Earliest Check in time on Dawn in Boston

I think 10 might be tough. I would think more in the 11 to 11:30 range if the previous week cruisers are off efficiently. Maybe someone has had a different experience, but I've usually boarded sometime after 11:30.

Does anyone know what the earliest time to check in on the Dawn in Boston? I know online it says 12. My brother is dropping us off at the port and might need to drop us off at 10am. Any help would be great! Thanks!!

No worries if your early, people watch. :)

Depending on how much luggage you have, you could have drop you off at South Station instead and spend an hour-ish in the open seating area - there's a mini-food court so you can get something light to eat if you want. Then take the Silver Line for $2/pp to the port. I'll be doing that.

I'm not sure what the port's waiting area is like, so SouthStation may be more comfortable especially if it's an hour or 2 before you can check in & board.

But then, I don't mind walking around the South Station 'lobby' checking out the bookstore kiosk and whatever 'public art' is on exhibit while having an Au Bon Pain orange scone & coffee while everyone else is rushing off to work :)

Depending on how much luggage you have, you could have drop you off at South Station instead and spend an hour-ish in the open seating area - there's a mini-food court so you can get something light to eat if you want. Then take the Silver Line for $2/pp to the port. I'll be doing that.

:)

What stop do you get off of from the silver line? how far is it to walk with luggage?

my earlier post i was not sure how to use the quote

I think the stop is the design center, Be careful which silver line bus you take. you can ask the driver and he will tell you if that bus goes to the design center. It isn't too far to walk but if you have heavy luggage, it will seem a lot longer than it really is. We got there at about 11:30 10 days ago. We had to wait maybe 5 minutes and they called us to board. Just be aware there is no parking lot to park in that doesn't charge near the port. If your relative is picking you up at the end of the cruise, it is CRAZY in there. What should have taken DD 2 minutes was more like 15 because of the traffic. If you are familiar with Logan dropoff at the busiest times, triple it and that comes somewhat near the congestion.

Thanks for all the quick replies! I'm alittle of an overpacker so it would be a pain to go somewhere else with our luggage. I remember the craziness of getting off the ship last time in Boston! We got off on the latest time last time and it wasn't as bad as some friends that had gotten off earlier.

The Silver Line 2 will pull right up in front of the Black Falcon Pier. As long as you are looking to the left and see the big ships, you cant miss it:D.

The traffic is really bad around the port as people will circle and circle until their parties come out. There is a cell phone lot nearby if people do not want to circle or if you have them meet a block or two away you will save yourselves a major headache.

I'm so glad that we're just driving in. There are 5 of us going together and figure it's easier/cheaper just to park in there. We're trying to figure the best time for my parents to leave the Cape to meet us and then drive in. I'm getting SO excited that this is getting so close :)

Archived