P&O - Price of Beveridges

verycanny

spirit measures here in Scotland are quite often 35ml (1/4 gill):) and in some pubs there are no measures their 'hand poured' and it's at least a double for the single price....notice the difference when you go to England and it's 25ml although to be fair many pubs here are now adopting the 25ml..... guess the cruise measures are 25ml which barely cover the bottom of the glass?:(.......NOT that we're alcoholics (honest), just like to chill out and feel chilled out!:)

Thats what I like about buying spirits on the Princess ships, you get a generous measure of Scotch to go with your dry ginger ale, but they go overboard with the ice. But I presume that is the way the Americans like their drinks, chockablock with ice cubes, I only like a little ice, so I ask for a couple of cubes.

You need to contact P&O about this as they will often obtain supplies appropriate. Hope they get what you want - if not maybe they would let you take your own.

Thanks cruiseluvva, will contact P&O.

spirit measures here in Scotland are quite often 35ml (1/4 gill):) and in some pubs there are no measures their 'hand poured' and it's at least a double for the single price....notice the difference when you go to England and it's 25ml although to be fair many pubs here are now adopting the 25ml..... guess the cruise measures are 25ml which barely cover the bottom of the glass?:(.......NOT that we're alcoholics (honest), just like to chill out and feel chilled out!:)

According to the P&O website the spirit measures are 25ml which i suppose will keep me from overindulging in Bombay Sapphire :(

Contrast this to Thomson which have larger measures and on a recent cruise the drink tasted horrible. Sorry sir, said the barman, we know you like Bombay so we put twice as much in the glass :eek: and it was free!

still can't wait for my sober Ventura cruise though :)

Archived