Fun group activities?

Ships R Great

Can someone suggest some fun activities to plan for a cruise. I know the Slot Pull, Cabin Crawl, Book exchange, etc. But are there any more things we could plan. Lots of sea days on our upcoming cruise. And how can you have a Poker Draw if you don't have a Cabin Crawl?

Can someone suggest some fun activities to plan for a cruise. I know the Slot Pull, Cabin Crawl, Book exchange, etc. But are there any more things we could plan. Lots of sea days on our upcoming cruise. And how can you have a Poker Draw if you don't have a Cabin Crawl?

You could go from bar to bar and pull cards....

Depending on how many people you are traveling with, you could host a murder mystery! We did this on the Infinity two years ago when we went through the Panama Canal. I think the one we did was, Murder on the High Seas. We had about 30 people traveling with us, and we had a blast! Do a search online and you will find the themes.

Sheila

Lots of scavenger hunts go on. Just make your list interesting.

There are lots of adult board games that are a blast. Can play in pairs easily. Just take a look at a big toy store. We saw one group playing pictionary with paper and easel. Wasn't listed in the ship's activites, so they must have borrowed the easel and paper.

We had a wine and tea tasting event set up by someone on our roll call. We took regional or special wines as part of our 2 bottle allowance and different teas. It was set up in Tuscan Grill one sea day. We had a wine quiz at the same time.

There were lots of us, I'd guess over 100, so it was a very nice event. I got to try my first ever white Chateauneuf du Pape :)

We had a wine and tea tasting event set up by someone on our roll call. We took regional or special wines as part of our 2 bottle allowance and different teas. It was set up in Tuscan Grill one sea day. We had a wine quiz at the same time.

There were lots of us, I'd guess over 100, so it was a very nice event. I got to try my first ever white Chateauneuf du Pape :)

Ohhhh...I have had that in the red:Dsooooo good. How was

the white?

Ohhhh...I have had that in the red:Dsooooo good. How was

the white?

The white Chateauneuf was so full of intense smooth fruit flavours. Delicious. I took a red Chateauneuf for my offering. That bottle was very dry and not as good as usual.

I fell in love with Pouilly Fuisse (white) onboard and I don't normally drink white. It was great to get it by the glass with the drinks package. I don't think I would have tried it otherwise as i wouldn't have bought a bottle. :)

The white Chateauneuf was so full of intense smooth fruit flavours. Delicious. I took a red Chateauneuf for my offering. That bottle was very dry and not as good as usual.

I fell in love with Pouilly Fuisse (white) onboard and I don't normally drink white. It was great to get it by the glass with the drinks package. I don't think I would have tried it otherwise as i wouldn't have bought a bottle. :)

Glad you tried something new then:D it is always nice to step outside

of the box! I tried a Malbec for the first time back in February and really

enjoyed it too.

As for whites? I haven't had Pouilly in a long time. If I may recommend

another for you? It is called Cakebread Cellars and the Saviagnon

Blanc is one of my favorites:). It is about 25.00 a bottle here at home.

Its about 40.00 on the ship (I think). Anyway, it is fun trying new

wines and I will have to try the WHITE Chateauneuf.......

Glad you tried something new then:D it is always nice to step outside

of the box! I tried a Malbec for the first time back in February and really

enjoyed it too.

As for whites? I haven't had Pouilly in a long time. If I may recommend

another for you? It is called Cakebread Cellars and the Saviagnon

Blanc is one of my favorites:). It is about 25.00 a bottle here at home.

Its about 40.00 on the ship (I think). Anyway, it is fun trying new

wines and I will have to try the WHITE Chateauneuf.......

Thank you Lois. I did try a white Cakebread by the glass in Muranos. It was the only time I ever saw a Cakebread on the 'wines by the glass' list anywhere on the ship. Very nice. :)

I asked in the MDR, after reading so many good reports about it on here, but the Sommellier said it wasn't available on the premium package and the only place to get it was in Cellarmasters, so I was surprised to see it in Muranos.

Thank you Lois. I did try a white Cakebread by the glass in Muranos. It was the only time I ever saw a Cakebread on the 'wines by the glass' list anywhere on the ship. Very nice. :)

I asked in the MDR, after reading so many good reports about it on here, but the Sommellier said it wasn't available on the premium package and the only place to get it was in Cellarmasters, so I was surprised to see it in Muranos.

Cakebread also has a lovely chardonnay but it's not on the package since it's $15 a glass. Unfortunately since it's my favourite wine! I made do with the sauvignon blanc.

What is a poker run?

Cakebread by the glass?:eek: Never seen it on any of my sailings! I went

to Murano's last month on Century. Ahhhh....I had a a red in there.

But I know it is not on the Main dining room "by the glass list". It has

never been on there.

Susie, I am not a fan of Chardonney. I will drink it but not my first choice.

I have tried one by Lincourt which is good but usually Chardonney is

to TOO DRY for me. Ever tried La Crema? A Pinot Noir that is really

good:D

Cakebread by the glass?:eek: Never seen it on any of my sailings! I went

to Murano's last month on Century. Ahhhh....I had a a red in there.

But I know it is not on the Main dining room "by the glass list". It has

never been on there.

Susie, I am not a fan of Chardonney. I will drink it but not my first choice.

I have tried one by Lincourt which is good but usually Chardonney is

to TOO DRY for me. Ever tried La Crema? A Pinot Noir that is really

good:D

Lois, they definitely have it. My husband was ordering some very expensive wines for himself so our sommelier bent a few rules and brought the Cakebread Sauvignon Blanc into the MDR for me every night- I really appreciated it. Just ask if you don't see it. I believe it's $10 a glass but it's definitely included in the Premium Package.

I've heard of La Crema before but I don't believe I've tried their Pinot Noir. Is it onboard? I'll give it a try in January if it is.

Lois, they definitely have it. My husband was ordering some very expensive wines for himself so our sommelier bent a few rules and brought the Cakebread Sauvignon Blanc into the MDR for me every night- I really appreciated it. Just ask if you don't see it. I believe it's $10 a glass but it's definitely included in the Premium Package.

I've heard of La Crema before but I don't believe I've tried their Pinot Noir. Is it onboard? I'll give it a try in January if it is.

Yes, La Crema is on board Actually, the first time I tried it was on a

cruise:D

If I am going to drink Cakebread every night I will just buy a bottle;)

Oh, I don't usually buy a package.

Yes, La Crema is on board Actually, the first time I tried it was on a

cruise:D

If I am going to drink Cakebread every night I will just buy a bottle;)

Oh, I don't usually buy a package.

Thanks, I'll give it a try. By the way, thanks to this thread I just popped a bottle of Cakebread to go with dinner tonight :D Thanks for the idea!

I'd like to get some ideas for the list also.

And about the Mystery Dinner. No dinner but a get-together. Where can I get free ideas?

Send me your email address and I will send you list I have been making regarding the scavanger hunt. And for the Mystery Dinner...I could not find anything free worth using. I think I paid about 25.00 for the one we did. I will send you a link for the Mystery Dinner too. The other think I am doing is a Pub/Poker Crawl!

Thanks

Sheila

Send me your email address and I will send you list I have been making regarding the scavanger hunt. And for the Mystery Dinner...I could not find anything free worth using. I think I paid about 25.00 for the one we did. I will send you a link for the Mystery Dinner too. The other think I am doing is a Pub/Poker Crawl!

Thanks

Sheila

Hi, Sheila

My secondary email address is hstigercolbison@msn.com

I would appreciate seeing your list.

Thanks, Patty

Doing the cabin crawl with either a different drink in each room or many different at the end.

You get it from bringing your bottles on board at boarding having it all set up in advance.

Cabin stewards will help in that regard with glasses. Fruit drinks are in the buffet area.

The steward may even have some snacks about for you if you ask.

I had two get togethers with people from the boards in my room a few cruises back.

They all loved it.

Archived