean an upgrade from say a balcony to a mini suite..what is means is a balcony to a balcony with just a better location on the ship..generally the higher up on the ship you go the more money..so say you booked on deck 6 you will move up to deck 8 but the same type of cabin..I would take the onboard credit..But I may be wrong about that so I would ask them or your TA exactly what that means..But that is my understanding of it..

Just checked out the balcony staterooms on the Dawn. I don't see a B2, only B3 and B1. B1 (aft facing balcony) as anything above that would be a good choice to consider.

As others said, it's best to check.

Archived