Will Carnival give me the lower rate if the fare decreases?

ALadyNCal

A family member is organizing a group cruise for July 2006. Her group ID and pricing is direct from Carnival.

My question: If the fare goes down over the next year, will Carnival give the lower fare to the group reservations? I know my own TA would honor the lower fare.

Thanks! :)

A family member is organizing a group cruise for July 2006. Her group ID and pricing is direct from Carnival.

My question: If the fare goes down over the next year, will Carnival give the lower fare to the group reservations? I know my own TA would honor the lower fare.

Thanks! :)

More than likely the "group" rate is already the lowest fare possible. In some instances a PVP will grant the pax the lower rate if they haven't passed the magical 60 or 90 days before the cruise (whenever final payment is due).

I cruise last minute so I don't know the exact timing on this.

Incidentally, if the fares on your particular cruise tended to go up, would you be willing to pay more for it next summer? :D

Since it is for a summer cruise, I would say that you would be better off booking with the group rates. Since summer is part of the peak season, the summer cruise prices tend to go up higher and higher as you get closer to the cruise date. For my cruise this June on the Valor, my group rates for an 8A are almost $400pp lower than the current rates.

Guest nhrich

Carnival's last stated policy for groups said that if you got a price drop on a group rate, you'd lose any other group amenities.

Since it's during peak season and prices lately have been going up, I'd suggest grabbing the group price.

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

If the price were to drop, not likely, however you can ask for an onboard credit for each paying passenger. Beware, Carnival wants to make your experience with them a pleasant one, therefore negotiation is a plus. Why not find out from them now as to whether they would honor some time of credit or additional amentie. I am willing to bet they would give you an amenitie.

Archived