Solstice AQ: Bigger balconies?(1547/1554)

John73

I'm booked on the Solstice for July in an Aqua Class cabin. I'm currently in a 'normal' cabin on the starboard side about mid-rearship (1634). I noticed today that 1547 and 15547 are both available. Do both of these have the larger balcony? Are they worth it for the slightly longer walk to the rear of the ship and it's restaurants and martini bar?

1547 has nearly a triple sized balcony and 1554 a nearly double sized balcony, however both have some obstruction from window washing equipment. 1554 has the larger obstruction, so 1547 is definitely the better of these two if you want to go with a larger balcony.

Edited by Gonzo70

The window washing goodie is on 1549, but it is not a big deal.

1554 and 1549 are both homes to window washing equipment; the obstruction spills over a bit to the staterooms next door to these. I'd take the larger balcony in exchange for a minor obstruction, but some would rather have a normal sized balcony and no obstruction.

We had 1547 last year and liked it so much we have booked it again this July. The balcony is a great size, particularly if one of you likes the sun and the other (like me) needs to avoid crisping. It didn't seem a very long walk back to the restaurants, and being by the forward lifts seemed to help in "rush hour" for dinner, as they were often quieter. The window washing equipment next door didn't bother us (it's just a metal cage), but if you are an avid photographer, you might notice it more when looking aft.

• 2 weeks later...

What kind of obstruction are we talking about? Does anyone have a photo?

Will the equipment likely be in the same spot on Silhouette (i.e. is it a permanent spot or was it just put in these cabins randomly?)

1554 and 1549 are both homes to window washing equipment; the obstruction spills over a bit to the staterooms next door to these. I'd take the larger balcony in exchange for a minor obstruction, but some would rather have a normal sized balcony and no obstruction.

It really is nothing.

• 3 years later...