Rebooking onboard for someone else?

Was wondering if someone could clear this up for me. I know you can't buy a FCC for someone else and I know that if you book onboard you get the friends & family certificates. My question is, say while I am on my next cruise I want to book a cruise while onboard for someone else completely, while also obtaining a FCC for myself. Can I do this with CCL? I have done it in the past on DCL (the re-booking onboard for someone else a cabin that has absolutely nothing to do with me), thats why I am wondering. I would have the other person's info and credit card to do this onboard. TIA!!:D

Why would you want to rebook someone onboard the ship if you cant get any onboard credit for them.. why not do it from home before or after?

You probably could book a cruise in someone else's name, but the reps who work at home to me are more trained in booking.

Why would you want to rebook someone onboard the ship if you cant get any onboard credit for them.. why not do it from home before or after?

You probably could book a cruise in someone else's name, but the reps who work at home to me are more trained in booking.

Oh sorry, I was under the impression that re-booking onboard got you the same credit as using a FCC. So if I re-booked onboard instead of just getting a FCC I wouldn't get any OBC either? That's crazy. I just assumed that there was an incentive to re-booking while on the ship.

Archived