marina promenade deck???

Jacques O

The area forward of the life boats, on Deck 6, shown as a blank space on the deck plans, are the Crew Quarters. They are totally enclosed:

In the photograph below, you can see the emergency exit/door which leads from the Crew accomodations onto the lifeboat deck. It is just to the left of the name of the ship.

Hi Jimandstan !

Thanks for your detailed information and the pix. I thought the forward section was allowed to passengers!!! I now can see why it's not. I will probably find it odd not to find an 'embarkation/ promenade' deck!

Jacques (sailing in a month's time!)

JimandStan, thanks for the picture, and I'm guessing you mean the dark brown framed area, but I'm not sure.

Sorry about the confusion, I always assume that everyone can read deck plans at least as well as I can.

000456.jpg

The pointy end of the ship (on the right in this diagram)is the front or bow of the ship.

At the bow of deck 6 is the open foredeck

074153.jpg

Which is a working area of the ship and not open to passengers or to crew, unless they are working.

Just behind (or, in our diagram "to the left of") the foredeck are the crew quarters, which run from the foredeck back to the forward elevator lobby.

Archived