If you could change anything about Carnival?

DZNYROX

I feel they should release the new loyalty program, whatever that my be. So many people have done a bunch of weekend cruises to make Platinum, it not mean much anymore. Their are so many that VIP boarding has become a huge line of people stuffed in a small room trying to check in. We actually looked at the line for the VIP boarding and left our friends on that line and got on the regular line (there were less people on the regular line)- we were on the ship before them. With 20 Carnival cruises, the amount of people now using the VIP rooms and lines have made those perks not so meaningful.

We always stayed with Carnival, not only because we like cruising them but the fact that once you are getting the perks, it is nice to stay. With the new crowds of Platinum people, we are now looking to other lines, as Platinum is quickly becoming overwhelmed and there is nothing really to keep your loyalty after that, milestone is hardly a perk at 25% off one cruise from cruise number 25-49.

That is just our opinion, that is what we would change.

Edited by viaggi_per_mare

It is cheaper to cruise Carnival now then 15 years ago. Just saw a Kathie Lee commerical and it said 3 day cruises starting at $399.00. We've gone on 5 day cruises for $189.00 on the Elation. I don't think they need to change anything. Also RCI does not have fresh water pools on all their ships, just the newer ones.

Well I'm happy that they will be changing the decor of the cabins on the Breeze -- that's a start.

My only real complaint is the pools. There should be 2 pools located on Lido Deck and one in Serenity. Especially for the Dream class where guest capacity is huge! Serenity gets VERY hot, so a pool close by would be very refreshing and the people don't have to worry about kids doing cannon balls next to them.

I am a true believer in "You get what you pay for". We are platinum on RCCL and NCL. But will take our 3rd Carnival criuse next month. The price allows us to bring a friend for our DD9 to hang out with.So we have two adjoining balconies for a little less than an RCCL cruise.

That being said, our first cruise was Carnival 20 years ago. The quality of the entertainment is laughable. Our last Carnival cruise was New Years Eve. There were two nights with absolutely NO entertainment. The piano bar had no player, there was no show on the main stage and the pool area was closed. It was very dissapointing. We just sat in the lobby bar talking. And the fact they rely on a boombox for Lido deck entertainment is laughable.

But for the price, you get what you get

Eliminate all smoking. I know this will not happen in the next couple of years, however, the public's tolerance of smokers has gotten smaller and smaller. I expect it to evaporate by 2015.

Doc

Love your sig!

I agree about the single supplement, the pins, the prices, & would add-- more West Coast Cruises (I wouldn't mind an 8-day to go to Canada, then San Fran & the wine Country!) They did a great Swine Flu cruise & I wanted to be a part of that-- maybe they should alternate Mexico & N. CA coast).

What should be change OH boy For me it will be;

1) NEW MANAGEMENT make carnival more friendy

2)add new island tours. Getting tired of the same Islands

3)Longer stay at the ports of call A full day or even overnight

4)Public Annoucements Drop the ads and unimportant annoucements and add annoucements like port departure, times of activies change of events and have them heard all over the ship.

5) Bring back the ships pins or sell them at the ships store.

6)BRING BACK THE CARNIVAL BROCHURES. Use to have 4 now only one which is falling apart. Can bring them to work, but cannot use the computers.Carnival has lost a good amount of group cruisers because of this

7) help personal from Cruise Critic to form a meet and greet party Try to form one and see what fun you have. Keep tabs on how many handoffs and phone numbers you get (all to another another department) and/or put on hold

Had plans for a 14 Bal cabin rerunion planned for Dec. 2012 Call to get info on beat way to book and a meeting place for a party Got passed around and a ton of BULL S**T. So good by Carnival and Hello NCL.

Paul

>> They should offer single/solo rates and also be more group friendly...too hard to get a group together with their silly 30 day rule

>> Bring back better bands....I loved the cover bands, the "old' reggae bands....now it is all cheapened out

>>> Bring back taste of nations....my last cruise on valor we only had a couple different choices, all the buffet lines the same (american 2x, italian 2x, caribbean 2x,and 1 french day)

>> bring back a real show instead of cheezing out one night with the not so newlywed cheapo game with it's folding chairs...that used to be daytime fun but is not a real show at night

As with anything - everyone has different opinions and feel each cruiseline could change tghings here and there - I think they are still doing a good job and I believe you are getting what you pay for. The 1 thing that bothered me the most on my cruise last week was the way people dressed for the MDR each night. I have no problem with shorts, if they are dressier / bermuda style Vs cargo / cut off's. And women should not be allowed to wear shorts that do not cover everything into the dining room. :eek:

I agree, only cruised once with Legend, great ship. What do people want, it works out about $100 per night per person, plus tips. Travel is not what it used to be. I do remember airlines being so expensive only the rich could travel, as with the ships. Now we ALL can travel. Food was nothing to complain about, especially in the dining room, and yes, people should have to dress better in the dining room. As for the music, again, for the price, what do you want. The shows were fabulous. The adult only area was great, and yes I agree, the chair hoggers, were advised over the PA that after 20 minutes your belongings and towels would be removed, and yes, I saw this happen, so good on Legend. Again, if you want to be able to travel, with family or kids, then I doubt you would want to be paying 10,000.00 or more. cheers and I loved the cruise in every way.

Cruisenanny, oops

They can make one dining room anytime time dining and have the comfort foods added to this dining room menu..... and keep the other dining room assigned time with no comfort foods?? What you think?

Im sorry but fried chicken and meatloaf belongs in the buffet not in a dining room along with the ribs, burgers and such.

Honestly, I much rather have them especially on the older ships add a specialty restaurant, take one dining room and it can easily be divided with divider inside and split the dining room...one side with comfort foods the other become a specialty restaurant and still have their dining room with the regular menu.

Cruisenanny, oops

They can make one dining room anytime time dining and have the comfort foods added to this dining room menu..... and keep the other dining room assigned time with no comfort foods?? What you think?

Im sorry but fried chicken and meatloaf belongs in the buffet not in a dining room along with the ribs, burgers and such.

Why does it matter which dining room the comfort food is served in? Why do burgers belong in the dining room but not comfort food? Personally, I could care less what food is served where. I order what I want off the menu & don't pay attention to what other diners are ordering. If they want to order meatloaf & I want steak, who cares?

Cruisenanny, oops

I'm perfectly fine with these items as long as the regular items are there also. If they start to take them away then I would agree you have a point. I'm certainly not going to be offended by seeing them on the menu:p

Why does it matter which dining room the comfort food is served in? Why do burgers belong in the dining room but not comfort food? Personally, I could care less what food is served where. I order what I want off the menu & don't pay attention to what other diners are ordering. If they want to order meatloaf & I want steak, who cares?

hmm. remind me why the good food is served in the steakhouse again?

We strayed over to RCL and did a 7 day on Oasis. Frankly we were not impressed with the standard food in MDR. Did not think it was of quality on Carnival. We did two of their specialty rest and one was way bad!! Realize food is a matter of personal taste so I don't argue with people who like one line vs the other on that point.

Tired of hearing people ranting about a smoke free ship or line - let's get real-- not going to happen. Yes I have heard all the arguements and I am a considerate smoker so I have a problem with being lumped with those who aren't.

What I would truly like to see changed is how Platinum members are treated. And by that I mean "treated." They should be welcomed with a certain degree of enthusiasm and "made over a bit. " When we go to the platinum ck in it's not much different than the regular line except we don't have to play the cattle call lines anymore. This wouldn't cost Carnival anything - just act like being paltinum matters for goodness sakes.

While I am glad we get a few little perks --- pinot fors and a cooler or what ever these things are pretty lame in the final analysis. How about reserve seating for the shows (to include comedy shows) - that would be nice (not behind the poles thank you) or how about early seating for dinner - by which I mean let platinums in before the crowds - I hate standing outside the doors to the MDR with 500 or so of my closest friends all jocking to be first in the door.

As for chging the requirements for Platinum status - not an issue with us we have been there for a while. Those who complain they have been on X number of 7 day cruises had the same opportunity to do the 3 or 4 or 5 day cruises others had

Cruisenanny, oops

How about ribs in anytime dining, hot dogs and burgers in early traditional dining, and fried chicken in late traditional dining? Better yet, why not keep all items on all menus and give diners the choice to order it or not? If you don't want it, don't order it. :cool:

Honestly, I much rather have them especially on the older ships add a specialty restaurant, take one dining room and it can easily be divided with divider inside and split the dining room...one side with comfort foods the other become a specialty restaurant and still have their dining room with the regular menu.

They cant just take away 1/4 of their no charge dining space & start to charge for it! When a ship is at full capacity the MDR's can pretty much just accommodate everyone. So if 1/4 of the passengers didn't choose the specialty restaurant or the buffet for dinner some people would be SOL for the "free" dinner.. Can you imagine??:eek:

As for chging the requirements for Platinum status - not an issue with us we have been there for a while. Those who complain they have been on X number of 7 day cruises had the same opportunity to do the 3 or 4 or 5 day cruises others had

I don't think the argument is opportunity. I think it has to do with being rewarded for actual cruising with Carnival. If someone does a 18-TA cruise in a balcony cabin, I would think that passenger should get more rewards points than someone who books an inside for a 3-day Bahamas cruise.

I feel they should release the new loyalty program, whatever that my be. So many people have done a bunch of weekend cruises to make Platinum, it not mean much anymore. Their are so many that VIP boarding has become a huge line of people stuffed in a small room trying to check in. We actually looked at the line for the VIP boarding and left our friends on that line and got on the regular line (there were less people on the regular line)- we were on the ship before them. With 20 Carnival cruises, the amount of people now using the VIP rooms and lines have made those perks not so meaningful.

We always stayed with Carnival, not only because we like cruising them but the fact that once you are getting the perks, it is nice to stay. With the new crowds of Platinum people, we are now looking to other lines, as Platinum is quickly becoming overwhelmed and there is nothing really to keep your loyalty after that, milestone is hardly a perk at 25% off one cruise from cruise number 25-49.

That is just our opinion, that is what we would change.

I agree 100%---John Heald has been saying for over 2 years now they are going to re-vamp the loyalty program----yeah right.

Bring back BD !!!!!!

Yes, there have been some changes....

to date, they have not affected me.

The "orchestra" that is now a stage band has always just been a filler for accompaniment tracks for the shows. Only the size changed....

the food is fine for the price...

I don't care if the reggie band is two people or 12, I never listen to them.

While I still pleased with the product, IF I could change one thing...it would be the clientele. Because Carnival is so inexpensive, it tends to draw the CHEAP...and there is a difference.

I prefer not to sail with folks that would not understand "cruising for dummies" if it was read to them ...

I agree 100%---John Heald has been saying for over 2 years now they are going to re-vamp the loyalty program----yeah right.

Bring back BD !!!!!!

AMEN to tired of waiting!!!

Cruisenanny, oops

First off, this is not a flame so please don't take it that way. I'm only giving my opinion. I personally wouldn't think of putting a snail (escargo) in my mouth but I see no reason to take it off the menu or only offer it in the steakhouse restaurants just because I don't like it. That's what a menu is for...variety.

Have you ever tried the fried chicken? The night I had it, there wasn't anything on the menu that appealed to me so I tried it. It's delicious.

I enjoyed it more than I would have had I tried something that didn't appeal to me.