Tenders on Marina

mlc38a

Hi Mura,

Unfortunately, that is what i'm worried about. I guess we'll just have to do our best. We are on the Marina and will likely have a few tender ports and one of them is Sorrento.

Once you were called to the tender, did it take very long to get ashore?

Linda

It was a quick trip once we were loaded. Given that we met our guide at 9am and I believe we were called at 8:40 or so, it would be 20 minutes.

I would just allow more time than we did. We would have gone in earlier if I hadn't been told that 8am was fine. If we'd been 5-10 minutes earlier, we probably would have made that early tender.

If I were doing this again I would still ask their advice and then go in earlier than recommended!

Good luck. Maybe we just had a bad day!

We have a cruise on the Marina coming up with multiple tender ports.

Does it help if you are conceirge class?

Can you get tender tickets from the conceirge if you have an early private tour?

Thanks

I don't recall anyone doing that on the two Marina cruises that we travelled on. It is probably due to the way they issue the tender tickets based upon the capacity of the tender and the number of tenders in the quay waiting to be boarded. The plastic tickets are color coded and there is only one ticket of each color for each seat. I think that is to avoid folks from trying to sneak into the line or do a chat 'n cut to the line.

It was a quick trip once we were loaded. Given that we met our guide at 9am and I believe we were called at 8:40 or so, it would be 20 minutes.

I would just allow more time than we did. We would have gone in earlier if I hadn't been told that 8am was fine. If we'd been 5-10 minutes earlier, we probably would have made that early tender.

If I were doing this again I would still ask their advice and then go in earlier than recommended!

Good luck. Maybe we just had a bad day!

Mura,

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I will head your advice and pass it on to our groups. 15 minutes early is better than waiting an additional 1/2 hour or more.. and thanks for the good luck wishes.

Linda

Archived