Weekend Cruise on NCL Star

TinaT

We really had fun on the two day CTN out of Los Angeles. There are some differences, though.

They closed all the hot tubs, even the ones in the Spa. I don't know if this is typical of a CTN, but was a bit disappointed there.

I would not do a one day, because it's not really like a cruise, just more like going out clubbing! But on the two day you get that one full day of cruising, it's sweet!

You can take a suite and get most of the perks I love about NCL. It's really worth it. About the only difference I noticed was that they cleaned out the mini bar for the CTN. The butler seemed a bit disengaged, but the concierge was terrific.

There is a bit more of the fever pitch, pax trying to do everything at once, but we still had a great time!

Did my first ever CTN on the Gem. Now this is for a One Day:

There is no checked luggage service, only carry on. There is one show only, the refrigerator (honor bar) was locked. Our bed was already turned down when the cabin was ready and we never saw the steward. I do know he came in at least once as the ice bucket was filled and a towel I hung was re-hung "properly".

The ship was full of Bachelorette parties, veils everywhere.

You do not need a passport or birth certificate, only picture ID. There is only "Tax Free" shopping not Duty Free and you can buy as much tobacco and booze as you want, there is NO customs inspection when you get off. All the signs in the shops said "We'll Pay The Tax For You, Buy as much as you want".

Matter of fact getting off the ship was so simple, you actually exit into the embarkation hall, you don't go down to the first floor for customs and immigration.

I felt service was SLOWER in the dining rooms for all meals and even Blue Laggon felt slower, we put it up to the fact is was a CTN and none of the service people were expecting any extra tip over the standard service charge.

That's how we felt, your mileage may differ. We would do a CTN again. We're thinking of trying Carnival Miracle 2 day CTN in October out of NYC.

FWIW

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info guys! Im still up in the air about this one.. My friend and I were looking to do something to celebrate our 30 year friendship next year and I came up with this idea.. But the more I read about it the more I wanna book it.. lol

Archived