Honeymoon - QM2

stacey82

Hi

We are going for our first Cunard cruise next week on the Queen Mary 2. And i am very excited! :p

The only thing that is tarnishing it slightly is Cunards (via our travel agent) attitude to our honeymoon.

We got married in Feb but were unable to honeymoon straight away. I advised the travel agent it was our honeymoon, and they requested marriage cert. They then came back and said as we did not get married in the last two months then Cunard will not recognise our honeymoon :confused:

I wasn't looking for upgrades to the Queens grill, just purely staff to know.

Having then further read many reviews, i noticed that other passengers have had bubbly, fruit baskets, cakes, etc for birthdays, normal wedding anniverarys even cause someone retired!

Just feel a bit down at the attitude. I am excited about my honeymoon and i just wanted staff to add to the excitment iyswim.

I understand how you feel. Unfortunately though, cunard has done away with the Honeymoon/Anniversary packages. They used to require you to show proof via your marriage license & it did have to be within 2 months of the wedding date, which is why your travel agent may have asked you for this. This past year Cunard did away with this packages and folks are finding out via word of mouth.

Only reason I'm aware is thru word of mouth since I will also be on a sailing for my honeymoon in July.

Safe travels, wish I had better news! Enjoy the journey! :D

Hi

We are going for our first Cunard cruise next week on the Queen Mary 2. And i am very excited! :p

The only thing that is tarnishing it slightly is Cunards (via our travel agent) attitude to our honeymoon.

We got married in Feb but were unable to honeymoon straight away. I advised the travel agent it was our honeymoon, and they requested marriage cert. They then came back and said as we did not get married in the last two months then Cunard will not recognise our honeymoon :confused:

I wasn't looking for upgrades to the Queens grill, just purely staff to know.

Having then further read many reviews, i noticed that other passengers have had bubbly, fruit baskets, cakes, etc for birthdays, normal wedding anniverarys even cause someone retired!

Just feel a bit down at the attitude. I am excited about my honeymoon and i just wanted staff to add to the excitment iyswim.

Stacey it is unfortunate that your honeymoon won't be recognised by the ship. However, I fully understand their position and really don't blame them.

What you need to do is mention the fact to your cabin steward/butler and someone in your restaurant. Tell them you are on honeymoon :) People will go the extra mile where a generous tip is involved. I'm sure you would recognise that someone had gone out of their way just for you and reward them accordingly.

What cruise are you going on?

I'm really sorry you won't get the extras. We had our honeymoon on QM2 2 years ago & had the extra bits. I agree that if you mention, you may get some additional perks.

But I'm sure you will have a wonderful time - just make sure your new husband doesn't leave his wedding ring in the hotel (like my DH did!)

Hi

I wasn't looking for upgrades to the Queens grill,just purely staff to know.

stacey82;29397986, Happy 4 months anniversary! Sorry that you you feel your delayed honeymoom has been slightly tarnished by your travel agent and/or Cunard. You wrote that you "just purely staff to know" - so write notes to the staff so they know:). Just curious, but what 'staff' are you talking about?

Bon voyage and happy marriage,

Salacia

P.S. You mentioned that you are taking a cuise next week on QM2. Would that be a trans-atlantic crossing?

It isn't the case that the ship has refused to take note of your honeymoon. Shoreside has.

I'm sure that if you were to tip the wink to the Maitre D' you'd get a few perks. And I don't see the need to bribe with a good tip either - they are professional enough to do a good job for the sake of a good job.

Doesn't hurt to give them a special thank you afterwards, of course.

I think celebrations on Cunard are down to a cake after dinner in the MDR.

Many many many years ago, we celebrated an anniversary on a QE2 cruise. I think it may have been our 15th or 20th. We got a cake, and I don't remember if the waiters sang. A couple at a nearby table got a bottle of champagne. We noticed each other's "gift" and they asked us how long we were married. We told them, and the man laughed and said we were just "babies." They were married 50 years. And next thing we know, he called for extra glasses, and we shared their anniversary champagne. (I always assumed it was a gift from Cunard, as it arrived after dinner, the same time as the cakes.)

It's one of my favorite cruise memories. We're not close to 50, but I hope someday we can share a 50th anniversary bottle of bubbly with a young couple on a cruise, and pass on the good wishes of that lovely couple.

We actually sailed on our anniversary date last year, but Cunard said as we had bought a discounted trip they wouldn't do the anniversary stuff for us. At dinner,we ordered champagne for the table to celebrate with us,and the waiter tipped somebody the wink as a cake was produced for us after dinner..

Hi there

As it's your honeymoon, you might like to treat yourselves to dinner in Todd English one evening. It is $30 extra each but I think you'll find it will be worth the additional cost. The food is superb and is Mediterranean influenced. Why not book the table for one of the formal nights for that extra special bit of atmosphere? Beforehand, I would recommend enjoying a glass of champagne in the Veuve Cliquot bar.

Have a great time!

PS If you do decide to book Todd English, I would do so sooner rather than later to get your preferred choice of date and time.

Hi there

As it's your honeymoon, you might like to treat yourselves to dinner in Todd English one evening. It is $30 extra each but I think you'll find it will be worth the additional cost. The food is superb and is Mediterranean influenced. Why not book the table for one of the formal nights for that extra special bit of atmosphere? Beforehand, I would recommend enjoying a glass of champagne in the Veuve Cliquot bar.

Have a great time!

PS If you do decide to book Todd English, I would do so sooner rather than later to get your preferred choice of date and time.

Kynance, that's a very nice idea. But based on my experience, the menu in the MDR is a bit better on formal nights than it is on other nights; the atmosphere is also different. If I were to dine in TE again, I'd book it on a casual or semi formal night - depending on when there was a table available in a location I preferred. Cheers, -S.

If I were to dine in TE again, I'd book it on a casual or semi formal night

How about for a lunch? That way you don't have to miss dinner:D Besides being cheaper I actually found their lunch to be better than dinner.

Archived