Carnival Free Cruise SCAM

spacewoman

Not only did we get the postcard I just got but we get debt consolidation, eliminate your credit card debt, get a reverse mortgage, we'll help you lower your property taxes (BOY I WISH), you're military we'll get you a good mortgage, we're overstocked on new cars, and on and on. At least the bulk mail is keeping my brother working:D

Just giving those who were thinking this might be a good thing a heads up. I figured I'd get other posts with the truth behind the whole thing.

Sad part is there are those who will believe it is nothing but the truth. Those folks you could sell an ice fishing trip in the Florida Everglades to. My SIL is one of them.

Edited by spacewoman

• 2 years later...

:) Heads up on the free 7 nights and 8 day cruise for 2 scam.. I just got the same exact "Award Notification" with Norwegian as the new token line.. And they are throwing in a Chevron $100 Gas Rebate Voucher to boot..

Run quickly, run far and stay away from this scam..

:) Heads up on the free 7 nights and 8 day cruise for 2 scam.. I just got the same exact "Award Notification" with Norwegian as the new token line.. And they are throwing in a Chevron $100 Gas Rebate Voucher to boot..

Run quickly, run far and stay away from this scam..

This thread is from 2011....

It's because of this "scam", that many were suspicious when the real deal started happening. So now, you need to know how to ID between the scam and the real deal. If in doubt, check your VIFP account in the carnival.com website.

I just want to remind everyone that Carnival has sent cards that look like the old airplane tickets and letters offering a free cruise cabin. I did throw the cards in the trash, but luckily gave the letter a better look and found it was true! The key for me was that the letter included my VIFP Club number. I was still hesitant, but called Carnival and verified the validity of the offer. I found out afterwards that the offer was actually on my VIFP account on the website.

Happy cruising everyone!