Good Caribbean port for golfing?

My boyfriend asked for just one request.. one day of golfing! He has never been on a cruise before and he would really love to golf somewhere he has never been. I am still stuck picking a cruise... I need to go Sat-Sat due to custody rules... so that leaves me the Oasis.. which the weeks that I can go, it only goes to Cozumel, Haiti and Jamaica.... I dont want to have to cruise Carnival although I like the ports better (LOVED Roatan)...

One of the best courses we have ever played is the White Witch, which is a Ritz-Carlton resort property located in the Rose Hall Plantation between Montego Bay and Falmouth. :D He will love the experience!!!

Bruce

Golf in the Carribean has come so far in the last 10-20 years ...... but, I still NEVER take my clubs or try to get in a round when I'm on a cruise. Depending on what type of cabin you have, storage (luggage) space can be very limited ..... maybe some of the ships make special arrangements for club storage ...... not sure. For me, it's just way too much trouble for one round of golf.

That being said, one of the best courses I've played is Mayakoba which is in the Riv. Maya area by Cancun and may be accessible from Cozumel. Here is their website:

http://www.mayakoba.com/#

If he goes ...... and if he has time, have him swing by the Fairmont Hotel at the course ........ this WILL BE your next vacation spot! :D :D

We will have a suite but he lost his clubs on our trip to Phoenix in February so he won't be bringing them!

White Witch has very nice clubs for rent. :D As I recall, they were reasonably priced as well. Even w/ storage, simply not worth the hassle.....

Bruce

I have seen/heard Concierges on HAL ships in Neptune Lounges arrange all the details for suite guests to play golf in various Caribbean islands. She arranges a tee time, a car pick up, lunch, stores their clubs and they have fabulous time.

If you would love to do that on a cruise, look into booking a Deluxe Veranda Suite and confirm when booking you can have the Concierge arrange this service for you.

My boyfriend asked for just one request.. one day of golfing! He has never been on a cruise before and he would really love to golf somewhere he has never been. I am still stuck picking a cruise... I need to go Sat-Sat due to custody rules... so that leaves me the Oasis.. which the weeks that I can go, it only goes to Cozumel, Haiti and Jamaica.... I dont want to have to cruise Carnival although I like the ports better (LOVED Roatan)...

Try princes

In future, if you get to St. Thomas, Mahogan Run is a great course, and the view is breath taking.

Yes they have rental clubs.

You can get local taxi to take you to Megans Bay, while he golf's.

We will have a suite but he lost his clubs on our trip to Phoenix in February so he won't be bringing them!

Bruce if he wants to do white witch, is it through the ship?

Sorry, I did not see your edit until now. :o Yes it can be done through the ship, but not on RCI. Carnival (and I assume HAL and Princess based upon other answers provided) used to have (and may still) a 'golf pro' who would make all arrangements and lead the 'tour' (has been since '04 so many things likely have changed there as well). Using RCI you would need to make your own arrangements including transport to the course and back (not difficult to arrange). We did it off RCI from Montego Bay and made our own arrangements (the course can be of some help here).

BTW we had 2 extra golf carts w/ non-golfers who came along and had just as good a time as the golfers. This is really a remarkable course whether you play golf of not!!! ;)

Bruce

Archived