Please help with Bermuda Bus Route question

ERNLYN

Would very much appreciate some thought on the following;

Considering trying to get from Royal Navy Dockyard to St George as early as possible on a weekday. Is it possible to take bus # 7 or 8 from RND to Paget Parish and transfer (with comb bus/ferry pass) to bus # 1 the rest of the way to St George???

If so how long would you think it would take?

Or will I have to go from RND to Hamilton and take a bus from Hamilton to St George?

I'm sure a taxi would cost an arm and a leg.......

My suggestion would be to take the first ferry (Blue Route) that leaves the Dockyard to Hamilton at 7:30A. This is not a direct ferry but it puts you in Hamilton by 8:15A. Then take a taxi from Hamilton to St George. If the bus does that run in 50 minutes according to the schedule, I would think a taxi could do it in 25-30 minutes. I would estimate the taxi fare to be at least $30.00 for 1 to 4 passengers, weekday travel.

The only other option would be to walk from the ferry terminal to the Hamilton bus terminal and take a route #11 bus to SG at 8:45A. The bus does that run in 50 minutes according to the bus schedule.

Of course if being in SG early is not a requirement, you could take the Dockyard to SG ferry (Orange Route) at 10:00A, arriving in SG at about 10:45A

SBtS

I agree with Sailbad. The fastest way is the direct ferry. The, depending on when I needed to be back, I would take the 10 or 11 back to Hamilton and catch the ferry back to Dockyard. If you're on a one day call, that may be tough.

Actually there are 3 permanent buildings (Visitor Information Centres) where you can purchase Transportation Passes. There is one on each wharf and one located just past the ferry dock. Also, I believe there may be a trailer set between the 2 wharves where they can be purchased.

SBtS

And head for the trailer looking white building between the two ships. Much shorter line. Passes are also available at the hexagonal building that is just past the ferry docks ( that has souvenirs for sale). The lines right off the ship were long and slow! Good luck!

Archived