Looking at Legend next May, need advice

Katoo

We are looking at the May 6 cruise and our thinking is that it is probably just after Spring Break and just before school is out.

Both of our past 7 day cruises have been in October, so this will be new to us.

There was a thread the other day about missing ports due to hurricanes or bad weather. For us, it's happened both times. The Valor we only saw 2 of 4 ports and the same with the Legend last October.

We are hoping to finally get to see Roatan.

Any other advice for May would be appreciated.

We are looking at the May 6 cruise and our thinking is that it is probably just after Spring Break and just before school is out.

Both of our past 7 day cruises have been in October, so this will be new to us.

There was a thread the other day about missing ports due to hurricanes or bad weather. For us, it's happened both times. The Valor we only saw 2 of 4 ports and the same with the Legend last October.

We are hoping to finally get to see Roatan.

Any other advice for May would be appreciated.

I sailed on the Legend last July and the weather was great. The ship itself was awesome and Roatan was beautiful and i'm planning to go back. I really enjoyed all the Western ports. Hurricane season is June-Nov so if you go in May you should have a better shot of good weather.

May is a great time to cruise, weather is usually good and not a lot of kids. We've been lucky, never missed a port. You'll love Roatan, possibly my favorite port. And Legend is a great ship.

"Legend" is an outstanding ship, with a fantastic crew! May should be a great month to cruise. The chances of a storm at that time of year are very slim indeed. I say,,,GO FOR IT! :cool:

"SKY"

We've cruised on the Legend that same week in May for the last two years. Both times the weather was perfect and the seas were smooth as glass the whole way.

This is a slow time of year for cruising. In both cases the ship was less crowded than normal since it sailed well below full capacity. If you booked ES, there's a good chance you'll get some price breaks as the cruise gets closer and/or the opportunity for some really nice cheap upgrades.

The Legend is a wonderful ship and May is a wonderful time to cruise on her. Have a wonderful vacation.

We have a growing group that is booked for the May 6 cruise and chose that date due to lesser chance of a lot of kids and better chance of good weather and the ports are exciting addition for usm were on Miracle so we love that class of ship and are looking forward to our cruise

We went two years ago in May on the Legend....To date our best cruise:

Best Ship

Best Itinerary

Best Embarkation/Debarkation

Best Port - Roatan

You will enjoy yourself on this cruise. Have fun.

Archived