Embarking at Southampton

User Error

Can anyone tell me what time we can expect to be able to board The Crown next week at Southampton.

Princess say on their documentation from 1pm but I'm sure its earlier than that......from what others have said at other ports

They will not let anyone board the ship till 12 pm -that is if you are elite/plat.

I dont know where your ship is coming from but it could be late or in another pier ? We were on the GP stuck in the North sea and we were late one year and did not dock till 3-4 pm in another pier .So be prepared.

HI User Error, We were on the Grand 28th May, arrived at docks at 11ish and parked upstraight away.Thought we would have to wait in the waiting area but were straight through, and through security and on board for 11.30am.I dont know if this was an exception , but I hope you can get the same treatment.

We've arrived before 11:30am and every time, we've checked in and boarded. Last September, boarding was a bit delayed since they had almost 400 Platinum/Elite who all seemed to be there at the same time to board. Thus, there were long lines and a wait but if there hadn't been as many, we would have boarded right away.

Can anyone tell me what time we can expect to be able to board The Crown next week at Southampton.

Princess say on their documentation from 1pm but I'm sure its earlier than that......from what others have said at other ports

For our one cruise out of Southampton we flew into LHR early morning and after an hour had a Princess Transfer, arriving early in Southampton before the listed embarkation time. We were able to check in and wait in the large waiting area, however boarding did not commence until the listed boarding time of 1:00 PM

We observed the guides involved in the boarding process lounging in one corner of the waiting area until precisely 5 minutes before 1:00. It looked like they were "union workers" who provided coverage during their contract time and not a minute more. Without the guides in place there was no boarding.

Boarding went strictly by Captain's Circle rank with Elite (and suite) passengers first, Platinum following only after all Elite passengers present had passed the gate. I assume the same happened for general boarding.

I do know we were very hungry by the time we boarded, but is was another half hour before any of the dining venues opened.

We had a private car service that picked us up near Westminster Abbey in London. We were on the road before 10:30AM and once the driver found the correct pier (probably took an extra 5 minutes) we were checking in by 11:30AM and in our cabin before noon.

With the staggered embarkation, (did you get your notice from Princess?) we were allowed on first: Platinum and on Aloha Deck Cabin 304. The terminal is a little smaller, so it helps to reduce crowding.

We had a private car service that picked us up near Westminster Abbey in London. We were on the road before 10:30AM and once the driver found the correct pier (probably took an extra 5 minutes) we were checking in by 11:30AM and in our cabin before noon.
Holy cow! Your driver must have been flying! I've gone from London to Southampton several times and it's never been close to an hour. More like an hour and a half or more. According to my map, it's 80 miles and the estimated time is 1 hour 40 minutes.

We've arrived before 11:30am and every time, we've checked in and boarded. Last September, boarding was a bit delayed since they had almost 400 Platinum/Elite who all seemed to be there at the same time to board. Thus, there were long lines and a wait but if there hadn't been as many, we would have boarded right away.

Doing the UK circumnav on Crown in Aug out of SOU. Can you advise if there is a specific Plat/Elite dep lounge there or do they just direct you to designated lines for checkin. We're going out of Ocean Terminal 46/47 Gate 4. Thanks in advance, and...

Ciao for now!!!

We were on the Grand 21st May sailing, arrived at 10.50 handed over our car and we were in our cabin by 11.15, I have never known anything so fast. I guess it all depends on the ship's condition. They did warn us that our cabin may not be finished and to go to our cabin , drop our bags and go get something to eat.

With the staggered embarkation, (did you get your notice from Princess?) we were allowed on first: Platinum and on Aloha Deck Cabin 304. The terminal is a little smaller, so it helps to reduce crowding.

I think Pam was right, you must of had a pilot, not a driver!!!, unless your statement of being on the road before 10-30am meant upto an hour before

It can take 45 minutes or more just to get out of London.

Doing the UK circumnav on Crown in Aug out of SOU. Can you advise if there is a specific Plat/Elite dep lounge there or do they just direct you to designated lines for checkin. We're going out of Ocean Terminal 46/47 Gate 4. Thanks in advance, and...

Ciao for now!!!

Yes, We just got off the Crown from the British Isles & Iceland cruise and there is a designated area for Suite/Elite/Platinum check in just as you enter the check in lounge.The Ocean terminal is a lovely new building and drop off for luggage is a breeze.

But, remember there is a small chance the ship won't be in the Ocean terminal. Just be prepared to be flexible in case you aren't in the terminal you're expecting to be in. The terminal can change depending on a number of things - currents, other ships, time into port, etc. Ours was changed twice as we approached SoTown to disembark.

Archived