Earliest time to disembark Brilliance in Dubai

We have a choice of 3 flights home from Dubai to Gatwick after our Brilliance cruise this December.

Approx 0230, 0820 or 1445

This ship docks in Dubai the day before disembarkation, so I assume we can go for any of these flights. We are travelling with an infant so we prefer not to be hanging around an airport for hours for the 1445 flight.

I phoned RCL who were more than useless.

Anyone been on these cruises who can offer advice?

Thanks in advance.

We have a choice of 3 flights home from Dubai to Gatwick after our Brilliance cruise this December.

This ship docks in Dubai the day before disembarkation, so I assume we can go for any of these flights. We are travelling with an infant so we prefer not to be hanging around an airport for hours for the 1445 flight.

Thanks in advance.

I did this cruise last year. Fabulous by the way. You can disembark any time the ship has docked - you will need to collect your passport - I checked my CruiseCompass and they were handing them out between 6-9p on that last evening. A cab to the airport costs around AED50 which is about £10.

Thanks in advance.

We did it Feb this year. You can disembark whenever you wish. We had KLM flight via Sciphol to Edinburgh, and decided upon early morning flight about 1.00am to facilitate my need to head straight to work from Edinburgh airport. Worked well, managed to snatch some sleep.

he thing about an 8ish morning flight is you need to get up middle of night to do that, not ideal with a little one! The afternoon flight shouldn't be too bad in terms of airport waiting as RC do not pitch you off too early. You will be able to head off lateish morning, and be aware the airport procedure in Dubai is lengthy!

Enjoy, we did thoroughly.

You will be able to head off lateish morning, and be aware the airport procedure in Dubai is lengthy!

Enjoy, we did thoroughly.

I disagree. I flew out of Dubai last week. From taxi to being checked in took about 4 minutes. Was in the departure lounge within about 10 mins,given the the lengthy walk from security to the lounge area under the runway

I disagree. I flew out of Dubai last week. From taxi to being checked in took about 4 minutes. Was in the departure lounge within about 10 mins,given the the lengthy walk from security to the lounge area under the runway

Your prerogative....our experience was a lengthy one:D

Thanks in advance.

Hi Thomas

We are flying from Dubai in Nov 11 after sailing on Brilliance we have been booked on the 14.45 flight by RCI. I am hoping they don't get us off the ship to early usually we do our own transfers but this time we are doing the full package.

We were on Brilliance in April 2011 and they did offer for a small payment the option to stay on the ship until after lunch on disembarkation day this was in Barcelona, I don't know whether they will do the same in Dubai.

Good luck on your cruise with your little one, my daughter comes to visit with our granddaughter for a couple of days and the amount of stuff she brings is unbelievable, she just cannot travel light!!!!!

Archived