Drinks package

suzie8421

Hi, can anyone give me an update account of whats on the drinks package? I've heard so many different things i don't know what to believe. Do you get Cider in the package?? And someone told me you only get the cocktail of the day and none of the other cocktails

Anyone who is just back able to tell me ??

Thanks x

Hi, returned yesterday from I. E. Cider isn't included. Lager, lots of cocktails and local spirits - gin, rum etc are included. Will have a look tomorrow to see if i still have the list. Sure you will find something on there you like. Have a lovely time.

Hi, can anyone give me an update account of whats on the drinks package? I've heard so many different things i don't know what to believe. Do you get Cider in the package?? And someone told me you only get the cocktail of the day and none of the other cocktails

Anyone who is just back able to tell me ??

Thanks x

Hi returned 31st May. :D

As has been said Cider is not included. House brands of Whisky, Rum, Gin, Vodka & white Tequila are included. Also Napoleon Brandy, Boddingtons, Lager, Cola, Sprite, Orange Soda (all by the glass), all unfrozen non Alcoholic Cocktail. Then Cocktails of the day listed in Island Chat & Cocktails listed as "All time favourites" & "Tropical Toasts" as listed in onboard bar menu, Red, Rose & White house wine by the glass & Port Wine. Water, fruit juices, kids drinks & mixers also included by the glass. Hope this helps.

We really enjoyed our 2 week cruise & would be glad to answer any questions you have if I can. Will write a report later.

Hope you have a great time. Mo. :)

Thanks guys, was starting to think having the drinks package was a waste but now i'm happy! i'll just drink cocktails. Another stupid question but do you know if they had lime cordial behind the bar?? I also drink vodka, lemonade and lime so would be good if they had it. If not do you think they will moan if i take lime cordial on board?

Thanks again xx

Thanks guys, was starting to think having the drinks package was a waste but now i'm happy! i'll just drink cocktails. Another stupid question but do you know if they had lime cordial behind the bar?? I also drink vodka, lemonade and lime so would be good if they had it. If not do you think they will moan if i take lime cordial on board?

Thanks again xx

Some of the cocktails have lime in them so they must have it in some form. :)

• 4 weeks later...

As has been said Cider is not included.

House brands of Whisky, Rum, Gin, Vodka & white Tequila are included.

Also Napoleon Brandy, Boddingtons, Lager, Cola, Sprite, Orange Soda (all by the glass), all unfrozen non Alcoholic Cocktail.

Then Cocktails of the day listed in Island Chat & Cocktails listed as "All time favourites" & "Tropical Toasts" as listed in onboard bar menu, Red, Rose & White house wine by the glass & Port Wine.

Water, fruit juices, kids drinks & mixers also included by the glass. Hope this helps.

We really enjoyed our 2 week cruise.

Hope you have a great time. Mo. :)

For Snowball. This was taken from the list we were given on arrival.

Mo. :)

We found the House wine was quite drinkable....I had cocktail of the day most evenings....John had Captain Morgan's rum and coke and had to pay a supplement of 20p so even the branded shorts could be quite cheap....:)

Hi HL, whenever I snuck a pint of cider in when her indoors was sunbathing the bar staff always told me that I had to pay for this :mad: as it was on the premium list? ********s so I stuck to Boddingtons (yuck) then Stella then Sam Migual on draught then cocktails then cocktails then wine..oeerrrrrr I did drink a lot :D

Last year I gave Dino a tip, not this year though. I think he has gone up a rank on the bar managers list :eek: also every time we saw him he was mostly in the sportsbar. Sasucca or was it Sassua (sp) was the main man this year in the "pub" he was very very good and a dab hand at card tricks..where he kept everyone amused in the afternoon in the afternoons, we have know him for 4 years now.

• 8 months later...
For Pinkx.

And 'bump' again! :D 22nd of May will be our second week. Really looking forward to our 2 weeks! :)

Mo.

Thank you! I am SOOOOO excited!! I went on Thomson Destiny last year and the reviews were awful and I loved it so Im pretty sure I'm going to enjoy it this year! counting down the days!

2 weeks wow that'll be great! we picked the 22nd sailing for Cannes I want to go to Sephora and do some shopping!

I read somewhere that cans of soft drink weren't included? if it's draught Im not bothered but just found it a bit strange after last year destiny had all canned soft drinks? As long as I can have my cocktail of the day I'll be happy :-)

Hi there, just book Island Escape and was wondering if anyone can tell me if they have a wine package? We've been on Thomson cruises before and last year on the Destiny they were offering various different wine packages onboard, like buy 5 bottles and get one free. Thanks for any info.

Thank you! I am SOOOOO excited!! I went on Thomson Destiny last year and the reviews were awful and I loved it so Im pretty sure I'm going to enjoy it this year! counting down the days!

2 weeks wow that'll be great! we picked the 22nd sailing for Cannes I want to go to Sephora and do some shopping!

I read somewhere that cans of soft drink weren't included? if it's draught Im not bothered but just found it a bit strange after last year destiny had all canned soft drinks? As long as I can have my cocktail of the day I'll be happy :-)

Hi Pinkx!

Cans of soft drink were not included. Plenty of cocktails - both alcoholic & non-alcoholic.

I have no experience of any other ships and would have cancelled our first cruise had it not been for the comments on here, one of which of course was RR! Thank goodness I stuck with it. I had no regrets.

Maybe somehow see you on board!! :D

Hi Pinkx!

Cans of soft drink were not included. Plenty of cocktails - both alcoholic & non-alcoholic.

I have no experience of any other ships and would have cancelled our first cruise had it not been for the comments on here, one of which of course was RR! Thank goodness I stuck with it. I had no regrets.

Maybe somehow see you on board!! :D

If not cans then what kind of soft drink? Is it branded?

Seems weird, even though they keep them separate you'd think they'd use the same supplier for drinks...

As has been said Cider is not included. House brands of Whisky, Rum, Gin, Vodka & white Tequila are included. Also Napoleon Brandy, Boddingtons, Lager, Cola, Sprite, Orange Soda (all by the glass), all unfrozen non Alcoholic Cocktail. Then Cocktails of the day listed in Island Chat & Cocktails listed as "All time favourites" & "Tropical Toasts" as listed in onboard bar menu, Red, Rose & White house wine by the glass & Port Wine. Water, fruit juices, kids drinks & mixers also included by the glass. Hope this helps. :)

Just moving this up again for Newbies. Plenty to enjoy methinks!!

Mo , what did you say your daughters name was. Danni says if she manages to see you she will defiantly say hi to her.

RR. Won't be too long before its your turn to wind everyone else up, let's just hope we get as good as weather as they are having at the moment. Danni keeps sending me pics of her in the sun or telling me it's hottttt!!!!

Mo...you winding me up..:D :confused:

Hi RR! What did I say?? :confused: Is your new grandchild here yet?

Hi Jen. My daughter's name is Rachael. Don't worry, I'm sure we will make ourselves known to Dannii!! :D

Archived