India based agent for tour to Agra after cruise

Skeezics

We will be disembarking in Mumbai. Has anyone arranged independent travel to Agra from Mumbai? Know that probably the best scenerio is to fly to Delhi, then train or car to Agra. Appreciate any input. If you have the name of an agent that you would recommend; email me at ljcalgal@hotmail.com. Thanks, Barb

We had a fabulous guide and drive for our two days in Mumbai, we had arranged it through

http://www.mumbaimagic.com/

and from the same company

http://www.agramagic.com/

Highly recommended, just email Deepa Krishnan (seee contact deatls from above websites.

If you do use them please let us know how you got on.

Ron

We did not go ourselves as we would hzave missed too much of other ports we wanted to see.

One couple on our MDR table and said it was very tiring but absolutely fabulous and they would not have missed in the world.

Ron

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard great things about Deepa as well but it is so easy to arrange on your own - and definitely less expensive. Good budget airlines (SpiceJet, GoAir, Indigo) will get you from Mumbai to Delhi. Would recommend spending some time in Delhi if you can and at least an overnight in Agra so you can see the Taj Mahal at sunrise and sunset. I really would not miss seeing the Taj. Also see, Agra Fort! For both of those you can hire a guide there. My personal preference would be to hire a car/driver in Delhi to go to Agra. Have a great cruise and enjoy India.

We did a land based trip Delhi/Agra/Jaipur fully organised by Deepa Krishnan from Delhi Magic- ( just google Delhi Magic and all her contact details are there) . She also runs Mumbai Magic, etc. Anyway she organised a private car and driver, private guides in each city , cold bottled water in the car, and altogether a hassle free trip. She is spoken of very highly on tripadvisor and I can certainly recommend her. We went to see the Taj Mahal at dawn........absolutely awesome experience! Hope you can get there too!!:):)

• 4 weeks later...

There are many tour agency in India, and they will make all your wishes come true. I used Trans India Holiday and they are very reputable, and will customize a tour for you with impeccable cars and drivers/and will book your plane tickets for you and leave nothing to chance.

I liked Jet airlines the most personally.

You have to fly from Mumbai to Delhi, because the trip would otherwise be very long. Delhi is not very far from Agra, but I was surprised how much longer it takes to travel that distance. And the traffic is very, very ... ah... diverse. Depending on how many tractors/camel carts/etc are on the road, the trip might take a little or a lot more time.

We will be disembarking in Mumbai. Has anyone arranged independent travel to Agra from Mumbai? Know that probably the best scenerio is to fly to Delhi, then train or car to Agra. Appreciate any input. If you have the name of an agent that you would recommend; email me at ljcalgal@hotmail.com. Thanks, Barb

A few years ago we stayed in Dehli and did the trip to Agra in one day . We arranged everything in the states through ISRAM TOURS. I must say they held our hand the moment we arrived into Dehli. Set everyting up. The best tour we ever had we where there 4 days before flying to Mumbai for our crusie.

• 2 weeks later...

First let me say that we did a 84 day trip to India, Bhutan and Bangladesh earlier this year. 49 of those days were land from Delhi to Delhi. We used the services of Kalka travels. I must pass them along as a perfect travel operator for what ever you need. From ! day to whatever they will handle it. I kept changing and making longer our trip in in 24 hors a new price was given. No money up front, 50% upon arrival in Delhi at their office and the remainder at the end. All tolls and ALL parking fees were incl. We had a Toyota Innove which is a 7 pax minivan for 49 days and we were charged $3000. Total. Nice tip at the end. Thats all.

As I am somewhat of a control freak I booked all the hotels on my own using hoteltravel.com and they had no problem with that. Or I think they will book for you. I just like to choose.

India can be the most fustrating place to travel in or the easiest. Go the total private way and you will have a great time.

PS Our guide was Lakhan. A total joy. Nothing to much. As he said in the begining, he is with us for 24 hours a day and anything we want at any time was good.

Jeffrey

P1310721.jpg.b3e15293011da3430af19611112e3dc8.jpg

P1310736.jpg.3d8e14ad8534da284e43862dce922b03.jpg

P1310943.jpg.fd0adc048e4b5b433fbe458f8759bcf5.jpg

Archived