Table for 10 on the Magic

queenteacher

It didn't occur to me that our family of 10 might not be able to sit together in the dining room, but I just had a moment of panic...lol.

Has anyone seen tables for this size group on the Dream or the Magic?

Thanks so much!

Becky

lol! Since somebody googled it for me... I googled it for you!!

Carnival Splendor – Carnival Dream – Carnival Magic – Carnival Breeze

• Tables for 2: square
  • Tables for 4: booth-style; square; round (DR)
  • Tables for 6: rectangular; round
  • Tables for 8: rectangular; round
  • Tables for 10: round; rectangular (DR)

We had a table for 10 on Carnival Magic.

As did I, multiple times, on Carnival Dream (as well as numerous Fantasy and Conquest class ships). I've even posted pictures of all.

But Host RTG says they don't exist, so you must be as wackadoodle as me. We're merely hallucinating. :p :) :D

lol! Since somebody googled it for me... I googled it for you!!

Carnival Splendor – Carnival Dream – Carnival Magic – Carnival Breeze

• Tables for 2: square
  • Tables for 4: booth-style; square; round (DR)
  • Tables for 6: rectangular; round
  • Tables for 8: rectangular; round
  • Tables for 10: round; rectangular (DR)

Gotta love the google!

As did I, multiple times, on Carnival Dream (as well as numerous Fantasy and Conquest class ships). I've even posted pictures of all.

But Host RTG says they don't exist, so you must be as wackadoodle as me. We're merely hallucinating. :p :) :D

I suppose. The pictures and seating charts I posted sure look real, though. ;)

I suppose. The pictures and seating charts I posted sure look real, though. ;)

Photoshop!! It's Photoshop I tell ya!! :D

As always, Thanks for your previous informative details on several ships that gave my later sailings proper research. Although I won't ever be doing Magic (other than the DCL version), it made for nice reading/viewing.

I would love to see those pics!

They're on my website along with lot more pictures, menus, prices, etc.

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalMagic/May_01_2011/index.htm

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalMagic/May_10_2011/index.htm

As always, Thanks for your previous informative details on several ships that gave my later sailings proper research. Although I won't ever be doing Magic (other than the DCL version), it made for nice reading/viewing.

If I was going to photoshop something, I'd make it a table for 100. Go big or go home. :D

You won't catch me on a ship with ears.

DSC_6848.JPG

DSC_6846.JPG

Just because tables for 10 exist .. doesnt mean you will be assigned one if you are doing traditional .. thats a jump in logic.

True I have sat at them myself .. but Carnival states in their FAQs if you have a group of more than 6 you may be broken up.

Too bad we cant hook up. Im doing Carnival Magic as a solo!!! .. in a 1A, so you can have the upper bunk, if there is one.

Just because tables for 10 exist .. doesnt mean you will be assigned one if you are doing traditional .. thats a jump in logic.

True I have sat at them myself .. but Carnival states in their FAQs if you have a group of more than 6 you may be broken up.

That's why you always want to get to know your maitre d's. ;)

That's why you always want to get to know your maitre d's. ;)

Sarge is absolutely right.....after a great chat with Ken on the Magic (our maitre d from Ireland), they actually took our table of ten and added a table for 2 to the end of it to fit our group of 12. Originally we had 10 of us assigned to one table together and the other 2 were at a table in the other dining room....it would have been fine had we had 2 groups of 6 or something but the original seating assignemnt did not work with 2 of our group on their own. They were very accomodating on the Magic and part of it was luck as where our table was located there was room to add the small table for the other two. This would not work for all tables of 10. Also make sure your bookings are all cross referenced. Oh and it didn't hurt that the 2 who needed to be moved were Irish so Ken felt he had to help out those from his home country.... :D

I am fully aware that we may or may not be seated together, but it's possible. If we are not, I will just check it right away with the Maitre De and see if it's possible. Kindness goes a long way and Carnival really does want their cruisers to be happy. I know that if it's possible it will happen and if it's not, they will do their best to get 2 tables together. Nothing will ruin a cruise vacation! It's better to sit at 2 separate tables enjoying a great meal on vacation than sit on 2 couches in the living room having pizza!

:)

Archived