All Dining Choices are Waitlisted

Last week I changed our reservation from one cabin to two inside cabins with our kids 13 & 11. One room has a confirmed anytime dining which is what we wanted. The other cabin has anytime dining waitlisted. I called Carnival and was told that we will have to board the ship and ask the maitre d' to seat our family together for dinner. When I try to edit the anytime seating online just to see the status of early or late - both are waitlisted too.

Has anyone had experience with this? It looks like all the dining is waitlisted now. Do they go in right before the cruise and confirm without us having to deal with the maitre d'.

My girls are excited enough to have their own cabin but to have dinner by themselves? No way! This is our chance for the four of us to spend time together because we are always on the go. I hope this dining issue gets straightened out.

Anytime is the hardest to get. Hopefully your booking agent linked the two bookings so you would be seated together, otherwise I have heard of two cabins getting different dining times. You will get some time confirmed .. just might not be the same as the other cabin.

No guarantee you wouldnt have to ask the maitre d' but if you linked the two bookings that should ensure you get the same time

Last week I changed our reservation from one cabin to two inside cabins with our kids 13 & 11. One room has a confirmed anytime dining which is what we wanted. The other cabin has anytime dining waitlisted. I called Carnival and was told that we will have to board the ship and ask the maitre d' to seat our family together for dinner. When I try to edit the anytime seating online just to see the status of early or late - both are waitlisted too.

Has anyone had experience with this? It looks like all the dining is waitlisted now. Do they go in right before the cruise and confirm without us having to deal with the maitre d'.

My girls are excited enough to have their own cabin but to have dinner by themselves? No way! This is our chance for the four of us to spend time together because we are always on the go. I hope this dining issue gets straightened out.

What the folks at Carnival told you was right. If there isn't an assigned dining time prior to you leaving for the cruise terminal the dining room, time and table will be listed on your Sail & Sign card issued you during check in. If the assignment won't work for you visit with the Maitre d' upon boarding the ship. The location and time for dining changes will be listed in the Fun Times that will be available at the Guest Services Desk or pretty much any bar on the ship.

In your situation I'd be amazed if he/she couldn't accommodate your needs.

:)

We did a switch from anytime to early. When we edited, early and late were both waitlisted. But within a week we were both moved to confirmed. Maybe it's a carnival.com thing where they have to wait for the info to flood through? But I agree, they won't seat you separately

Archived